• You cannot reply to this topic

CCI Phantom Detent Rings Balls still roll out! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

I was practicing in my backyard with some winter paint that was left over from March, and I probably only got 6-8 shots off out of 25 or so...using the smallest detent ring in the kit.

Any way around this problem? It's FPO at my field I can only hope the summer paint is a bit bigger and I'd test but I have a bunch of year old stuff I'm worried would just break apart in my gun (brand new Phantom, haven't had it out to play yet)!

#2 User is offline   Mike68 

• "Have a sense of preservation!"
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

It happens sometimes, you've just gotta buy bigger paint. Alternatively, you could get Freak inserts, or there's a method involving hot glue, but I'd never recommend it.
"My greatest fear is that when I die, no one will remember me."

-Some dead guy

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

Mike68, on Jun 10 2010, 06:23 PM, said:

It happens sometimes, you've just gotta buy bigger paint. Alternatively, you could get Freak inserts, or there's a method involving hot glue, but I'd never recommend it.

Haha I'll have to look at which type of theirs is bigger I guess...they only sell two Mid level Draxxus paintballs so my choices are limited :) (they have their name on the balls)

I'm a liiiiitle poor for Freaks for now lol I just bought this bad boy :D anyways I'd have to send of the barrel to get it ready for them wouldn't I?

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Outside of getting a barrel bored for freak inserts (could be the one you have now or buy a new one for it) you can always try the old nailpolish method. Buy some nailpolish and put a small ring around the end of the barrel where the ball will rest. Or three dots around, either will work. If you still have roll outs, add another layer, keep giong until the ball stops. This will wear out with time and you will have to reapply, buyt should easily last a day of play
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

As far as I know ASP still does those breech modifications to your marker and installs two O-rings to prevent accidental double feeds and roll outs. I haven't broken a ball yet since I had them installed. I think it's $25 to get your breech modified and like $35 to buy an entire new one pre-modded.

http://www.airsoldie...P-PHANTOMDETENT
<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users