• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ebay...please explain Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Idea_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

So how does ebay work? How do you pay for your auctions? How much does it cost? I read through it but I still don't get it...

#2 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:33 AM

People like you and me list items, and then other guys offer on them. Paypal is the prefeded method of payment. You basically enter your card info, and paypal does the rest. Some people also accept money orders or personal checks, but if you are going to get on ebay, I HIGHLY suggest you sign up for paypal.

Buying is free, but if you sell, you are charged about 10% of the final amount of cash you get.

Any time you RECEIVE money from another person through paypal, they take ~3.1% as a fee. When you list items on ebay, they nickel and dime you all the way though your listing. Then, if your item sells, they take a percentage of the final sale as a fee.

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 05 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Idea_*

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

Does ebay charge for auctions? Damn, your a fast poster. I'm putting you down next year as the fastest poster!

#4 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

lol

Yes, if you SELL on ebay, you are charged. Like, one picture of your item is free, but each picture after that is 15 cents. That's just one example.

BUYING if free (well, you still have to pay for the item, buy ebay does not charge a fee)

One handy tip. Always look at the shipping price and calculate that into your max bid. Some people charge 100 bucks for shipping, some charge 10, and some give free shipping.

Say you want to buy an A-5.

One listing says 100 dollars buy-it-now! Wow, what a deal! But you look at shipping, and it says 100 dollars. Booo Now the total is 200

The next says 160 dollars buy-it-now... That's kinda expensive, but shipping is 30 dollars. Still, that's 10 bucks cheaper than the first.

The last lot is 170 dollars buy-it-now with free shipping. Total, 170. Best deal out of the 3

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 05 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

#5 Guest_Idea_*

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

OK, sweet, so they just take it right out of the auction...thanks, your awesome!

#6 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

fees are pretty small, like maybe $2.00 for a average Auction
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Idea_*

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

Awesome! My items should sell better there!

#8 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

Try this out...

http://ebcalc.com/auction/single/

Make sure you give a very detailed discription, and detailed pictures.

Let the people see what they are bidding on

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 05 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Mech CB 

• Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

also, some people, like myself, are willing to spend a couple extra bucks on an item that has its own detailed description as compared to a bunch of like items with the exact same discription. for example, i was looking a t some performance chips for mycar-one guy had a lot of the same chip, all with the same exact discription but different titles so they'd come up in parts searches for different cars. then i found another guy with a chip that was 5 bucks more(same shipping) and he had detailed descriptions about how to hook them up to the individual car he had it advertised for. i forked out the 5 extra bucks for him being thoughtfull enough to do that. so say your selling a bunch of pods individually, let me know if the spring is getting weak or if it has a few scratches. i wont expect to pay less, but i will appreciate the thought and be more inclined to buy

edit: and please!!! let me know when you ship it out or when you plan to ship it if it will be a few days!!!!

This post has been edited by Mechanical CB: 05 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

#10 Guest_Idea_*

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

OK, thank you for the tips. I created my first auction, it's a Spyder TL-X it has a short description but I'm going to revise that.

#11 Guest_Idea_*

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:47 PM

OK, here is my second auction. Auction 2 I will post my first one after I revise it, how are they looking?

My revised 1st auction, here.

This post has been edited by Idea: 05 June 2008 - 04:52 PM

#12 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

also for pictures, don't get them online, actually take your own

I for one will never buy an item if the picture is taken off a site, IE pic off actionvillage
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

#13 User is offline   Mech CB 

• Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:05 PM

they're looking great!! the only thing i would do(for yourself) is next time, don't start the bid so low! next time look up the price of a new one. then start the bid at 1/4 the price(if you're willing to go that low) cause right now someone can get lucky and get them off you for next to nothing. then try that price through at least two auctions before dropping it out of despiration. trust me-you'll be getting way more people viewing this that can afford it(like me) but just want a good deal. nothing against this place, but it's not like selling something on the forums

#14 Guest_Idea_*

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:08 PM

OK, thanks. I have an SFT All American Barrel, what should I start the bidding at?

#15 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:15 PM

Whats the threads?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic