Special Ops Paintball: HALO REACH, Noble Team Last Stand - Special Ops Paintball

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HALO REACH, Noble Team Last Stand First Strike PB, Jan. 15/16, 2011 Rate Topic: -----

#196 User is offline   Juan-M 

• TOT_STRYKER
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:southeast brigade

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

Fence made the game actually flow correctly.

I would like to see an 8 foot fence put up there so that those that would ignore the rules wont have the chance to in that particular instance.
TEAM ON TARGET
Close Quarters Combat/Recon
Team On Target Leads The Way.

#197 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

View PostAcara, on 19 January 2011 - 07:07 AM, said:

Now what I need from you players is to know how did the fence make the field play? Did you like it? Do we need to get rid of it?
Do we need to do some thing diff.

I need input???????????

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

FWIW, I didn't like the fence, purely for asthetic & logistics reasons. Obviously a lot of manhours went into the props to give them a "realistic" feel(typical of Mensrea Produtions & what they are known for) & it made me kinda scratch my head to see that level of effort on props & then see that "barrier". From a logistics standpoint, I lost a lot of time going around the barrier to exit the field .... which means the field lost profit, because I was circumventing the fence instead of shooting paint.

IMHO, if your going to use that barrier in the future, it should have a egress/pass through for players to exit the field through. It just makes good business sense to minimize "customer down time" & have the shortest possible path between a customer the product.

As far as advantages/disdvantages ...... the barrier did make the Red base almost impregnable during daylight, but it also made it a defensive game for Red & much easier for Blue to contain them (and have the run of the field for missions/props). Red did a good job initially, by using the jetpacks to recon & prop hunt, but then the jetpack operators kinda seemed to lose focus & take on a "harrassment" & combat role (vs collecting props). If those red operators had radios in their hands, instead of some of the other things I saw them carrying, and stayed focused on collecting props/points, it probably would have been a different outcome. I saw a lot of big red props ignored by the jet pack operators & after about the third time we saw them walk past the props without attempting to collect them, we stopped wasting the manpower to guard them ....which gave us time to accomplish other things ;-)

Just an observation/opinion though

Thats the kind of input we want/need. As for the props, Yep! thats my thing, I like to make props.

The fence Randy, and I came up with that idea. We have had a few games where the blue base this game was just killed all week end long. The players could not even get past the air ball field. But, then again we had one game that the same base killed the other side with out the fence up. As I see the way to work from the blue base is to get out fast, and stay out. Hit the other base from four points.
1. Attack along the netted line where we had the fence.
2. Thru the air field up the hill, and around the old wood base.
3. Attack, and hold the upper small hyper ball field.
4. Don't push the other base if you don't need to.( Yes! I know we all like to do that ).
Yes, 75% or more of the game we all like to shoot lots of paint at other players. The other 25% is the General battle plan
running missions, finding props, getting points. But, when we blow the game horn most game plans are out the window, and it's all about paint in the air.

Also for the next game the WILD WILD WEST GAME. " No fence " as we will have the train running around the field.
Tks,

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

This post has been edited by old one: 19 January 2011 - 07:47 AM

#198 User is offline   904_flo 

• Teacher ask me what I want to be. I told her a ATM
  • Pip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostSasquatch-AH, on 18 January 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

View Post904_flo, on 17 January 2011 - 08:32 PM, said:

View Postchris1, on 17 January 2011 - 05:15 PM, said:

Flow I'm not sure if you recall but I was the one who ran up to you and got you to exit the field to collect yourself. I even had to get out of the turret seat to do so ;) . I have seen you and your brother at the past several events. I'm sure you have noticed the same players as well. What I'm getting at is this event you may be on the same side and the next time enemies. In the end everyone is there because they share the love for the sport. Give credit to the reffs they have a thankless job. If you are unhappy with a call take it to the head reffs but remember your there to enjoy the weekend so don't let one incident ruin it for you. Randy is a great guy and I'm sure he remedied the situation.

Yeah i remember there was a couple of players who came up and was trying to defuse the situation. I appreciate that. The ref that was involved came up to me after and spoke is peace and i did the same. I understand that it is a sport and things happen. I just take it as a lesson to handle it a different way the next time. :D

Flow and Shuffle,
I must say that I'm truly impressed with you two. I'm glad that you guys found paintball. The pair of you, fit right in.

let me know if you ever need anything.
Regards,
Sasquatch

We really appreciate that Satch. We enjoy the sport and all the people we encounter. Love how from the day we were welcome and were made to feel like family and a part of every team we run with. THANK YOU ALL.
TIPPMANN TIPPMANN TIPPMANN.......NUFF SAID

#199 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKIDDISH

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

View PostAcara, on 19 January 2011 - 07:07 AM, said:

Now what I need from you players is to know how did the fence make the field play? Did you like it? Do we need to get rid of it?
Do we need to do some thing diff.

