Special Ops Paintball: SABRE- master of paintball, or nube defualt position? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SABRE- master of paintball, or nube defualt position? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mr. MorningWood 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Friendly

Post icon  Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

the position i play most often is medium rifleman or the under rated SABRE as its known.

but something that i have noticed is that when you ask a nube or someone who hasnt really found their specialty yet, what position they play, they almost always say that they are a medium rifleman.

and its not hard to see why, if u cant decide what position u play or should play, its easy to tell ppl that u are a sabre because u do a little bit of everything, its basic, ur in the middle, just following the other players lead and backin them up, not really doing a thing of your own.

the reason i created this thread, is to call attention to the fact that a medium rifle man is not just some sort of basic, default, non specialized, nubish paintball player, but a serious position that requires the specialty and patience of a sniper, bravery of a dagger, and firepower of a hammer.

or am i incorrect, is the sabre really just a position for nubes or paintball players who dont have any special skills? is the sabre someone how can do a little of everything or someone who cant really do anything?

ur thoughts plz

#2 User is offline   Pitbull330 

• "The Worlds Greatest Game"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pitbull330

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

Sabre is a spot for skilled players not for just newbs. but i some times i think your right. it might be the first position they can think of. but there is more to it than everone thinks. Sabre is a great stater position for newbs cause they can develope all there skills. Snap shoting, long ballin, run and gun, ext... but we cant get upset about it. let them be what they want and if there team captain tells them other wise they will be fine. I know, i have two newbs on my team right now, but they have a great time tryin their best. but untill i can find their strongest position they will continue to be a Sabre.

This post has been edited by Pitbull330: 20 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

#3 User is offline   Monoxide 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monoxide

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

I consider myself a 'Sabre" because I am a utility player. I'll go where my team needs me, and do some of the dirty work noone else wants to volunteer for. I adapt to any situation and rise to every occasion.

#4 User is offline   Wind 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wind

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

Sabre is a bit of a double edged sword in this sense. It is the easiest position to get into, but it's also hard to master because a Sabre needs to know how to do all other positions effectively. Also, playing Sabre is a good way to find your place on the field since you get to try a little of everything. So I wouldn't say Sabre is for the new or nubish player at all.
Sabre #32
If one makes a decision with a cool head, he won't find himself regretting that decision later on.

#5 User is offline   Mr. MorningWood 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Friendly

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

ya i def. agree with u guys who say sabre is not purely for nubes, but im still always wondering if sabre is a position for ppl who can do anything, or ppl who cant do anything, because by definition, sabre can really mean either :(

#6 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

I don't really see it as such. But I think some people might. Like each other position is more specialized and then a sabre is kind of broad position. Some might think of it as Jack of all trades, but master of none. I guess you could say it's easy to call yourself a sabre, but more difficult to be an effective one.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   shadowssniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:shadowssniper

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:50 PM

Noobs basically are sabres, they just tag along and do what they're told, hopefully. The difference is how good of a sabre u are.
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=154235
check it out, sweet red/grey/black tigerstripe

#8 User is offline   black hawk down 

• Group: Banned #17
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN SNIPER YAY

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:18 AM

simply it's a position for bolth.

Group: Banned #17

#9 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

I think for the most part, the Sabre is a little of both worlds. You have people that have no idea what they're doing so they do a little bit of everything. Then you have people that know exactly what they're doing, and still do a little bit of everything. I think in order to be a great Sabre, however, that you have to be experienced in all aspects of the position. You must have mastered all the roles that are required of you. Anyone who wants to be a Sabre on the team automatically gets one response, "Wax on, Wax off"...I start training them in other positions. They get at least 3 months training/experience as a broadsword, and then as a dagger, and lastly, as an Ambush Sniper/Ghost Flanker. They are trained on all the basics first and are expected to advance to a mastery of the position before they can move on to the next one. The number one response I get is, "What does this have to do with being a Sabre?". Most of the time people quit before completion...but that's ok, it shows me who is really dedicated to mastering the position, and the others, that don't really care.

So in short, yes, it is a position that can be played by anyone, but only mastered by an experienced, well rounded player.

#10 User is offline   Wind 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wind

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

If someone is good at the other positions then it is usually pretty easy to tell. For example, a good Dagger is not getting shot out right away all the time or a good Broadsword is laying down the cover fire in the right places at the right times. With a Sabre it would appear a player can not be very good at the position, which can go fairly unnoticed. The player may be thought of as an average when they are below average because a Sabre is thought of as having to do so many things they never are able to become proficient at them all. Those who are good at the Sabre spot are the ones who can carry the extra load when other players are eliminated. Sabre is the easiest to fall into and the hardest to truly master.
Sabre #32
If one makes a decision with a cool head, he won't find himself regretting that decision later on.

#11 User is offline   Anti-Hero13 

• Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:kimmle

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

i dont think its that big of a deal. most noobs are sabres or sarbre like because they have no idea what they want to do yet. which is pretty understandable. personaly im a sabre because i still dont know what i want to do. i dont like the idea of sticking to one think every time you play i like to switch it up and get a feel for everything and get a little variety.
you can do anything from being a commander to a sniper or dagger just depending on the circumstances.
so i think its a little of both
aut viam inveniam aut faciam- I'll either find a way or make one

#12 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:24 AM

Based on what goes on around these forums, I'd say the default n00b position is "sniper".
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Uhlan 

• Cavalryman
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Uhlan

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:41 AM

I leave my sabre at home when I paintball or it gets between my legs and trips me up.
Posted Image

Seriously though... The most common position would logically be the "rifleman" just as it is in the real infantry.

Fresh fish or veteran player - there's no shame in being a grunt.

Eos stupra si jocum nesciunt accipere
M16A1 Project

#14 User is offline   skowvy 

• You can call me, Papa Smurf.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:skowvy

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

it'sfor nubes, experienced and indecisive players :D
If we cant do it it doesn't need to be done!
Official Sabre #77

Expendable Assets Team Leader.

Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

#15 User is offline   tnert 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tnert

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

i consider it a position for both.

if we cant do it. it doesent need to be done
official sabre #132
Team Evasive Action
my amazing sponser pbsports.com

Share this topic: