Special Ops Paintball: Are there spec ops buildings for paintball. - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are there spec ops buildings for paintball. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   1fastr1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

Is there any paintball buildings for spec ops...Like playing indoors with like with rap4 .43 cal markers..Something that isn't spray and prey and takes tactics?

Pref in the pa stat?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

Welcome to the forums. No Special Ops doesnt have any real fields to their name (or buildings for that matter), they do however have a private property where they go play and test new equipment right in the backyard of the Special Ops Factory, its outside though. Im pretty sure they let outsiders play for a fee, like any other field. They might not have one however considering the SO brand changed ownership a couple of months ago.

This post has been edited by edtoro: 12 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

I don't think he actually meant Special Ops paintball, he may have though. I think he meant like close quarter milsim type indoor paintball, without electros.

#4 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

View Post1fastr1, on Jan 12 2010, 07:47 PM, said:

Is there any paintball buildings for spec ops...Like playing indoors with like with rap4 .43 cal markers..Something that isn't spray and prey and takes tactics?

Pref in the pa stat?

Thanks

While i dont know of any indoor facilities,i do know that battlefront paintball in ohio (its close to the border) has a very nice field.Its very large and includes buildings,towers,and natural cover.

I must explain though,every part of paintball takes tactics.I have never once played a game that was 100% spray and pray.I'm assuming you are speaking of speedball,or a similar style,but speedball actually takes allot of teamwork,communication,and tactics that most players don't see.Shooting faster just means that you have a higher chance of hitting your intended target,and it also helps in laning,a technique where you shoot where you think your opponent will go,thus getting them out if they run through.Paintballs bounce,1 shot kills dont always work.

Oh and on the subject of rap4 .43 cal markers:Most public fields do not allow .43 cal markers,becuase of insurance reasons.

Welcome to the forums.

This post has been edited by raptorbite: 12 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#5 User is offline   1fastr1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Jan 12 2010, 10:21 PM, said:

I don't think he actually meant Special Ops paintball, he may have though. I think he meant like close quarter milsim type indoor paintball, without electros.

Yes that's exactly what I mean. Like a indoor milsim.

View Postraptorbite, on Jan 12 2010, 10:41 PM, said:

Pref in the pa stat?

Thanks

While i dont know of any indoor facilities,i do know that battlefront paintball in ohio (its close to the border) has a very nice field.Its very large and includes buildings,towers,and natural cover.

I must explain though,every part of paintball takes tactics.I have never once played a game that was 100% spray and pray.I'm assuming you are speaking of speedball,or a similar style,but speedball actually takes allot of teamwork,communication,and tactics that most players don't see.Shooting faster just means that you have a higher chance of hitting your intended target,and it also helps in laning,a technique where you shoot where you think your opponent will go,thus getting them out if they run through.Paintballs bounce,1 shot kills dont always work.

Oh and on the subject of rap4 .43 cal markers:Most public fields do not allow .43 cal markers,becuase of insurance reasons.

Welcome to the forums.

I only really played woods ball once..Thank you guys for the welcome..Ya I know fields dont allow 43 cal but i used 43 cal as reference as rap4s markers have clips as to hoppers.

This post has been edited by 1fastr1: 12 January 2010 - 10:57 PM

#6 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:56 AM

Ops Gear used to have their own place. I think they mostly used it for Police and Security Contractor training, and I don't think it's in in PA.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#7 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

There's a fantastic field called CQB in Toronto that only allows milsim or semi-milsim guns (Pumps are exempt-it's basically no space guns), semi-auto firing modes and only allows 135 rounds per game and uses Milsigs as rentals. Awesome field, but kind of far.

#8 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

camp blanding in Starke FL
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#9 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

View Post1fastr1, on Jan 12 2010, 10:56 PM, said:

View Post5N1P3R, on Jan 12 2010, 10:21 PM, said:

Yes that's exactly what I mean. Like a indoor milsim.

View Postraptorbite, on Jan 12 2010, 10:41 PM, said:

Pref in the pa stat?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums.

I only really played woods ball once..Thank you guys for the welcome..Ya I know fields dont allow 43 cal but i used 43 cal as reference as rap4s markers have clips as to hoppers.

Check out Raps .68 mag fed line,or MILSIGs line.There is also AT4 but those can be hard to find and pricey,even though they are said to be top of the line.
All of those are .68 caliber,and will be allowed at anyfield,you will just have less paint per mag compared to .43

#10 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

View Post1fastr1, on Jan 12 2010, 11:56 PM, said:

Not to get overly technical, but they use magazines, not clips.

If you want a mag fed marker, avoid Rap4 and look at Milsig or ATS. Rap4 has a bad track record so far quality wise on just about anything but their soft goods.
Member of Team Akkadian

#11 User is offline   Jarhead2531 

• Teufel Hunden
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jarhead2531

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

View PostThalion, on Jan 15 2010, 12:29 PM, said:

Not to get overly technical, but they use magazines, not clips.

Thank you! That's one of my pet peeves. Magazines ≠ clips.
SPECTRE Paintball
Special Tactics and Reconnaissance
Columbiaville, MI
Proud to represent Tippmann Sports, Pinokio Hoppers, and Landing Zone Paintball

#12 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

Look for some abandoned buildings in your area, but be careful.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on Jan 15 2010, 02:09 PM, said:

Just make sure its legal to play there and is ok with the poperty owners.Also be sure to scout out for all or any dangerous parts of the building.They are usually old and falling apart.It's a better idea to just not play there,and find a legit field with buildings.

#14 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

View PostJarhead2531, on Jan 15 2010, 02:49 PM, said:

Thank you! That's one of my pet peeves. Magazines ≠ clips.

No problem, bugs me too (though a large part of it is that in my firearms collection, I can readily demonstrate the difference).

There actually was a clip-fed Tippmann too - the SMG 60

Posted Image

And the semi-automatic only, .68 paintball version, the SMG68

Posted Image

View Postraptorbite, on Jan 15 2010, 04:50 PM, said:

View PostShipwreck!, on Jan 15 2010, 02:09 PM, said:

Just make sure its legal to play there and is ok with the poperty owners.Also be sure to scout out for all or any dangerous parts of the building.They are usually old and falling apart.It's a better idea to just not play there,and find a legit field with buildings.

This. Many property owners will not want the liability and will say no, but it's far better to ask than deal with the police on a trespassing charge involving "guys with guns."

This post has been edited by Thalion: 15 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#15 User is offline   1fastr1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

Sorry for using the wrong word..I should have know better as I too have a few firearms myself.

There is absolutely nothing around here..lol

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users