• You cannot reply to this topic

A Little Irritating Warning, rant is possible here Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

im on a small woodsball team, we prefer to play together because as a team we practice together whcih does give us an advantage, i imagine it would be the same thing for them when it comes to outlaw we try to stay together as a team for at least a couple of games which works kinda like a practice for us,

but sometimes like stated above u have to split up the teams to keep the game going and make sure everybody has fun or what not
if you and your friends are the one organizing in the game and these people have a problem with the rules that you have made then dont waste your time and find some other people

This post has been edited by SGT Havoc: 08 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#17 User is offline   Droop 

• Professional Noobsmith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Droopy Squirrel

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

View PostSGT Havoc, on Jun 8 2009, 03:22 PM, said:

im on a small woodsball team, we prefer to play together because as a team we practice together whcih does give us an advantage, i imagine it would be the same thing for them when it comes to outlaw we try to stay together as a team for at least a couple of games which works kinda like a practice for us,

but sometimes like stated above u have to split up the teams to keep the game going and make sure everybody has fun or what not
if you and your friends are the one organizing in the game and these people have a problem with the rules that you have made then dont waste your time and find some other people

Yeah, problem is its a small area, and we are just lookin for players lol, all they are lookin for are team matches, and i fell out of that scene a LONG time ago, i would rather play to play. not play to win, i think i am more bothered by them just taking the GAME way to seriously as if it were a life and death issue.
Droop

EDIT: Not that i think teams are pointless, just that i think that teams cause a lot of grief for players and a need to talk crap. If i were to start up a team i would get some friends and play for fun, but probably tourney style, bush hopping isnt appealing to play a truely competitive match, its about who is the better play not the hide and go seek champ of the world.
Droop

This post has been edited by Droop: 08 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

My Feedback Member of Garage Inc. Official Pump User #100 Automaggot #91
My Trigger SC Feed comma club member #6

So because I play scenarios, I won't buy a high-end unless it has rails at useless angles, and has a machine-gun shroud bolted on it?-Maduce

#18 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

Some people only "play for keeps." I don't subscribe to that philosophy myself, but over the years I have met a few that do, and while that experience isn't pleasant, there are plenty of other people out there willing to focus on the game for the sake of fun, as opposed to their presumed reputations or stakes. There are a lot of insecure people out there who always think they have something to prove...at some point or another they find out that in the relative scheme of things, nobody really gives a rat's behind, and realize they missed out on a lot of good times. I can be pretty serious and competitive when I play, and that can be intimidating, but on the other hand, I am always willing to take time to show people things or play in a manner that makes the game more enjoyable for all of us.

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 08 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

there always going to be people who take the sport to seriusly but its just how they play and if there stuborn theres nothing you can do about it

and as for the sponsor assuming that they win, when they win there sponsors get the benifit of publicity

and facing there team actually sounds like an fun challenge

This post has been edited by SGT Havoc: 08 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#20 User is offline   commandocraig 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:commandocraig

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

Yah, that style is jacked. I met one speedball team like that, but when total partisipation finaly droped to the point they had only one opponant, they finaly split.
I bring a lot of newbies to my local (outlaw) field. The majority rules that my brother and I are almost never on the same team. When we are, it's us vs all, usualy 4-6 other players.
It is only fair to split up teams for even team/ squad strength. Especialy when the field in play was 98% built and maintained by two players and we go out there all the time just to hang-out away from houses.

#21 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

Try and reason with them. My 'team' gets split up more than we get to play together. Try to convince them by stating they'll only ever see their weaknesses if they experience them themselves.

Many of my teammates, myself included, have grown as players based off of the feedback and criticism of each other! If you always play together and never play against each other in a non-drill/practice environment they may miss those give-away weaknesses they hold. Maybe one guy does the same thing EVERY TIME he plays a bunker? Who will tell him? Not the opponent, that's their secret advantage. But if your teammate notices it he'll bring it up so you can improve your game.

Is that coherent enough? Regardless, if they don't want to show up now they'll probably pull some junk on you even if you do convince them. They'll stack/throw games or something just to make it seem like they're pro and you're not.
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#22 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

View PostBecc, on Jun 8 2009, 12:29 PM, said:

Ive run into this problem before reffing, well one of them. People REFUSE to be split up. Usually we try as hard as we can to accomodate people. But where theres a speedball-type team of 10 people who want to be together, and 20 total players, the other 10 being rentals, it gets rediculous.

