Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:22 PM

also Scorch from walmart works well for me. :P

#47 User is offline   BlueMoon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BlueMoon

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:08 PM

Hey, just wanted to stake my claim. Add me to the list as #13. (not sure if that's right or not, but it sounded like a nice, round number.)

I've been a pistoleer for almost all of my 8 years paintballing, and I've gone through several other pistols as my primary (and for a long time ONLY) marker, and when I saw this clip-fed dream-come-true, there was no turning back. S/N#3287.
I'm currently packing this little bad boy, four magazines, four 'HomeDepo special' reloaders, and two of SpecOps' 50 round guppies in a military MOLLE gear chest harness with two thigh rigs.

I did have one question for those of you who took the plunge and bought a second TAC8; How, exactly, do you put both to use on the field? I too have been tempted by the allure of matrix-style bunker rushes and dual wielding my way to paintball glory, but everytime I try to puzzle out the issue of reloading two guns at once, or actually HITTING my targed with the off-hand gun, I am left a little lost. Please understand, this is not a sarcastic question. I would genuinely like to know how dual wielding actually plays-out on the field before throwing down another $250 on a second TAC8.

One of the major questions that has also come up in my mind in regards to this is, if dual-wielding were such an effective tactic, why wouldn't more military/security/police professionals be using two weapons at once? I understand that for the average cop/soldier/guard, carrying two firearms is way beyond practical, as they barely use one, but for those special forces boys/ SWAT/ and other special operators who's business is regularly dealing out destruction, why wouldn't they carry around another firearm? I'm also not reffering to carrying a second in the role of a sidearm, as many operators do, but as an additional primary weapon.

Any thoughts?

~Halfwitt
IPB Image

IPB Image

#48 User is offline   Drizit 

• Take me to your lizard
  • PipPip
  • Location:A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse
  • Brigade Name:Drizit

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:49 PM

View PostBlueMoon, on Sep 6 2006, 12:08 AM, said:

I did have one question for those of you who took the plunge and bought a second TAC8; How, exactly, do you put both to use on the field? I too have been tempted by the allure of matrix-style bunker rushes and dual wielding my way to paintball glory, but everytime I try to puzzle out the issue of reloading two guns at once, or actually HITTING my targed with the off-hand gun, I am left a little lost. Please understand, this is not a sarcastic question. I would genuinely like to know how dual wielding actually plays-out on the field before throwing down another $250 on a second TAC8.

One of the major questions that has also come up in my mind in regards to this is, if dual-wielding were such an effective tactic, why wouldn't more military/security/police professionals be using two weapons at once? I understand that for the average cop/soldier/guard, carrying two firearms is way beyond practical, as they barely use one, but for those special forces boys/ SWAT/ and other special operators who's business is regularly dealing out destruction, why wouldn't they carry around another firearm? I'm also not reffering to carrying a second in the role of a sidearm, as many operators do, but as an additional primary weapon.

Any thoughts?

~Halfwitt

Well I've been dual wielding for a while now, I own 2 Zeus G2s and I realy like it. The issue of reloading is has a simple solution. Holster one reload, swap guns and reload the other. Hitting things with your off hand tends to only happen at close range. And let me tell you nothing gets peoples attention like someone running into their bunker shooting 2 pistols, also gets a lot of attention in the staging area. I also use it as a secondary for my phantom. The reason as to why real special operators don't carry 2 primary weapons is also simple, 1: they are heavy, 2: recoil 3: you can dump more ammo where you want it with full auto or 3 round with 2 hands then you could with 1 each on 2 guns.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs and shoots you at point blank range becuase you thought 20+bps made you good. Pump Gun Pimp #1812
You're never more alive then the first time some one puts a gun to your favorite head and asks you to dance.
There must have been a time
when you could have said no.

#49 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jaron

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:49 AM

I guess I'll claim #14 then. Just picked it up last week and I am impressed. Had a few 20 yard shots that were right on the money. When I got tagged and came out, people were staring in disbelief that "Pistol Pete" was keeping them pinned down.

View PostABOMB, on Aug 29 2006, 04:31 PM, said:

Can anyone tell me what paint is working good?
As for paint, it's a .691 bore size ( same as my A-5 stiffy luckily ) so you want a slightly larger paint. Marbs are nice but they tend to be a bit small. I'm running Polar Ice and Evil and it fits great. Try this site for other paint sizing.

