My pet peeves. for newbies and not so newbies Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#226 User is offline   Ken Dawg 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KEN DAWG

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

View PostIrishMack, on Apr 27 2010, 06:07 PM, said:

way to target us country folks...we aren't all like that.

I do apologize I was not making a generalization, I grew up out in the country. The reason I made the comment was: this was what was overheard from this group of people.

Check out my team on Facebook Crossfire Scenario Paintball TeamJust click here

#227 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

View PostThumper113, on 14 December 2009 - 01:43 AM, said:

<!--quoteo(post=2450300:date=Dec 2 2009, 12:27 PM:name=Phenom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phenom @ Dec 2 2009, 12:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1522955:date=Jun 24 2007, 08:14 PM:name=gibson0822)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gibson0822 @ Jun 24 2007, 08:14 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you go to play with a friend and use their equipment, be considerate and clean the gear afterwards. I've had it happen to me and it gets real annoying when your friend uses your gear and when you all go home, you're the one stuck cleaning it all. If you don't know how to disassemble the marker that's fine but at least wipe down the entire marker and make sure any other gear of theirs is clean of paint before returning the equipment.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree it's a pain when some one uses your markers and doesn't clean it up!!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

cleaning my markers cool me down.. il clean my markers 3-4 times a month and not even discharge them once in that month..

Feel free to come clean my markers!
I hate it when I let my friend's borrow my old 98, and then they never clean it. I realize that if you never have cleaned a marker before, a 98 custom can be slightly confusing, but it's still annoying that I have to clean it. :P

#228 User is offline   nishnawbe-aski 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Nish

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

ok i've haven't played serious games yet, afternoon battles in forest with friends has kept me happy so far but here are my 2 cents

first off the lack of paintball in my city one building and no supply shops

second and this includes a few ppl on here who look down on others cheaper markers, i like my 20$ VL Orion, would rather save my money for my soon to be born daughter

and last for now is i understand as i myself am a very competitive guy that destroying someone on the field feels good but dont get ahead of yourself, no talkin alot of trash and dont start acting untouchable, we all get hit at sometime if most of us catch you adding extra emphasise that you dont deserve to your play you'll get hit hard next round

#229 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

Here goes the rant from experience.I'm going to step on toes.BE WARNED if your walkin in glass shoes ,and are too imature to take it don't read this post.What the H is the rift with certain speedballers with woodsballers? I have seen it time and again.Example this weekend two "speedball" guys show up at our recball woodsball field.First thing bragging about there Angels,Dm9 or 10 ,or whatever they were.Second they want four cases of paint [which is fine].Then they brag about playing every where from here to Tuscon.All the while bragging about their[expertise]. The first game out one our regular woodsball guys ate these guys alive with his 98 custom with response trigger,cyclone feeder.Oh, you should have heard these guys blaming the refs, the players ,the field.They proceeded to get there butts,handed to them until about 1:00.Everytime the one fellow got hit he would blame someone or something.They finally left with their tail between their legs.We were the "bad guys though.Everyone present were glad they left.They had away of ruining moral there.When will they grow up? I do have to admit though that after chest surgery 8 weeks ago,and playing the first time ,It was quite gratifying to be the one to bunker the loud mouth guy the first game I played.The second game, I just rounded a big tire bunker set sights to lite up again ,and my team members beat me to it, hit, and running out of bounds he was.Obviously,they seriously underestimated this woodsball group.Paintball is fun regardless of what style we play Why do players like these have to brag like they are better than anyone else?It seems to be quite common in speedball groups?

#230 User is offline   nishnawbe-aski 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

always feels good to stop a bragger and most are exactly like them, they lose its never there fault "its because the wind", then howed i still hit ya?

#231 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

View Postnishnawbe-aski, on 01 August 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

always feels good to stop a bragger and most are exactly like them, they lose its never there fault "its because the wind", then howed i still hit ya?

The only "wind" is whats coming out their lips.Anyone have any suggestions how to deal tactfully with these idiots?