One other problem we run into on the field is two players who are ungodly good when paired together. They were in iraq together, are army buddies, etc. They refuse to play against/shoot each other, which I understand. This means whenever they play, it ends up being them plus maybe two against 15 to make the teams fair. Then the two people paired with them complain about how unfair the teams are. People have to understand- it isnt about numbers, its about skill of players. Those two are equal to 10 rentals, etc.

My Team went to Skirmish yesterday for the 1/2 price paint day. It was 13 of them (14 including me, taking pics) and it ended up being 13 on 26 or so because their skills level wasn't up to ours.

When Team practice occurs, Green and Blue squads split up and fight eachother...and then AAR to see what needed to be worked on. That's typical (I'd guess) for any scenario Team though. The thought of being a Team though, means they will stick together no matter what.

View PostKrazy8, on Jun 8 2009, 02:19 PM, said:

Well, once they realize they are only hurting their team skills by not splitting up they will reach a level of skill and sit there.

Until they split up and start learning the strong and weak points of their team members they will never know hope to work together better.

Too bad.

I agree and disagree...but I know what you mean.

Our Green and Blue Squads act as "shock and awe" and "reinforcement" squads respectively. However, the members are fully aware of the other's habits and liitations. They do pick up where one lacks...or bow to the ability and can switch roles in heartbeats. That's what makes a Team good. It's about learning ALL the aspects of the game...and then being able to utilize all skills where needed. It's also about helping those underqualified [to meet those skills], into being able to fill those roles when needed. AARs are done by those observing the game...like me yesterday at Skirmish. On most fields we played on, I had the benefit of elevated positions to see the whole field. I took detailed notes about our member's actions all day long and made the first AAR to be read (email system...lol). The Team Captain gets everything I said and agreed with all of it. Even though the Team. just. TRAMPLED. the other side all day long (even outnumbered 2:1), they still made mistakes that only I saw and could move for corrections. Others on the ground, saw what they could and reported in on that info.

When Teams 'train' like that, it's hard to break that cohesion.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#23 User is offline   Jarhead2531 

• Teufel Hunden
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jarhead2531

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

I can see where they're coming from not wanting to split up, but I also stopped subscribing to the "winning is everything" philosophy a long time ago. Paintball is about fun, then winning.

Besides, when my team splits and plays against each other, especially at our home field, it makes us better. We don't get into the same ruts of going to the same places. I always know where my teammates like to play on our home field, so I steer clear of there until I get a good flank, and they always know I'm going to flank them.

Plain and simple, intra-squad scrimmages make you a better team!
SPECTRE Paintball
Special Tactics and Reconnaissance
Columbiaville, MI
Proud to represent Tippmann Sports, Pinokio Hoppers, and Landing Zone Paintball

#24 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

We have that issue with the groups of players where I live. There is a set group that plays in most of the cities and they don't like to play on any field but there home field. To make it fair we try and rotate from field to field or we play on a piece of property that is not a home field to any of the teams. Also we have made it a rule that each groups captain must have a chronograph for their field. Almost all the players here like to run full auto and we don't bother trying to limit that because most of them are not that great of players and rely on superior fire power to out class an opponent instead of skill. I use to play with an upped A-5 and would rip 25 bps but I was also the heavy gunner for our group. I have since moved to an 05 speed and it is semi only so accuracy is and moving is more of my focus now. One thing that is strange with our local teams is that we all band together under one team name when going to scenarios.
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#25 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

bunch of noob

i shot anybody
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#26 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

View PostQC MAD KID, on Jun 9 2009, 12:13 PM, said:

bunch of noob

i shot anybody

Wow that contributed to the thread a lot. The guys I play with that I mentioned before are in no way noobs but rather seasoned players. They are just set in there ways and like it and I'm sure it's the same way with the originator of the post. Why not try and contribute next time instead of just bashing people you don't know.
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#27 User is offline   the unamed 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:egodeflater2

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:31 AM

I can see why they wanted to stick together. One game me and my friend went to our friend's field that we have never played on. When picking teams me and him said we would like to be on the same team but it didn't matter if we weren't because of the fact that neither of us knew the field, we knew eachother's tactics and work well together so it could make up for the disadvantage of not knowing the field, and the teams they picked where kind of unfair before they let us be on a team. Also if they were playing on their own field I think they should be a little more open minded to seperating. I'm not trying to bash them I'm just saying that it sounds like they want to win a little too badly. When me and my friend's play on our field we actually try and switch up the teams as many times as possible so everyone gets a chance to play on the same team as everyone (it helps that we usually only play 2v2 though).

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users