Special Ops Paintball: Are all remote lines standard threads? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are all remote lines standard threads? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Northwest Brigade ( Idaho )

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

Here's a copy of a letter I sent to www.rockstartactical.com. . . Maybe I can get some answers on here as well.

Hi there,

I recently ordered the Tapaco Socom Stock
http://www.rockstart...ac-socom-x7.htm
from you and it arrived today. I am going to use it for my A-5 for now and screw it directly into the ASA at the bottom of the grip and run my remote line to it and use the gas through feature.

I'm running into a problem I hope you can help me with.

Before, to run my remote, I simply had an ASA Remote Adapter with Male QD fitting similar to this one: http://www.rockstartactical.com/product_p/...sa-adpt-fit.htm
Screwed right into my ASA at the bottom of the grip.

Now the new Socom stock is screwed in there. I figured I could just unscrew the male fitting from the ASA Remote Adapter and screw it into the Socom stock to attach my remote line. The problem I have, is the Male fitting seems to be too large for the threads in the stock. I can get it in about a half turn and then it becomes very difficult to turn even with a wrench. I can get a couple maybe three turns. I'm scared I might be ruining the threads, although there doesn't seem to be any damage yet.

I'm having two issues when hooking up the remote line and charging it:

1- If I screw it in pretty tight then air starts forcing it's way out of the remote line itself, where the knob threads into the tank adapter, as if it has nowhere else to go.

2- If I go a little looser than it leaks out of the male fitting at the stock, and very little air makes it to the gun.

One main question I have is: Are all threads for these gas-through stocks and remote lines pretty standard as far as thread size and length of fittings? Is there a special fitting I need to get to work correctly with this stock?

Any help or advice you can offer is greatly appreciated

Thank You
IPB Image

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

I'm somehwat confused by what you're saying, but I went through some issues with my Dogleg stock when I broke my steel line because the thread size going into my marker's power tube was 1/8 NPT, but the end in the stock was 1/4 NPT (or something).

Try posting a picture with arrows or whatever to indicate?

#3 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Northwest Brigade ( Idaho )

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:26 AM

To put it really simply. . .

The nipple that the remote line hooks to, seems too big to screw into the stock. Are there other sizes, or are they all the same? I can't see where there are other sizes.
IPB Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users