Special Ops Paintball: Paint job opinions - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paint job opinions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Special E.D. 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 06-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mill Creek, Wa

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hey guys,
I am about to undertake a paint job for my A-5 and this is the quick scheme I came up with. Let me know what you guys think and if i should switch any colors around. Thank ya much looking forward getting some ideas.

Attached File(s)


0

#2 User is offline   Big Bone 

  • Special Ops Finisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,693
  • Joined: 13-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Brigade Name:Big Bone

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

I think it looks good apart from the gray/tan airbrushed blotches. I would say either skip that color or integrate it in your pain job by using the same method of stenciling as the other colors.


BB
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#003300--><span style="color:#003300"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Micah Orvis - Special Ops Finishes<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<img src="http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e253/Micah_Orvis/OmniPatX7-1.jpg" border="0" class="linked-image" /><img src="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/images/factoryemployee_badge.jpg" border="0" class="linked-image" /><a href="mailto:micah@specialopspaintball.com"><!--coloro:#003300--><span style="color:#003300"><!--/coloro-->micah@specialopspaintball.com<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a>
<!--coloro:#CC0000--><span style="color:#CC0000"><!--/coloro-->StarCraft 4 Life... as long as they keep updating it for Macs :)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
0

#3 User is offline   Special E.D. 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 06-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mill Creek, Wa

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

View PostBig Bone, on Apr 15 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

I think it looks good apart from the gray/tan airbrushed blotches. I would say either skip that color or integrate it in your pain job by using the same method of stenciling as the other colors.


BB


Good call, this question is a bit of topic but is duracoat going to any of the plastic pieces on the gun as long as I prepare them right?
0

#4 User is offline   Explosive 

  • Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 29-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa/Sarasota FL
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

I think the gray is more an Earth brown - at least that's what comes to my mind.

I like the green, tan, black pattern....if you had the earthbrown/gray maybe make it
fade in with the green.

that would look pretty good!

notice how I faded cool green with olive green on this A5.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   Explosive 

  • Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 29-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa/Sarasota FL
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

View PostSpecial E.D., on Apr 16 2009, 12:30 PM, said:

View PostBig Bone, on Apr 15 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

I think it looks good apart from the gray/tan airbrushed blotches. I would say either skip that color or integrate it in your pain job by using the same method of stenciling as the other colors.


BB


Good call, this question is a bit of topic but is duracoat going to any of the plastic pieces on the gun as long as I prepare them right?



I think you're asking is duracoat going to stick to plastic parts.

I lightly sand down plastic parts, the rougher the surface, void of deep sanding marks, gouges etc the better the paint will stick.

I use a product called Rhino Adhesive promoter spray on plastic parts typically though. It's not really needed with duracoat, but
I have spray a thin coat of that stuff on first, then duracoat with high success in the past.

Duracoat is a great product!
0

#6 User is offline   Special E.D. 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 06-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mill Creek, Wa

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Thank you guys for all the help, I will be using all the suggestions in the gun. I have the gun just about stripped and I think I am going to start painting this weekend.

BTW Is adding the duracoat clear finish going to look and hold to paint ten times better or should I bother ordering it?

This post has been edited by Special E.D.: 17 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

0

#7 User is offline   Delta Red Fox 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15
  • Joined: 06-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL.
  • Brigade Name:One Shot Assassin

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

View PostExplosive, on Apr 16 2009, 05:21 PM, said:

I think the gray is more an Earth brown - at least that's what comes to my mind.

I like the green, tan, black pattern....if you had the earthbrown/gray maybe make it
fade in with the green.

that would look pretty good!

notice how I faded cool green with olive green on this A5.
Posted Image


Nice paint job!
0

#8 User is offline   Capt.turkey 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 23-April 09
  • Brigade Name:capt.turkey

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:42 AM

dude thats so awsome!!
If you are 18 or older and pay for your own gear put this on your sig!!!!
0

#9 User is offline   laxattack94 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 18-April 09

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

I would maybe change the tan to a light brown, so that way the tan just doesn't make you stick out, unless you have a lighter enviroment you play in. Other than that it's good. Or you could just take some tan out. It's all personal preference and what you play in for the most part anyways.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users