Special Ops Paintball: Chest protector for first time female player? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chest protector for first time female player? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

So I am going to be taking my girlfriend paintballing next month if all goes according to plan. She's been practically begging me to take her.

I'd like to get her a chest protector so that her experience isn't spoiled by that one bad shot. I also don't want to load her up with so many extra layers that she boils. She's not a wimp by any means, but I'm trying to error on the margin of safety. Her bra size is a 38C.

What would you guy's recommend? Any females want to offer some input?
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#2 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

Read this and have her read it too.
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#3 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

lucky sonofa.... :dry:

lol. but for real, if you don't wanna spend on a protector, a sweatshirt and sweatpants helps. they're one layer, and usually pretty cushy. there is an article floating around here (in the stickies) about taking a girl to play, written by a girl if i remember correctly.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#4 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

mike7822, on 27 July 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

Read this and have her read it too.

I did, couple of the links are dead...

Iron__Man, on 27 July 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

lucky sonofa.... :dry:

lol. but for real, if you don't wanna spend on a protector, a sweatshirt and sweatpants helps. they're one layer, and usually pretty cushy. there is an article floating around here (in the stickies) about taking a girl to play, written by a girl if i remember correctly.

I don't mind forking out the $ for a chest protector. I just don't know which one would be able to accommodate a female player.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by super_stalker: 27 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#5 User is offline   Spike2112 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

My gf who plays says to try a 4-wheeling chest protector as it should accomidate most girls chest.

#6 User is offline   G Fresh 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:G Fresh

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

super_stalker, on 27 July 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

Her bra size is a 38C.

Stealth brag.

But on a serious note, read that link that mike posted and you should learn everything you need to know!

#7 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

G Fresh, on 27 July 2011 - 11:30 AM, said:

super_stalker, on 27 July 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

Her bra size is a 38C.

Stealth brag.

But on a serious note, read that link that mike posted and you should learn everything you need to know!

I don't like to brag... but it did pertain to the topic at hand. It would have come up anyhow.

#8 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

IMO the best protection for a girl to use is a tactical vest. also, the forementioned artical is very helpful, use whatever information in it that applies
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#9 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

The article is well written by a female who plays, it's like legal insider trading. I've seen motorcross chest protectors, personally I let my GF wear my SO Broadsword vest. I've introduced 3 GF to paintball over the years (not-so-stealth brag, lol) and the one thing I can advise: A shot to the boobs hurts like hell for them. Also, mask sizes won't fit their face very well, the article covers that topic. Actually, seriously just read the article it covers everything that I learned the hard way. In case the links aren't working for you, it's stickied in the General Paintball Discussions section. Have fun bro, I know I did.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#10 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

Read the article. There is a reason it got stickied...
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#11 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

Bullet proof bra? :P Ok now seriously I have used some of those chest protectors by VL or empire and i think that spyder makes some that are very simple and fit pretty good to anybody, they are light and cheap. Hope this helps.

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#12 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:31 AM

My wife has been wearing a leftover Empire "Ground Pounder (same as the Grind '09)" padded shirt and a Recon 6 vest and they seem to work well together; she's a very similar size to your girlfriend.

BT makes the same thing in Olive Drab and call it their "Bulletproof Chest Protector", which would probably work better as the black and white combo tends to stick out a bit when in the woods.

Special Ops also makes their Forge vest system with a padded front.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users