Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

am i crazy removal of asa valve=better gun? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hittman 

• Hittman1422
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:stone county-missouri/ arkansas border (middle of nowhere)
  • Brigade Name:HITTMAN1422

Post icon  Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

ok call me crazy but i have 2 a-5s and run either on either hpa or c02.... i was having leaking problems and consistancy issues with both guns, one night i got angry :evil: and took off asa valve from gun and plugged in tank directly into the gun, would provide pics but having issues with camera. after i did this my gun not only shoots better but also quieter and less of a vapor cloud when using c02. my leaking problem has also mysteriously dissapeared :unsure: ... did i just "bump" something and now this happened or does this actually help my marker????? :wacko: :wacko:
If your a Christian paintballer put this in your sig.
" Now use head for something other than target!"- Miyagi
" The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor dumb b@$#@/8 die for his"- Gen. George Patton

My Great Great Grandfather Floyd Hickman who was a judge in Clinton once said...
" Sheriff, get that guilty S.O.B. in here so we can give him a fair trial"

#2 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:24 AM

A horizontal ASA on a marker will allow some liquid to get into the system. When you just stick the tank into the vertical ASA/air line port, you are essentially making your tank an anti-siphon, thus ridding it of liquid. It is a great way to maintain consistency, but unfortunately, is less ergonomic. I will sacrifice some consistency on a semi-auto for the feel. However, on a pump, a 3.5oz tank set vertically is great.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#3 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:56 AM

It works better as far as consistency, since liquid CO2 has to defy gravity to get in your tank. Unfortuneately CO2 tanks get cold so if you touch them with your bare hand its like "ow". But yes, it is kinda a preference thing. Sacrificing consistency for a decent stock and ergonomic grip.

#4 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

if this is the case, then there's some kind of restriction in your air-lines. Most likely, in the horizontal asa.

Take a drill and enlarge the hole(s) on either side of the pin-nipple there the tank screws in. Double the size if you can. Reattach it to the marker and see if that doesn't help any....
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users