#31 User is offline   bulldog16 

• DABULLDOG
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DABULLDOG

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

wow thanks im really allergic.
This bunkering was brought to you by the letter A and the number 5
If your a christian paintballer put this In your sig.

#32 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:59 PM

View PostErikFlipside, on Aug 21 2007, 10:07 PM, said:

I got a really bad case of PI on the lower left of my back...right near the love handle. The rash originated from a game August 4th and there is still somewhat of a scar and it still itches occassionally, though I think that's because I purposely dried the skin out. One of my teammates suggested using Dawn dish detergent to break down and wash away the oil and dry out any existing rash. I figured if city and state road crews use Dawn to clean up nasty oil and animal fat spills on highways, it should work on a little urushiol oil. It seemed to help a lot.

Now, earlier tonight I decided to pull out my marker to add the air-thru stock that finally arrived as well as clean my BDUs...they hadn't been washed since the last game. I kid you not, within 15 minutes of handling my vest, marker, and clothes, I noticed two small PI blisters on the underside of my left wrist. I immediately grabbed all of my clothing, including gloves, shirts, BDUs, etc. and threw them into the wash then washed my hands thoroughly in cool water and Dawn soap. I was talking to my dad on the phone when I noticed a row of blisters forming to the right of my right kneecap. The a couple scattered blisters on the inside of my left ankle (i was just wearing boxers and a t-poo...that's what you where when you live alone.) So I told my dad I had to go...popped two benedryl and hopped into a cool shower with the bottle of Dawn. I washed my arms and legs three times. No new spots since I showered about 10 minutes ago. Itching stopped too.

So, how do I clean the surfaces I touched, like the lid of the washing machine, my marker, my gear bag, my goggle bag, radios, and whatever I think I might have touched? How effective is rubbing alcohol, because that's all I have access to right now.

rubbing alcohol seems to work well, although im not 100% sure about that

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#33 User is offline   Nightwolf 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:45 PM

wow good info. Surprisingly ive never gotten poison Ivy even though ive fallen in it I guess im just lucky

#34 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

good post. i just try and stay away from the purplish stuff in the brushy areas. its pretty common in these parts. good post
now, if someone would make a post about burning medals...

#35 User is offline   CrAzEd pumpkin 

• asian balla
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ROK

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:35 PM

you know that if your exposed to poison ivy once for the first time it may be no problem.
but for somepeople the second time is really bad
-i got my avatar changed :(
-spyder owners club 115
-if you dont believe in paintball ''snipers'' or have never been shoot by a person in a ghillie put this in your sig
-98% of this forum this tippmann pwns all, if you are the 2% that disagree put this in your sig
-if your favorite fodd is peas put his in your sig :)

#36 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:05 PM

I got the worst poison ivy last year in August 06. I got it on my ankle and it started to spread down on my foot and up my leg. First the doctor thought it was a spider bite, than we went to the ER and they thought it was MRCA. They gave me an anti-biotic and I was alergic to it and I started getting rashes all over my body. So, the determinologist (sp?) told us it was just poison ivy. We were like..wow, all of that for nothing.

#37 User is offline   MOOSE93 

• Fresh Prince of the W.G.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOOSE93

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:52 PM

wow that is some great info. I once got a bad case of poison ivy and lets just say it got to a bad place.

#38 User is offline   Kannerjb717 

• Command/Snipe Black Jammers
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Kannerjb717

Post icon  Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

So after I was reading this topic yesterday I went to work today and asked the pharmacist( i work at a pharmacy, local, not like cvs, yes they sell saltpetre, yes im lucky), anyway, i asked him if there is anything to PREVENT poison ivy, and he said there is! Its this stuff called "Ivy Block" and according to him it really works, you put it on every four hours or so and it blocks the oils from getting to your skin. You wash it off after use and i'm assuming also the oils. It smells kinda weird but you dont notice it after you put it on. I suggest you guys go look at your local pharmacy and see if they have this product!

#39 User is offline   Texas_Ranger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Texas_Ranger

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

View PostCERTIFIED PAINTBALLER, on Dec 12 2007, 10:05 PM, said:

I got the worst poison ivy last year in August 06. I got it on my ankle and it started to spread down on my foot and up my leg. First the doctor thought it was a spider bite, than we went to the ER and they thought it was MRCA. They gave me an anti-biotic and I was alergic to it and I started getting rashes all over my body. So, the determinologist (sp?) told us it was just poison ivy. We were like..wow, all of that for nothing.

actually it didnt spread. it may have taken longer for different areas to react. also the oils could have been stuck in your fingernails, on socks and/or shoes, clothes. if you have washed your hands and body properly you cant spread to the rest of your body or to someone else. (you just have to make sure you wash everything)

Also, if you know youve been exposed to it, as quickly as you can (at least within 2 hours) wash areas with soap and water if you can. if not, scrub down with running water.

if you get it severely enough that you need the steroid shot ... beware i gained 5 pounds quickly each time i got the shot.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users