• You cannot reply to this topic

Need help rebuilding a gun Armortech WG-65

#1 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Ok here's the background. A friend of mine bought a few guns of craigslist, and one was an Armortech WG-65. He was going to throw it away, but i said NO!!!! so i have it now! My only problem is, it is missing the end cap for the "lower" bolt. I will include pictures.

I was hoping to use my special ops friends' knowledge to help me get this marker up and running. I bought a few pipe pieces from Home Depot to try and rig my own end cap. Well i will get pics as this project goes along.

Here is what i have found out so far:
-Armortech is out of business, and replacement parts are near impossible to find
-i heard this is a spyder "clone" perhaps a spyder piece will work for this gun?
-Armortech is now known as Ariakon? do they have parts is need?
-The threading is a 1/2" size for the lower bolt, only problem is building something to support the spring and adjust velocity!
-some guy on another forum said this: You should be able to get these parts from a Miltec dealer. The Miltecs/Armotechs/Warsensors are basically all the same guns, just different names.

Any help with this is much appreciated. If anyone has rebuilt one of these, let me know!

Here are some pics: the red box is what i am missing.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by alexspawn3000: 25 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#2 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

The main problem I see is that its a screw in piece and to my memorie spyder has never had a threaded cap.

Im willing to bet that a spyder part will fit that but you would need to drill a hole in the frame for the pin to hold everything in place, not really a suggestion Im offering.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#3 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Well i took it to the local paintball shop to see if any other part would work. Theres a few spyder guns with lower bolt threads...but they are too small. As i said before it is a 1/2 inch thread size. Right now im playing with pipe fittings to see what i can do. I got a 1/2 in to 1/4 in reducer and i might try putting a 1/4 screw in there...then filling it down so the spring fits around it. Only problem will be getting the velocity right.

I am trying to dig around and look at the miltec guns...cuz they are almost identical. This company is a ghost though...
Posted Image
~AleX~

#4 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

UPDATE!

ok, so i called the warsensor number on their website....this business is completely gone. Their number is now a piantball distributor. SO what doesthat mean...i have to find a part that someone is selling off the same gun either craigslist, or ebay, or i custom make a piece for it.

I am thinking the custom piece is probably more achievable at this point... SO here goes! time to buy lots of pipe fittigns and mess with this thing. Any dieas are appreciated. ALSO if you know wnyone who owns or has rebuilt an Armortech WG-65 or similar! let me know!
Posted Image
~AleX~

#5 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

All I can think to help you at this point would be find a machine shop and ask nicely.

God I wish I had some better advice for you.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#6 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

I would say head on over to MCB and ask the experts. They might be able to help you out as it seems there is more traffic over there.

#7 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Yeah i thought about the machine shop. First i need to find one, then hopefully they can help me.

As for the MCB forums. I stumbled upon them while looking for answers...i found older posts sayin either look for miltec parts or warsensor parts...but they are apparently out of business.

Once i get o-rings in the gun, i will air it up and see if my pipe fitting will do the trick. I am using a 1/2 inch to 1/4 reducer with a 1/4 cap on the back. The spring fits in the 1/4 hole and the cap seems like i can adjust by varying the depth. I just hope the spring will work without some kind of "rod" in the middle of it.
Posted Image
~AleX~

#8 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

I don't know if it will. Every blow back I have encountered has to have some form of spring guide to keep the drive spring from binding up.

#9 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Ok heres the update on the gun. After replacing o-rings i am able to air up the gun and it does not leak...at least i cannot hear a leak, so thats good. The custom cap i made sort of guides the spring, but it is because the spring fits inside of the piece, so it sort of makes a "tube" for the spring to sit in, which seems to prevent the spring from binding. So, i aired up the gun, cocked it and fired... it fires! Only problem is it seems a little underpowered. Like the amount if pressure it outputs seems low. I tested the air tank on my a5 and the cyclone was spunning so i know the tank isnt empty.

So thats where i am at. The gun can cock manually and fire once very weak. Time to look into why.

Oh another small problem. My custom valve cap gets in the way of the stock ring that secures the stock from spinning...so i started filling down my pieces to make room. Going to take some tweaking. For now i just wedge rhe custom bolt against the stock and it holds it for now. Nothing major, but definitely. Something i need to workout.

Ill try to get pics, need to clear my phones memory...
Posted Image
~AleX~

#10 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

I am thinking the gun isnt recocking because the pressure output is low. I didnt notice before until i relooked at the schematics...but theres a screw to open ip the pressure output...duh! Haha ill see if that does anyhing...i might have fixed this marker...for under $15!
Posted Image
~AleX~

#11 User is offline   methusaleh 

• Living the life
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

I got a ton of NOS parts for the WG65 and a few other similar markers, from the "US Military Gear" (paintball) website. Now it looks like just a placeholder site is there. Anyhow, I called and spoke to the owner of the company, who had some connection to the old Armotech, etc. companies, and was able to secure me a great box of goodies for nearly free. And he still had more, I just did not need them. You should try to get contact info for them, I bet they can help. This was a couple of years ago, but the guy I spoke to said he had plenty of those parts and was willing to blow them out for super cheap.

#12 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Well that sounds good! Any info were to look for me? Seems like every site i check is a dead end. If you have those parts or a number i can call to get parts it will be greatly appreciated.

And when you say you have a ton of parts...do you have the pieces on the attatched schematic i can buy off of you?
Posted Image
~AleX~

#13 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

View Postmethusaleh, on 29 May 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

I got a ton of NOS parts for the WG65 and a few other similar markers, from the "US Military Gear" (paintball) website. Now it looks like just a placeholder site is there. Anyhow, I called and spoke to the owner of the company, who had some connection to the old Armotech, etc. companies, and was able to secure me a great box of goodies for nearly free. And he still had more, I just did not need them. You should try to get contact info for them, I bet they can help. This was a couple of years ago, but the guy I spoke to said he had plenty of those parts and was willing to blow them out for super cheap.

shot in the dark here, but did you still have their info? I really want to get this gun working. I think i almost got it to work. It fires one time and does not re-cock. Its probably because i have no rear bolt o-ring, so there isn't enough back pressure. Need to try and see if i can find the right size at home depot or something. Anyway, having the correct parts would help alot :)
Posted Image
~AleX~

#14 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

my shot in the dark; have you called RAP4, the diagram is very similar to a T68 and both are basically Syders.

This post has been edited by sousey: 19 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

#15 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

No...did not know that LOL. Unfortunately my work network blocks rap4...no idea WHY. but ill have to look at the T68 parts. Or maybe i can convince them to machine me a new part :).

Thanks for the info!
Posted Image
~AleX~

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users