I need input???????????

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

FWIW, I didn't like the fence, purely for asthetic & logistics reasons. Obviously a lot of manhours went into the props to give them a "realistic" feel(typical of Mensrea Produtions & what they are known for) & it made me kinda scratch my head to see that level of effort on props & then see that "barrier". From a logistics standpoint, I lost a lot of time going around the barrier to exit the field .... which means the field lost profit, because I was circumventing the fence instead of shooting paint.

IMHO, if your going to use that barrier in the future, it should have a egress/pass through for players to exit the field through. It just makes good business sense to minimize "customer down time" & have the shortest possible path between a customer the product.

As far as advantages/disdvantages ...... the barrier did make the Red base almost impregnable during daylight, but it also made it a defensive game for Red & much easier for Blue to contain them (and have the run of the field for missions/props). Red did a good job initially, by using the jetpacks to recon & prop hunt, but then the jetpack operators kinda seemed to lose focus & take on a "harrassment" & combat role (vs collecting props). If those red operators had radios in their hands, instead of some of the other things I saw them carrying, and stayed focused on collecting props/points, it probably would have been a different outcome. I saw a lot of big red props ignored by the jet pack operators & after about the third time we saw them walk past the props without attempting to collect them, we stopped wasting the manpower to guard them ....which gave us time to accomplish other things ;-)

Just an observation/opinion though

Did you see the red jetpackers carrying props?

extremegst.com team website

#200 User is offline   The Baroness 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Baroness

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

View Postmako, on 17 January 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

Smite had a great time... Noble team played a stand up game..no complaints. refs dug in deep and did a great job..missions were fun and the field looked great okay enough butt kissing time for some bragging.

Smite locked down the Noble base during the night game..locked it down! and no there was not 40 of us! just 7...just seven.

Also Smite rolled out with the jet packs and caused all sorts of trouble for the blue side.."LAW is here and here"...

Lots of love for those we shot and those that shot us..today we're opponants...tomorrow we are allies!

See you all on the field.

Mako out!

You guys did a great job pointing them out for us...Kong thanks you too!
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
CONTRACTED MURDER, DEATH, KILLER
TEAM ON TARGET

#201 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:48 AM

Oddly enough, you guys didn't start calling out positions until a few hours after I did on Saturday :P

#202 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

View Postskiddish9999, on 19 January 2011 - 02:40 AM, said:

It also seems as though it's becoming a tradition that at every game at first strike I get shot with a BLOODY NERF ROCKET!
Your wish is my command. :laugh: It is a worthy tradition that we will cherish for many long years. :rolleyes::P Love ya bro

Maybe all the people that are going to do special roles need to read and sign a card that specifically spells out the role they are going to play and what they can and cannot do. if they violate a major rule or several minor ones then either that role is unusable for one hour (player must reread the rules and pass a quiz) or that player is no longer allowed to be a role player. I think the problem stems mostly from a role hastily needing to be filled and someone volunteering to do it without fully understanding all the particulars of that role, or the person planned for the role maybe misses some/all of the player briefing and gets 'filled in' by another player.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

#203 User is offline   Juan-M 

• TOT_STRYKER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:southeast brigade

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

View Postcookie, on 19 January 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

It also seems as though it's becoming a tradition that at every game at first strike I get shot with a BLOODY NERF ROCKET!
Your wish is my command. :laugh: It is a worthy tradition that we will cherish for many long years. :rolleyes::P Love ya bro

Maybe all the people that are going to do special roles need to read and sign a card that specifically spells out the role they are going to play and what they can and cannot do. if they violate a major rule or several minor ones then either that role is unusable for one hour (player must reread the rules and pass a quiz) or that player is no longer allowed to be a role player. I think the problem stems mostly from a role hastily needing to be filled and someone volunteering to do it without fully understanding all the particulars of that role, or the person planned for the role maybe misses some/all of the player briefing and gets 'filled in' by another player.

Thus is why it is important for everyone to "ACTUALLY" listen at a player meeting instead of talking all the time.
TEAM ON TARGET
Close Quarters Combat/Recon
Team On Target Leads The Way.

#204 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

View PostJuan-M, on 19 January 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Thus is why it is important for everyone to "ACTUALLY" listen at a player meeting instead of talking all the time.

Thats why I put, OR GIVE a copy of the rules for that role player, or prop like ( DEMO, SNIPER, ROPE ON A STICK, JET PACK, HUNTER/ODST, MEDICS ). The role player I give a small copy of the rule for their role to them to have. The other props I zip tie a copy to the prop like the jet packs, rope on a stick, etc....

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

#205 User is offline   XGST - Homicidal Maniac 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Southeast XGST

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

There was some confusion on the wall as to where to cross. We would go to the end by the ravine and cross there, but then a ref came over and made us go down to the bottom of the ravine to get across. I think the "jump portals" would be cool if controlled right and maybe be bought by the generals. Maybe have scheduled openings. I also agree a non-playable crossing for the dead players to get back to the base. The ravine was hell to get up and through. The red jet pack calling out our positions to the hunters made it rather difficult. It was also a long walk back to base once we got shot out. Climbing up the side of the pit wall was hard on the legs but provided the only cover from the hunters above. Slow, methodical movement was what allowed us to make progress. I also think that the generals or XO's should have the players read the rules attached to each prop before they can be utilized. I know that during the heat of battle the need to just go now is always a hindrance. I personally like the wall as it kept the game funneled to certain playable areas and kept the tanks from rolling right up on our insertion point. I would like to thank Sasquatch for recognizing Flo and shuffle for what they are. They are the next generation and if we are lucky they will pass the same good treatment to those that come behind them. Also FYI, Flo and Shuffle have been given an open invitation to join XGST. Thanks again to all of you and look forward to running with you soon.

View Postold one, on 19 January 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostJuan-M, on 19 January 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Thats why I put, OR GIVE a copy of the rules for that role player, or prop like ( DEMO, SNIPER, ROPE ON A STICK, JET PACK, HUNTER/ODST, MEDICS ). The role player I give a small copy of the rule for their role to them to have. The other props I zip tie a copy to the prop like the jet packs, rope on a stick, etc....

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

#206 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

View Postold one, on 19 January 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

Maybe put the responsibility for insuring that the role players know their specific role rules on the generals. If the generals have an incentive (like losing a role card for an hour when violations occur) then they are more likely to make sure that those players do in fact know the role rules.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

#207 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

A lifter is what I believe it's called...

Have a rope that goes from blue's side to the red side possibly into a base or cover maybe the castle or something like that...

Red would have a rope go from their side to blue's side maybe the small fort... the entrances and exits need to be a slight distance away but not far enough that they can't "jump" back.

Once a person lets go they can't grab back on and rules would be posted at the entrance and exit of each rope. Theoretically you could have a few "jump points" that would allow people to appear from behind...

#208 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

View PostJuan-M, on 19 January 2011 - 09:32 AM, said:

Fence made the game actually flow correctly.

I would like to see an 8 foot fence put up there so that those that would ignore the rules wont have the chance to in that particular instance.

With a tower by the ravine......
FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#209 User is offline   Acara 

• Elite Broadsword
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Acara

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:07 AM

The other props I zip tie a copy to the prop like the jet packs, rope on a stick, etc....

THIS

The props we were given/used last weekend had instructions/rules attached to them. Made it nice and easy & eliminated any confusion concerning what you could/couldn't do with them.

#210 User is offline   mako 

• Team Captain
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

View PostAcara, on 20 January 2011 - 06:07 AM, said:

The other props I zip tie a copy to the prop like the jet packs, rope on a stick, etc....

THIS

The props we were given/used last weekend had instructions/rules attached to them. Made it nice and easy & eliminated any confusion concerning what you could/couldn't do with them.

Where to start...no lie..I always go to the rules meetings with only half an ear. Not going to lie..
I never intended to use any props or role play...normaly I show up and sling paint and thats about that. Well, one time <out of the many> that I was shot out and heading back to insertion I saw a jet pack laying on the ground at the command shack. I went and tagged in and picked up the jet pack. Low-and-behold the instructions were right on the thing! (THIS IDEA IS AWESOME) I picked it up, read the rules, tried it on, asked some folks if they had any other information on the rules of a jet pack, and they all mentioned the card. So, off I went. During play I had the blue team read the card to me two times just to make sure on some of the usage rules..and the blue did a great job of reading it to me!
What ever you do...keep this in effect. Great idea...spot on!

MAKO

Blue team gets 2 gold starts 1 for reading, and 2 for teamwork!

Mud, sand, tar, soot, coal, oil, grease, ink....ha ha I have dirty words in my sig!

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users