• You cannot reply to this topic

Paintball in a Huge Mine! Starship Troopers Scenario Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

On November 5 The Urban Guard will produce a Starship Troopers scenario in a huge, (big enough to drive a full size pick up through, with lots of room to spare) underground mine in Southern Ohio. We have posted details about this location before; it is legal, we are not trespassing. The mines are safe (they have been inspected) and you cannot get lost; trust me! The mines are very dark, so, flashlights are required. We have paintballed here twice before and can tell you, it is like nothing you have done before! It does not matter what the weather outside is doing, the mines are dry and constantly 55 degrees or so. Don't let rain stop you! Cost is twenty dollars to play. Bring your own paintballs. There will be CO2 fills available. As the time gets closer I will post up more details. I will be glad to answer any questions you have.
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#2 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

Love it. I'll see what I can do to make this one.

Will you guys have chronos on hand? Can you put up a link to a google map? You may be answering those as time got closer, but I get anxious sometimes, lol.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#3 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Yes, We will have two chronos on hand; a big red chrono and my new blue chrono. (Two field chronos) I will get a google map link on here and GPS coordinates. The game will be have referrees and measures will be taken to insure safety (as with all Urban Guard games)This really is one of the most unique experiences you will have paintballing. Well worth the time and money.
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

#4 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

Having played this field several times now it's awesome. The mines are very safe and everything is marked clearly, the people who own the mines are great guys and really want to make sure that everyone has a positive exeriance. I know that every field claims to be the best most unique exeriance ever but thoughs fields don't have a under ground mine. There are a few lights down some of the tunnels and there are sections that are completely dark, another cool aspect of playing in the mine is that it's quiet. You can be in the front of the mine and there could be a large fire fight in the back of the mine and you would never know it.

I know that when people think of a mine they think of doing deep under ground but this mine is a Horizontal mine it's in the side of a hill so it's nothing like a deep earth mine being miles and miles underground none of that here. So we won't end up like the guys in Soth America. The mine is a Silica Mine, Not a Coal Mine i know that when people think of South Eastern Ohio they think Coal Mine. This was a place where they mined Silica to make iron molds for the foundries in Ironton Ohio, so not only do you get to play paintball in a mine but you get some hisotry as well (nice right).

If anyone has questions or wants to see pics we have some older posts with pics and info on the mine in there. Here soon I'll try to get the poster posted in here. Trust me you don't want to miss this game, fun will be had by all.

Tim

#5 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

whoa holy crap you guys are still alive :0 ill definately swing down for another mine game
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#6 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Here is the Flier for this even. We are going to have some great props and a good turn out, come and see what all the fuss is about.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by scoobshagg: 27 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

#7 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

We've been very busy making props for this game, and I must say I am amazed at what our team's props people have done. You don't want to miss out on this game, it will be worth the drive reguarless of where you live. PM us or email me if you have questions about this game.

#8 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:03 AM

Folks, the largest turn out we have ever had at a game that The Urban Guard produced was 60 people. Starship Troopers in the mines is going to exceed that, easily. We have several large groups traveling from Columbus, OH., around Youngstown, Ohio and all points around! If you are afraid to committ to this game because of low turn out I do not believe there will be a problem! Turn out promises to be huge! I will be posting pictures of some of the completed props soon!

#9 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

SkyNet News Update - THIS JUST IN - A brave unit of Mobile Infantry Scouts have just landed on Planet "J" to investigate sightings of an Arachnid colony. It is quiet, Wait what's that? Where did they... They're everywhere! Get out of here! RUN! AAAaaahhhh.... Regretfully - this was the last transmission from our Advanced Scouting Unit on Planet "J" Would You Like To Know More?

Attached File(s)

#10 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hey Check out Blast Radious Woodsball Podcast they mention this game in there most recient pod cast, it's episode 206.

http://brwp.net/

#11 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

Wow! People are really interested in this game! We have Army/Marine Recruiters wanting to bring groups, several paintball stores coming and The Land Paintball Field in Columbus, Ohio is closing that day so there Refs and workers can attend this game! Worried about low turn out making it not worth your while? If everyone attends who has said they are coming, we should have 100 + players! Did I mention give aways?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users