• You cannot reply to this topic

X7 Phenom VS BT TM-15 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:57 PM

As some of you know I am looking to get a new marker but I am not convinced yet on what to buy. I am looking at the X7 Phenom since for what I have seen Tippmann offers great quality and with time a lot of new mods and cool stuff floods the market to pimp your tippy. But I also came across the TM-15 and seems to be a nice marker, simple and it has the body of the rifle I learned to work with in military training the M-4/M-416. So which marker do you think its better? Which one will be more reliable, costumizable, and have the best performance of these two? Any other ideas?

NOTE: please leave money issues behind, prices will not bet an issue for me at this point.

Thank you!

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:36 AM

Hmm,, Well. Between those two The TM-15 will have a better performance, Only from the sense which it is a Electrophneumatic trigger, which will be light and crisp.
While the Phenom will be a bit heavier but equally as Smooth.

They both have a Valve system Based closely to each other so the consistency, and efficiency will be fairly equal.

The one thing which I say makes a bigger difference, the Phenom uses the Cyclone system (Which I have found Still needs a better Ratchet system, as its the most common fail point in the marker (X7, A5 included)

Which the TM-15 uses a off center feed neck. allowing you to use a conventional hopper.
Also You Can put the SA-17 Spring feed system in place of the feedneck allowing you a very low 10 round spring feed.
(plus its always kinda fun to run if you like stock class, or have enjoyed stock class before)

Personally, I beleive a marker should be center feed, So In the High end "milsim" market, I'd chase down a Mac Dev Drone, or a Angel Ark before the Tippmann or the TM15, But once again. Thats more of me then anything.

#3 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the info bro but when you say the cyclone system in the tippmanns give trouble what could I expect from the phenom if I go ahead and get it. The thing I personally like from the tippmann hoppers is the fact that they are somewhat lower profile compared to regular hoppers on other markers. I know that I could get a q-loader or something else but at this time I am not planning to switch hoppers.

And which one do you think would be the most costumizable one? Talking about market options not custom made mods.

Thanks again!

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#4 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

X7 is way more customizeable
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

In pure numbers the X7 is much more versatile,

The issue with the Cyclone (and its not a huge ginormous issue, its just the most common fail point in the cyclone feeding system)
is that the actual spinning of the cyclone depends on a tiny ratchet to catch and push a plastic/delrin Clip over and over and over and over again, the ratchet's are not made like sears or bolts or weight and load bearing objects. its literally a paper clip thick.

Also just as a note: MANY problems with chopping or feeding paint which seem like the ratchets issue are actually the plungers origin, There is a little Rubber ring around the plunger, if that hardens over time it makes the cyclone all wonky.

other then that the Phenom base is a outstanding marker, But be prepared to learn a thing or two about the cyclone and how it works, else you can find yourself confused quickly.

#6 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

Eskimo, on 17 July 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

In pure numbers the X7 is much more versatile,

The issue with the Cyclone (and its not a huge ginormous issue, its just the most common fail point in the cyclone feeding system)
is that the actual spinning of the cyclone depends on a tiny ratchet to catch and push a plastic/delrin Clip over and over and over and over again, the ratchet's are not made like sears or bolts or weight and load bearing objects. its literally a paper clip thick.

Also just as a note: MANY problems with chopping or feeding paint which seem like the ratchets issue are actually the plungers origin, There is a little Rubber ring around the plunger, if that hardens over time it makes the cyclone all wonky.

other then that the Phenom base is a outstanding marker, But be prepared to learn a thing or two about the cyclone and how it works, else you can find yourself confused quickly.

Thanks for letting me know, I have decided to go for the Phenom, I actually found out that Engler makes an ACR custom out of the phenom so I will probably go for it.

-X
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users