• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

tips for making my a-5 green help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SK8NPAINT94 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

hello. I was wondering if you guys can give me any tips to make my a-5 green. i am planning on just making the body pink not the grip not the tippmann a-5 sign nor the grip of sights. to do this what spray paint is the best and what do i have to do. like do i have to use sandpaper to take the blackpaint of and i havnt rly sprayed and object before when i have the spraypaint drips how do i ovoid this?

sry i spell bad

#2 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

First, edit your spelling. Its fine if you cant spell well, but you can still go back, edit your post, and make the necessary changes.

Second, do you want to paint your a5 pink or green? You mention two diffrent colors.

Lastly, how much money are you willing to spend on this?
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   SK8NPAINT94 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

wow i said pink sorry. well idk limit like 150

#4 User is offline   SK8NPAINT94 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

so what should i do if i want to make it green?

#5 User is offline   sithlordharley 

• Sithlordharley
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:sithlordharley

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:17 PM

well theres a step by step on how to do it with spray paint and clear coat.. take apart the gun, lightly sand then spray green 2 coats wait between coats for them to dry then do 4 - 5 clear coats and wait for them to dry between coats...

#6 User is offline   SK8NPAINT94 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

thanks alot

#7 User is offline   Lothaen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

I would suggest putting a surface primer onto the gun. Also, after sanding make sure you wash the parts in soap and water. To get rid of the water splash the parts with alcohol to displace the water.

Wait a long time between coats. Don't rush and go slow. Want a good looking part? Work on it for a week at the very least. After all the coats and all the wait, wait another week for the paint to resist chipping.

TAKE IT ALL SLOW.

#8 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

rub it on grass... :P

#9 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

View PostSK8NPAINT94, on Aug 26 2008, 05:48 PM, said:

hello. I was wondering if you guys can give me any tips to make my a-5 green. i am planning on just making the body pink not the grip not the tippmann a-5 sign nor the grip of sights. to do this what spray paint is the best and what do i have to do. like do i have to use sandpaper to take the blackpaint of and i havnt rly sprayed and object before when i have the spraypaint drips how do i ovoid this?

sry i spell bad

I wouldn't Make It solid green, I would do some Green Barret Tiger Stripes, its less noticeable on the field and it looks good, however you do it is up to u, but it looks really good on your gun, use paint for making small paint patches on vehicles, that paint lasts longer. -MNSC :ghillie:
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#10 User is offline   02subaru 

• Master Mahan
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:master mahan

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:51 AM

I re did my A-5 with a camo green as well. Like the other post said, go slow. I took apart my A-5, removed all the pieces I didn't want green, (stock, barrel shroud, trigger frame etc...) sanded it down with 100 grit sand paper, making sure to remove all oxidized paint and all paint in general till the whole thing was silver in color. I bought KRYLON camoflauge (sp?) paint at wal-mart, ran me 5 bucks a can. One can was plenty. I made sure my frame that I was painting was completely clean, washed it with soap and water. Let it dry for a long time. I covered the bottom, or where the internals go with blue painters tape so that there was no metal showing. I then sprayed THIN coats of paint onto each half and let them dry for 15 min. 4-5 coats went onto the halves. Spray the paint from atleast 10 inches away to get even strokes. I let the halves dry for 3 days before I sprayed 2 coats of clear coat onto the halves. My gun looks soooo bangin now! Hope this helps!
Always looking for cheap Tippmanns and Tippmann upgrades. What do you have? PM me! Don't be shy!

I also do custom paint jobs-digi camo, tiger stripe, snow/urban camo and desert camo.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users