#232 User is offline   nishnawbe-aski 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:51 AM

braggers are usually the guy sitting still and hiding popping random shots, take out his/her teammates and a couple of yours catch them in hiding and letter rip. don't pay too much attention to them thou, i've only met a couple braggers who are actually good, watch the one in the pack keeping quite thats all smiles thier your competition

#233 User is offline   laxkid101 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:laxkid101

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

I'm happy that I have yet to meet someone playing paintball who wasn't generally friendly (those small few who weren't just didn't really associate alot with me) so I guess I'm pretty lucky. But my advice to all players is to never underestimate (or overestimate) players ability. Especially don't judge people on their equipment. You never know if that guy sitting at the table across the way loading up his hopper with a rental isn't going to go out there and whip you. But you also never know if that guy with the 10,000 dollar gun is just learning how to play and borrowing it from his dad or something. Also, don't be scared of a gun. Just because it looks like an M4 doesn't mean its better than anything else and will kill you if you're shot by it. (not bashing you milsim guys, but alot of newer people are intimidated by you guys)
Ions: Great guns, until they break...

I'm 13 and I pay for my own equipment!

Part time paintballer, part time laxer.

#234 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

View Postlaxkid101, on 07 August 2010 - 09:44 PM, said:

But my advice to all players is to never underestimate (or overestimate) players ability.

That's so true. When I overestimate a opponents abilities, I fail to act, which of course leads to elimination.

#235 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hey, look at that old, fat, balding guy! HEY,Wait a minute that's me!

#236 User is offline   Spike2112 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

When three out of 20 ppl buy paint and everyone else uses it and then one of the ppl who didn't bring any invites others to play. No offense to any military personel out there, I have many friends in the military and am deciding which branch to join myself, but when a military person decides that cuz he is military that he knows better then anyone how to stratagize and is better then anyone else.

#237 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

View Postchasbronson, on 04 August 2010 - 08:43 PM, said:

The only "wind" is whats coming out their lips.Anyone have any suggestions how to deal tactfully with these idiots?

Kill them with kindness.

When they eliminate you from a game...shake their hand afterward and smile.
When you shoot them out...shake their hand afterward and smile.

Listen to their rants and offer kindly advice that does not neccisarily pin blame on them or their lack of skill.
Help them learn how to effectively use their speedball skills in the woods to become better players while explaining the recball really will help them with airball situational awareness.

If you really are a nice person to them, they will want to...even if subconsiously...treat you with more respect. And once you gain thier repect they will be more inclined to listen to you when you point out a flaw on and off the field.

At times it takes major self control not to simply bitch back to these type of players...but if you resist the urge they will eventually stop spewing the poison.

#238 User is offline   pntball sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

Don't know if this has been mentioned but only shoot those that are players in a match setting. So tired of some people that are intent on shooting people that are not playing or don't want to be shot at that time.

#239 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 18 August 2010 - 01:53 PM, said:

View Postchasbronson, on 04 August 2010 - 08:43 PM, said:

Kill them with kindness.

When they eliminate you from a game...shake their hand afterward and smile.
When you shoot them out...shake their hand afterward and smile.

Listen to their rants and offer kindly advice that does not neccisarily pin blame on them or their lack of skill.
Help them learn how to effectively use their speedball skills in the woods to become better players while explaining the recball really will help them with airball situational awareness.

If you really are a nice person to them, they will want to...even if subconsiously...treat you with more respect. And once you gain thier repect they will be more inclined to listen to you when you point out a flaw on and off the field.

At times it takes major self control not to simply bitch back to these type of players...but if you resist the urge they will eventually stop spewing the poison.

I think I will go throw up now...No, just jerken your chain,You're right a soft answer does turn away wrath.These people are so annoying to everyone though.New sign to make .If you are caught acting like an idiot you will be Kindly, told to leave.I guess with that sign eventually the whole place will be empty ,even us.

#240 User is offline   ninjasofpaintball 

• Phoenix Burn. Represent!
  • PipPip

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

View PostUSDADMIN, on 12 August 2007 - 07:55 PM, said:

Just because you have the money to buy a 2-way radio doesnt give you the right to tune into the other team's frequency to listen to what they have to say. Just because you probably wont get cought doing it doesnt mean its a fair tactic.

Try Talking with some sort of code so it doesn't make too much sense but makes enough sense. Don't be too descriptive. Make so that only your team will understand exactly what your saying. Speak chinese or something (jk). One time we knew some guy was tuned into our radio cuz he was tracking our every move so we decided to play "opposite day" like id say advance to the left barrel and he would go to the right one behind him

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT PEOPLE CAN STILL TUNE IN TO YOUR FREQUENCY
Check us out on youtube! Click Here!

Share this topic:

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users