Special Ops Paintball: SpecOps Forge Vest System - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SpecOps Forge Vest System Exactly what we wanted!

#1 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

SpecOps' Forge vest system offers players the ability to pick and choose their features. One of the major focuses on this system was player comfort. All Forge setups feature wide mesh shoulders to distribute their weight comfortably. In essence, each of these setups has the same load-bearing surface as the older Broadsword vest. No matter which features you choose, you've got a vest that's designed to handle a very heavy load comfortably. This overdesiging ensures you will remain comfortable no matter how you build or load it.

This differs greatly from other manufacturers' vests and the previous generation of SpecOps vests. The first generation of lighter weight SpecOps vests, the Dagger and Sabre vests, were strap-based. These straps tended to dig into your shoulders under a full load of paint, air, and water pouch, and generally were uncomfortable and problematic. The Broadsword vest was more comfortable all around, but was too bulky to suit the tastes of many players. There were a few specialized mesh vests, as well, but none of them truly took on the roles of a light to medium-weight general use vest.

Enter the Forge. The Forge lets you set up your vest however you want, adjusted perfectly for your needs, wants, and size. It is very comfortable and customizable, allowing you to mix and match your favorite features. The real gem is the price, however. You can set up a Forge vest exactly to your liking for $20 to $40 less than most of the previous models. All Forge vests have fully adjustable mesh shoulders, giving excellent comfort regardless of loading.

I used my Forge vest for the first time last weekend at a 24-hour scenario. I had previously used a Broadsword vest, but its added bulk and weight, even when not fully loaded, was a hindrance to me. Before that, I had used a Sabre vest and found uncomfortable to wear for long periods of itme. Throughout the scenario, I was absolutely comfortable with my Forge vest. I used the zipper front and light back, and had it loaded with 4 pods, a 68/45 tank, and a water pouch. I never felt overloaded. I had it adjusted perfectly to my body. I'm positive I could have used the heavy back and been fine as well. No matter what options you choose, the Forge can handle the load. Bottom line: if you're wanting to get a new vest, the Forge is the way to go.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 31 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#2 User is offline   JRpaintballer36 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JRpaintballer36

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hey thanx for the review! but I have a simple question...how are the pod holders and tank pouch held on to the vest? Are they sown on or are they attached another way? Thank you in advanced!

#3 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

They're sewn on. You can get different backs for the vest, though.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#4 User is offline   JRpaintballer36 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JRpaintballer36

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

Ok...thanx! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't really anyway for them to come off when i'm running and stuff.

#5 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• Team: Shadow Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M00K

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Feb 1 2009, 10:56 PM, said:

They're sewn on. You can get different backs for the vest, though.

i just picked one up last night. wish they would make a back with all molle attachments, that would be nice. i went with the heavy back but would have loved less pods. i only wanted to run 3 pods and a horizontal tank pouch with. ps, got the v style front and the molle radio pouch. i will let ya know. how that works out.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users