• You cannot reply to this topic

Possible? How could this be done? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   woodzballer96 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:woodzballer96

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

Ok guys. I've been thinking and I think that it would be sweet looking and convenient if I could somehow mount a Q loader under the main grip of a marker where the air usually screws in. Could this be done? If so, how? :(

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

It can indeed be done.

this is the Qloader manual, look at page 18. linky

you would need the custom mounting socket, which I believe comes with a standard Q loader kit. At least it did with mine a little over a year ago, I dont know if things changed...

#3 User is offline   woodzballer96 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

Thanks man. Is it a pain to install or is it pretty easy? Also , what would I do with my air hose that usually was mounted under the main grip? :ninja:

#4 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:06 AM

what marker are you using?

It shouldnt be too hard to install--take out a couple screws, remove ASA, put mounting socket on.
If you do mount the Qloader there, you might have to use a remote line, because there wouldnt be an ASA. It might get a little awkward with the remote and the Qloader right next to eachother.

There are lots of ways to mount Q loaders, so if you dont like the idea of getting rid of your ASA, you could find another way to mount it.

#5 User is offline   woodzballer96 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

I currently have a tippy 98c, but the Q loader would be installed on a Smart parts Ion or SP-1. Havent decided yet. Thanks for your help. :ghillie:

#6 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

Is this what you want to do?

Posted Image
Its a QLoader standard fitting on a regulator/grip.

A closer view of the fitting (But not on the regulator this time)
Posted Image

For the standard setup above you do not need to remove the regulator or any air fittings.

Standard QLoaders come with this in three ring sizes. This allows the QLoader to be mounted at 90 degrees from a round object.
Posted Image

The CMS (Custom Mount Socket) kit is an extra which has optional fittings:
Note that the CMS receiver socket does not have the 'block' socket that the normal mount has. The long flat side of on of the fittings is attached to the CMS.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 09 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

#7 User is offline   woodzballer96 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:11 PM

No, Tommikka, I wanted to take off the Asa from under the main grip and mount it there. I am worried about what to do with all that hose from the Q loader that would run to the feed neck. think it would be a problem getting snagged and possibly torn from the Q pod? O and also does the hose that runs from the Q pod to the Feed neck tend to come lose and come off from the pod? :P

#8 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

View Postwoodzballer96, on Mar 9 2009, 10:11 PM, said:

No, Tommikka, I wanted to take off the Asa from under the main grip and mount it there. I am worried about what to do with all that hose from the Q loader that would run to the feed neck. think it would be a problem getting snagged and possibly torn from the Q pod? O and also does the hose that runs from the Q pod to the Feed neck tend to come lose and come off from the pod? :D

The feed hose can get pretty long on some configurations. (e.g. first picture above) You can cut it down but do need to keep a fair bit of length to ensure the curves are not too tight which can cause the balls to stick. I found when I moved the QLoader to the slightly forward position in the second picture I needed to allow more hose because of the angle it was coming in. I would always recommend a low rise feedneck, but sometimes you can find the QLoader too cose to the feed if it is only slightly below which can be counterproductive in hose length.

In normal use the hose should not come loose. There are o rings in the kit to secure the hose at each end. But if you are concerned you can wrap some tape around the hose. In the second picture I have wrapped CamoForm which is not a sticky tape. When this was on I often used the hose as a carry handle.

To mount instead of the vertical grip you should either use the CMS kit which alows you to use one of the flat brackets. You may be able to use existing body screws or may need to drill something. An alternate would be a mount block like the one in the QBow kit. If you have tools it can be pretty easy to make a similar one from a block of metal.

If you remove the regulator from something like an Ion you will need to have it somewhere else in the system, e.g. on the other side of a remote line. On other markers like the 98 you can just remove it and put a remote line directly into the marker.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users