Introducing the TackHammer Hammer-Lite lol Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

This is the new rig in action at the On Target Paintball "Mercenaries Unleashed" BYOP Scenario. Dual SP1's with firestorm cranks, custom milled aluminum brackets and crank connecting rod by yours truly. Hoppers are Kingman Fastas, will be upgrading to 400 round Pinnokios as soon as the holidays are over and the budget permits.

Right now besides the camo paint scheme everything is stock, planned upgrades include Lapco Apex-Ready barrels, Pinnokio 400 round hoppers, Deadlywind Hollowpoint bolts, and Blackheart boards. Right now I'm running 2 88ci 4500 psi tanks linked into one remote, will probably be going to dual remotes hooked straight to the regs because I was getting some shootdown when really ripping on em. All in all though, a very successful first day with it, 6+ cases shot and not a single chop, although a barrel break here and there. I'll try and get you guys some pics of the bracketry and closer shots of the rig itself, but it may be a while since a digi-cam is my intended Xmas present to myself this year.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#2 User is offline   DOC92 

• Quadzilla not gojira
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DOC

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

Looks cool. I like it. Excellent job.
32bps+8hours+12cases=MMG http://doubletrouble.21.forumer.com/ My tech guy: DoubleTrouble2

#3 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

That's a hell of a lot nicer than the standard A5 setup. Nice job.

<Insert Sig Here>

#4 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

I really like that. It looks more practical(like 2 guns at the same time is practical :dodgy: ) than a cumbersome A5 set up

#5 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

Wow. I don't understand my entire team is trying to cut back on paint usage. Looks awesome, may be asking for help on one like it for a tank.
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#6 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:27 AM

Thanks guys. As someone who used to own an A5 Double Trouble--- this is better in just about every way EXCEPT that its a battery hog and its too darn quiet. Hopefully the Lapco/Apex combo will give it a little more bark to put some more heads down, and I'm looking into sponsorship by Duracell lol. J/K, although I will more likely than not be investing in about a dozen high quality rechargeable 9v's so I'll always have a second set to switch in. The 4 brand new hopper batteries made it for the first 5+ cases (not bad considering that a normal person would go through 5 cases in 3-5 scenarios, not just one)but I had to change them out for the last reload.

As far as chops, air efficiency, and ease of maintenance go--- SP1's win the day. In cold weather, the A5 DT was such a blender it was useless, and I quickly parted it out and sold the original equalizer kit. The SP1 setup is also A LOT lighter than the A5 setup.

The two things it needs most are the Apexes and the Pinnokios (which will necessitate a few more pods added to drop leg rigs also). Blackhearts and Hollowpoints are probably farther off, although I'd like to get them just as much for increased air efficiency as for higher ROF. I may keep ROF right where it is though, for maximum suppression time. The Apexes are a must, there were too many times I was trying to help my team break out of the woods by laying down fire on people OUT of the woods, across a road, and just couldnt get the balls there because of the trees and branches and wind. Being able to have a lower trajectory would be a big advantage.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#7 User is offline   Waldo 

• DPT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BES-Waldo

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

Saw this at OTP the thing is nice

#8 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

What's up Waldo?! :unsure:

#9 User is offline   chris1 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:17 AM

Looking good! What kind of tank regs are you using? I runn 2 114 4500 on a single remote with no shoot down. As for a board check out Damon from Scenario Dreams. The universal T board is amazing. I use all his boards in my custom setups and wouldn't think of using anyothers. Nice work!

chris1, on Dec 12 2008, 09:15 AM, said:

Looking good! What kind of tank regs are you using? I runn 2 114 4500 on a single remote with no shoot down. As for a board check out Damon from Scenario Dreams. The universal T board is amazing. I use all his boards in my custom setups and wouldn't think of using anyothers. Nice work!

[quote name='chris1' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:15 AM' post='2261575']

Geez sorry about that last post ;)

#10 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

Tank regs are whatever come standard on the Pure Energy 88ci tanks.... never really had a problem with them on single gun setups, but again, not 100% sure on what the issue was at the game--- 2 remotes is easy to try since I already had 2 that I took apart to make the twin tank adapter... Just have to reconfigure them again.

#11 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

excessive yet impressive...

:huh:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic