• You cannot reply to this topic

Just got an sp1 now what do i do

#1 User is offline   TacticalCommander 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TacticalCommander

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

Ok i just go tback from the local paintball store with a sp1 and a double trigger because they are awesome. now what upgrades should i get

#2 User is offline   focus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Focus

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

No upgrades are needed, except for maybe the battery will need replacement. If your marker doesn't have selective fire (single,3shot,full auto), you could consider sending it to SP for the free upgrade for this feature.

Other than this, just point, aim, shoot and enjoy.

Work hard, play hard.. In that order.

#3 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:55 PM

stock adaptor
98 stock
new barrel
fast hopper
sight( if you play sniper )

any question, let me know. i just got one as well. that great.

PS. use high quality batterys in the gun
Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#4 User is offline   ChurchTRPT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE CHURCH

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:57 PM

You running HPA or CO2?

New barrel, maybe. Decent motorized hopper. Whatever setup fits you better, remote or air-on-gun. If using CO2, remote is the best way to go anyway, but like Focus said, pretty much just battery-up, point and shoot!
"You are my hammer and weapon of war." - Jeremiah 51:20
As I crawl through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, for God is behind me with a DOUBLE TROUBLE!

ROUGHNECK PUMPER

#5 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

Get a midrange hopper, one that is capable of 12+ bps but dont go crazy, I think the sp-1 has a limit on the bps.
I wouldent think you would need a hopper over 50.00 msrp.

after that, upgrade your barrel.

This post has been edited by Hellspawn: 31 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

#6 User is offline   MadChild 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MADCHILD

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

Welcome to the club :P

Hopper: The gun is capped at 11bps with stock board so nothing fast is needed unless you plan to upgrade the board later, I have a VL Revvy and it works fine.

Barrel: Lots of options here but the Deadly Wind Carbon Fiber from what I hear is an awesome one then buy some freak inserts for it. If you don't have the cash J&J makes great barrels as well.

The Select fire upgrade is nice but not really necassary in my opinion since most fields wont allow full auto or burst but it is free except for the shipping. One nice thing they also do with the upgrade, if your running Co2 they install wedge between the grip and the ASA that angels the tank down slightly this helps liquid Co2 from entering the gun. If your already running anti-syphon on your tank though the angel hurts it.

Trigger: Trinity makes a new trigger that looks nice but I don't know much else about it.

Stocks: You can get the adapter to allow 98 stocks and then you have endless options there.

Sights: A Red dot sights, scopes, etc.

Flashlight: Buy a cheap small flashlight and set it up under the barrel. If you don't know how to do this check out this video [post="http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1422585062/bctid1423435870"]Flashlight Installation[/post]

Bolts: Tech-T and Deadlywind both make bolts [post="http://www.techtpaintball.com/L7.html"]Tech-T L7 bolt[/post] [post="http://store.deadlywind.com/product/a4ba99fb-b090-4a54-8249-d7677febce5d.aspx"]DW HollowPoint Bolt[/post] Make sure and get the SP-1 version on both of them not the original Ion type. SP also makes the Firebolt for it as well.

Thats all I can think of right now, there is alot more in the works like boards and such allowing for higher ROF. I would save for a HPA tank fist if you don't have one already it will make a big difference.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum size exceeded

#7 User is offline   winchesterpaintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

I have an SP1 which im looking to add too. I really want a reflex sight, but wth the central mounting hopper i cant get a clean line of sight! Anybody have any ideas about how i can fit this type of sight and still have a functioning hopper. I dont use an electric hopper as a regular gravity hopper provides me with a fast enough feed anyway. Is there an elbow which fits? I have looked although being relitively new to the sport am not sure where to find one or the sizing.

#8 User is offline   MadChild 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:26 PM

I heard the offset rail for the BT-4 will work on it but i'm not 100% sure. If you use a red dot sight you can still use it behind the feed neck. It will just project the dot to your other eye and still work fine.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum size exceeded

#9 User is offline   ChurchTRPT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

Someone on the Smart Corps forum did that with the BT-4 offset rail. It will work.
As I crawl through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, for God is behind me with a DOUBLE TROUBLE!

ROUGHNECK PUMPER

#10 User is offline   focus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Focus

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

That was me with using the BT-4 offset 45degree rail on the SP-1. It fits perfectly:
Posted Image

Work hard, play hard.. In that order.

#11 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

hey Tac Comm. what upps have you gotten yet
Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#12 User is offline   dermilchmanns 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:25 PM

What is the opinion on the double trigger? how about the L7 bolt or the Firebolt?

#13 User is offline   MadChild 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

I've been hesitant to get any bolt because mainly i'm so impressed with the stock one, and I don't know a aftermarket one is going to effect the low force anti-chop. So I'm just waiting to see some reviews to make a final decision.

This post has been edited by MadChild: 09 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

maximum size exceeded

#14 User is offline   dermilchmanns 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:52 AM

View PostMadChild, on Apr 9 2008, 10:16 PM, said:

I've been hesitant to get any bolt because mainly i'm so impressed with the stock one, and I don't know a aftermarket one is going to effect the low force anti-chop. So I'm just waiting to see some reviews to make a final decision.

True I have been too. I did read in the SP forum that someone put in the L7 bolt and that there isn't and kick at all and it quieted the marker down even more. Also in the videos they show the low force bolt and the SP1 has the firebolt in it.

#15 User is offline   ChurchTRPT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

View Postwinchesterpaintball, on Apr 1 2008, 01:44 PM, said:

I have an SP1 which im looking to add too. I really want a reflex sight, but wth the central mounting hopper i cant get a clean line of sight! Anybody have any ideas about how i can fit this type of sight and still have a functioning hopper. I dont use an electric hopper as a regular gravity hopper provides me with a fast enough feed anyway. Is there an elbow which fits? I have looked although being relitively new to the sport am not sure where to find one or the sizing.

I just thought of this. Go ahead and get the sight you want and mount it behind the feedneck. Then look down it, keeping BOTH EYES OPEN and you can "see through" the feedneck. Try that before you go getting an offset rail.

Also, I'm only getting a stock if it folds and looks good. Otherwise, I'll just keep the stock body on remote.

ROUGHNECK PUMPER

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users