Special Ops Paintball: Need ideas designing detachable 203 launchers. - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need ideas designing detachable 203 launchers. No CHEAP ideas plz.

#1 User is offline   STONER 

• The Punisher
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE REAL PUNISHER

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

By no cheap Ideas I mean NO ZIP TIES AND DISPOSABLE JUNK.

I have an EGL-47 mounted on an A5 by way of M16/203 shroud, 14 inch J&J barrel, and machine bolts and nuts and a couple of 1/8 inch thick aluminum strips drilled out and all made to sit somehow straight yet very ugly and a pain to disassemble for cleaning and such.

I have also an intertwined Air system. It goes, From the outside air line to a T, upwards of the T goes into the gun and down below it the reg for the launcher followed by the line to the launcher.

My main Idea is to find Weaver Style rails to make the launcher detachable, by welding the rails onto the launcher, and then using weaver clamps to somehow secure to the barrel shroud- that I can probably figure out on my own. My question here is where am I to find weaver (Picatinny) clamps (As in, the device used to attach a light or laser or scope or any accessory to a rail)

And, with the air lines, do they make ASA compatible Quick-disconnects, and flexible lines? Where could I get those?

The ultimate purpose is to make the gun so the bulk launcher can be seperated and either the gun or launcher can be used by itself instead of having to be all in one. It makes things easier when you are out of ammo for one or the other.
You know what they say about a man who packs a big gun? They don't say nothing!
SIC VIS PACEM PARABELLUM
Let em talk, cuz action is all that matters.
I'm the guy with the EGL-47! View My Special Ops Brigade Page
IPB Image

#2 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

View PostSTONER, on Jan 5 2009, 01:21 AM, said:

And, with the air lines, do they make ASA compatible Quick-disconnects, and flexible lines? Where could I get those?

I think start with these and check out the rest of Palmers for other fittings you require:

On/off valve

Quick disconnect

Stainless air line or hose

#3 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

I think Tommikka has the air system covered, it seems macro line and a small on/off valve might be the easiest and least bulky. As for the actual mounting of the launcher, the rail system sounds cool if you can find the clamps. I'd check opsgear or your local gun shop. Another idea would be to take a look at a Zeus or Overlord pistol and check out how the magazines lock and unlock. A larger version of that could work, it's as low profile as the rails, though I don't know how difficult it would be to make...

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

Maybe you could have some luck using quick disconnects to hold the whole thing in place. Btw, the egl is amazing.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users