As for not using two pistols in the "real-world," recoil is indeed the primary reason since your accuracy suffers even more than usual with a pistol. Pistols have an effective range of about 50 ft. Past that and you have to be a dang good shot. Losing the stability of the support hand just makes it worse. Firepower is another. Desert Eagles have some great punch but can't compete with the armor penetration and range of something like a Steyr AUG. But if you're talking about style points . . .

#50 User is offline   Jet 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jet the Black Dog

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

New toys from Tiberius, and no these are not photoshopped images.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sweet huh. They are working on a 20 round mag as well.

"This is a modular design that can be transformed from pistol to CQB to rifel to Sniper rifel. All components are quick release for easy breakdown. All models will have the option for a hopper adapter and an air line."

They are also working on something that will "Change the game" :D
...and a good time was had by all
Co-founder and Captain Team BeBop
Proudly sponsored by Smart Parts, Qloader, Special Ops Paintball and First Call Paintball
SP-1 w/Qloader
Tiberius 8 Special Edition

#51 User is offline   KONA 

• Brigade Recruiter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KONA

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

Wow that is so awsome ,are they selling this stuff yet? on there web site? :usa:

#52 User is offline   KONA 

• Brigade Recruiter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KONA

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

Anyone have the link to Tiberius web sit ,I lost the web address,I want the actul web sit ,not a paintball store that sells them but Tiberius's web site. :D

#53 User is offline   BlueMoon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:44 AM

Just go to www.tiberiusarms.com

Saddly, they don't have any info on these new upgrades. Just really basic stuff about the pistol itself, the magazines, and their holster/magazine rig stuff.

Where on earth did you find those pictures? The styling on all the accessories matches the original, and with the option for a larger magazine and constant air this could become much more than just a sidearm...

Not that I use it as anything but my primary anyway.

Awsome stuff. Note that the top block is not the same one currently on the gun. The view-port is on the side, and there is no swooping cut-away that exposes the barrel. The rear block is also different, but it almost looks like they just rotated the entire top of the gun down to the left, minus the barrel cut-away.

~BlueMoon
IPB Image

IPB Image

#54 User is offline   Jet 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:02 PM

What I know so far, these are not for sale yet, but very very soon. These are not backwards compatable with the tiberius 8 without serious mods to the gun. I could tell you where I obtained the images however I'd then have to kill you.
Proudly sponsored by Smart Parts, Qloader, Special Ops Paintball and First Call Paintball
SP-1 w/Qloader

#55 User is offline   BlueMoon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:45 PM

View PostJet, on Sep 16 2006, 08:02 PM, said:

What I know so far, these are not for sale yet, but very very soon. These are not backwards compatable with the tiberius 8 without serious mods to the gun. I could tell you where I obtained the images however I'd then have to kill you.

Well, occasionally risking death is worth the info. If you're still willing to make good on that deal (you know, death for info) I'm game. I'd love to learn more about these bad boys. I've acutally been considering buying a second TAC8, but knowing this is coming out soon, I'll wait until I can pick up the more modular base unit.

Now, are we talking slow, excruciatingly painful death, or the quick and painless variety?

~BlueMoon
IPB Image

IPB Image

#56 User is offline   Jet 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:05 AM

I enjoy torture myself, there is always the chance of escape or boredom before death actually arrives. :(
SP-1 w/Qloader

#57 User is offline   BlueMoon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:01 AM

View PostJet, on Sep 17 2006, 03:05 AM, said:

I enjoy torture myself, there is always the chance of escape or boredom before death actually arrives. :)

Torture would give me more opportunity for escape, and chicks really dig cool scars...

Good! I'm sold. So, now we just need to arrange the when, where, and whatt-sorts-of-nasty-horrible-painful-things-to-be-done.

~BlueMoon
IPB Image

IPB Image

#58 User is offline   Jet 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:48 AM

Find your way out to the Big Game I'm running this weekend here in NC, Clear and Present Danger. :P
SP-1 w/Qloader

#59 User is offline   BlueMoon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:21 PM

I'd love to, I really would, but I am currently active duty military stationed in California. I am also restricted on the distance I can travel from post due to still being in training status.

In all seriousness though, is there any more info out on these new Tiberius Arms products? I have been having DREAMS about these things for the past few days (ever since I saw the pictures in this post).

This is already becoming a form of horrible torture...

I had no idea you were so good.

~BlueMoon
IPB Image

IPB Image

#60 User is offline   Jet 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:43 PM

For now I have no further info, when I can squeeze it out of my source I'll post it here. :)
SP-1 w/Qloader

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users