• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

J&J Ceramic reviews and comments Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ghost Jedai 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:34 PM

Alright, I have a 14" J&J Ceramic and i love it. I was trying to make a silencer, but the first time i used my ceramic barrel, the gun was alot more silent than with the silencer on! Haven't had much playing time with it, although for $30, you can't really go wrong.

I just want to get some feedback on this here. Maybe i'm a fluke, but i'm just testin' the waters right now.

#2 User is offline   VonOrt 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:23 PM

J&J makes some of the best barrels out.. And for the price you can't beat them. The Lapcos are a very close second. The J&J edge kit is an excellent multi bore kit also.. Second only too the Hammer Head barrel system.

#3 User is offline   invader zim 

• Grrrr I need you!
  • Pip

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:42 PM

:) J&J makes a good quilty barrel; i bought their edge kit in ceramic 4 backs and a 10" & 14" front matte black for my minimag and any chops that i get (rarely) i just end up shooting out in a few shots.
I am Zimmmm!user posted image[/IMG]

user posted image

#4 User is offline   wyldewrestler 

• Le Tigre
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Le Tigre

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:59 PM

Where did you find that barrel for $30. I want one for my ion.

#5 User is offline   Hyperion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hyperion

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:10 AM

I think I paid closer to $35 for mine. I am happy with it. It improved the sound of my gun but with the paint I had I wasnt impressed. The paint I had was very old blue streak or whatever they are... The BE blue things that are more like marbles than paintballs... They were swolen and deformed... sorta sticky and so big they stuck in the barrel but they didnt break.... it was funny they were so bad I couldnt force them through without busting them yet they left no paint in my barrel. That impressed me and considering how tight of a fit it was no breaks is just pretty much impossible. I will give a better review on the barrel after I get diablo paint to put through it...

Accuracy 9/10 considering the paint was terrible and CO2 was low they still hit in a good cluster
Sound 10/10 over my stock barrel it was like my gun went from a firecracker to a blowgun
Look 10/10 it matched my guns color perfectly... I couldnt ask for a better color

I am sure the barrel kits are by far better but when it comes to a $35 barrel you cant beat it.

#6 User is offline   luckykeefer 

• i see dead people
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:32 AM

I've done alot of shooting with j and j ceramic's in 14,16, and 20 inches..... all are very accurate and quiet. The ceramic/teflon coating in the bore is awesome. I've fallen while running and gotten mud in my barrel and cleared it by dry firing. I honestly don't understand why you would spend more money for a comperable barrel. Accuracy wise, all three are about the same..... the 20 is on a 98c heavy machine gun set-up.... we'll just say that it's used for serious cover fire. (the operator likes the 20inch on a bipod, makes it easy to set up in different places) I used the 16 inch for quite a while before switching to a Flatline for more reach. Sometimes i throw the j and j on an old model 98 just for the heck of it..... it's a fun barrel to play with.

"Forget about the end result. It means nothing. The end result is that we die. What matters is the process. The process is everything." -Yvon Chouinard
View My Special Ops Brigade Page

#7 User is offline   Halki 

• The beer swiller.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Halki

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:04 AM

I have a 14 for my 98c and it is awesome. Quieter, and shoots through breaks etc. Ive got an edge kit on the way for my cocker (5 back 3 front) and Ill probably end up getting an adapter so I can use the kit on the Tippy as well.

#8 User is offline   REZ 

• Team P.U.B.A.R.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rezervoirdog@hotmail.com

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

Can't say this enough.

For the price, you can't beat it.
user posted image

#9 User is offline   Godwealth 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Godwealth

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:15 AM

Ye I love my 16" J&J but i use my flatline mostly The J&J is an accurate barrel for the price and all my friends are wowed about how quiet my gun is with the J&J on it. Its funny to watch them ask my and get intimidated by my gun.

#10 User is offline   masterdagger12 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:dagger12

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:17 AM

wyldewrestler, on Mar 17 2005, 08:59 PM, said:

Where did you find that barrel for $30. I want one for my ion.

Its 29.00 on actionvillage.com

#11 User is offline   Jon Bloodspray 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Jon Bloodspray

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:55 AM

What bore size is the J&J?

#12 User is offline   youwish959 

• Baghdad Bob
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Youwish959

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:28 PM

Dude, that barrel is awesome!! I was using a friend's ViewLoader Orion cause my Tippy was broke. This thing would get jams in the feed neck not cock and bust every other ball and once barrel was dirty not shoot and countless other things. So he was playing pump for fun. So i borrowed his J&J ceramic while he wasn't using it and it made that crappy gun work!!!! (It wouldn't uncock, break every other ball, not shoot when dirty and when I did break I just flipped and dry fired it. Best of all it shot straight and every one was pinned. :D Sadly, though they kicked me off my team because of that day and my horrible playing. :( But i do believe if i had that barrel all day I would have been promoted.

#13 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:40 PM

I would take this over a lapco any day of the weak. But the two I had were loud and didnt shoot that good I wasnt impressed and definitely wont by another. Maybe the two I got were bad. But then again it has been probably about 3 or 4 years ago maybe they improved. But after those two I am not willing to give it another try just to be dissapointed.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#14 User is offline   laxhawk 

• AT Commander Midnight Raiders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:LaxHawk

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:47 PM

hm...hows that jingle go?

ba da ba ba ba...Im lovin it :(

J&Js are the best on the market at that price range and can even compete with more expensive barrels

i.e. the ROCK

#15 User is offline   BigD 

• Prevenge beats revenge.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BigD

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:06 PM

Buy it. I'm very happy with mine.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic