• You cannot reply to this topic

Will this work in my Epiphany? Virtue QEV

#1 User is offline   Aftershock 

• Paintball gets you all the girls man! Ha...right
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Rippingdoghead

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:55 PM

It says it's compatible with the Ion and the SP8 but it's under Ion/Epiphany upgrades... :ghillie: Virtue QEV

This post has been edited by Aftershock: 24 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

Owner of an AWESOME Epiphany!!!
(with SP 360 QEV,Virtue board, and Tech T L7 Bolt!)
- Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall through an open sewer and die.
- "I want to die peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
- 8% of Potatoes think that Iranian Tigers are in the process of flying a plane, if you're one of the -8% that think trees can breath underwater put this in you're sig.

#2 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:25 AM

I am pretty sure it will work.

http://smartparts.com/store/ProductList.as...74-674c3ac5fd19

Look here.

They sell Ion-to-Epiphany upgrade kits. Look at Phase 2. It comes with the firing section and board, but no banjos. That means that both the Ion and the Epiphany use the same threading for the banjos for the firing chamber and that that the firing chambers/boards are interchangable. This shows that anything that fits on the Ion should also work for the Epiphany.

Looks to me like it should work fine.

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 25 August 2007 - 06:36 AM

#3 User is offline   Aftershock 

• Paintball gets you all the girls man! Ha...right
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rippingdoghead

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

View PostPhilipp122, on Aug 25 2007, 06:25 AM, said:

Look here.

They sell Ion-to-Epiphany upgrade kits. Look at Phase 2. It comes with the firing section and board, but no banjos. That means that both the Ion and the Epiphany use the same threading for the banjos for the firing chamber and that that the firing chambers/boards are interchangable. This shows that anything that fits on the Ion should also work for the Epiphany.

I don't think I'll take a chance with it anyway but thanks for showing me the SP site I have been looking for a Epiphany compatible QEV and they have the 360 QEV which says you can use it on an Epiphany for the same price as Virtue!
Owner of an AWESOME Epiphany!!!
(with SP 360 QEV,Virtue board, and Tech T L7 Bolt!)
- Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall through an open sewer and die.
- "I want to die peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
- 8% of Potatoes think that Iranian Tigers are in the process of flying a plane, if you're one of the -8% that think trees can breath underwater put this in you're sig.

#4 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

View PostAftershock, on Aug 25 2007, 04:28 PM, said:

View PostPhilipp122, on Aug 25 2007, 06:25 AM, said:

Look here.

I don't think I'll take a chance with it anyway but thanks for showing me the SP site I have been looking for a Epiphany compatible QEV and they have the 360 QEV which says you can use it on an Epiphany for the same price as Virtue!

If the 360 fits then the Virtue will definitely fit. The thing about the 360 is that you can't lower your dwell as much as with other QEVs. Most QEVs let you lower your dwell as low as 10 to 12, but the 360 won't let you go below 14. The upside to it is that you won't have to worry about leaks. Regular QEVs don't swivel, so they might not be facing the right direction when they are fully tightened, so you will not be able to tighten them up all the way and will need to seal them with teflon tape.

I like the 360 personally because a difference of 3-4 clicks for dwell doesn't mean much to me. Performance nuts like it as low as possible, but it doesn't really matter. Basically, get a Clippard/Virtue for best performance or a 360 for user-friendliness.

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 25 August 2007 - 02:04 PM

#5 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:18 PM

go with the 360. SP redesigned them to work with the epiph while I am not sure whether the Virtue/clippards are able to handle the higher pressures that the epiph uses
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:06 PM

View PostShadowlord, on Aug 25 2007, 10:18 PM, said:

go with the 360. SP redesigned them to work with the epiph while I am not sure whether the Virtue/clippards are able to handle the higher pressures that the epiph uses

That is true. I didn't even think about that.

Would be interesting to try, but I think that the QEVs would hold out for quite awhile before receiving any damage. What's the operating pressure of the Epiphany again?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users