Special Ops Paintball: a5 internals, whats best for speed? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

a5 internals, whats best for speed? more speed, not sacrificeing reliability Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

If you need a certain parts contact tippmann through their website and send them the support email, just ask them where you can find the part and they will most likely send you one for free. plus if anything breaks I'm pretty sure Tippmann will either fix or repair it if you just pay to ship it to them.

You wont get a cycle rate of 30bps without spending several hundred dollars in upgrades and it will most likely chop more than anything

youll be happy at about 20bps max

My recommended upgrades to get to reach this are, check e-bay they tend to have lower prices if you look around

-polish internals, free
-polish power tube where the front bolt makes contact to remove excess plastic, free
-RAP4 cyclone upgrade kit, 60$ max
-orange bolt, if you must upgrade 30$ max
-barrel, up to you to do research there, I recommend the Stiffi MF for around 60$ its the best light and accurate mid range barrel.
-DONT GET A METAL POWER TUBE, unless yours breaks its not worth the money.

Just keep in mind that you will eventually get a better gun so don't sink any more money than what is necessary.

sorry that everyone hijacks the thread to do their own anti-tippmann hateraid instead of telling you straight up the upgrades you are looking for
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#32 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:27 AM

View PostGuy In Digi Camo, on Oct 13 2009, 02:34 AM, said:

sorry that everyone hijacks the thread to do their own anti-tippmann hateraid instead of telling you straight up the upgrades you are looking for

the only reason people threadjack with anti tippy stuff is simply because we have all been there before and done that. And in the end, the tippmann performed the exact same after x many hundred dollars in upgrades, as it did stock.

I spent well over $1k on my A5 in two years time, and in the end, it still didn't perform well at all, in fact it still broke every game i played with it. I could easily have bought a WGP Karnivore in its prime ($1300+ in 2005) at that point with all the money i had spent on my A5, and the karni would have run circles around the A5.

We aren't trying to bash your marker. Enjoy it if you like it, that's the fun in the sport, loving your marker. We are just trying to prevent you from spending hundreds of dollars on something that will not perform any better with all that spent in it, hence the money pit reference. Whereas you could take those hundreds of dollars you were going to spend and buy a nice stock electro that will be 10x better then the A5 on almost every level.
It just won't look like a m16 or whatever
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#33 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

but i said not to spend that much I've been there too thats why I suggest only the upgrades that would actually help

What you guys said took me less than a paragraph to say and i looked around for the powertube and bolt test to back up my statement that they actually don't work.

honestly after reading about the karni i wasn't impressed as you can get a E2 kit or raceframe and upgrade any other autococker, the only cool things were the Kaner kit and the body.
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#34 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zing

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

thanks for the info and parts list Guy In Digi Camo.

And thanks for your concern Lagato. I understand what you mean, and think that your intensions are noble. i agree, that paintballing is all about fun, thats why i am doing this gun thing. i don't need 30bps, from my tippmann, norr may it be possiable, heck, i'm usually 20 feet away at most when i take my shot, so full auto isn't even nessasary. but wouldn't you agree that it would be awsome to have that huge gun of mine shooting like a crazy man? i could have just gone out and bought all the things i thoght i would need, but i instead i turned here, once i got a perfect list made, i will buy them.

so thanks for your concern, it is well placed, but don't worry, it's not like it will ruin me.

#35 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:48 PM

Gotcha bro. Just trying to make sure you don't make the same mistake i did. I had the WAS Egripped A5, spouting out rapid BPS, hell in chrono area i'd set it for auto response and watch all the little kids gather and be like "OOOOOOOHHHHH a tippmann can do that????!!!!!!" I loved the feeling of pelting out rapid BPS in semi, hell yeah it is wicked fun. But yeah in the end, it just wasn't for me. I can't afford paint like that and it jsut felt like a waste in the end.

Like i said, if you like it and want to do it, go for it. Paintball is all about having fun, so do what is fun and enjoy the game. If you aren't enjoying the game, then it's time to change up or put it down. :sick: Just don't go crazy and sink hundreds into the marker, cause it just won't be worth it.

If you do enjoy the egrip and fast speed, in a year or two, look into some low to mid end electros. Try some out in the chrono area or even ask if you can usee it for a game or two. Many people won't mind. You'd be amazed at how nice they feel and shoot. :laugh:

I was never trying to put you down or your intentions. Just more of keep you from spending big bucks on snake oil.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#36 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zing

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

thanks again for everything

#37 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:16 AM

View PostZing, on Oct 12 2009, 06:34 PM, said:

... the cyclone feed is to slow, that is the reason for chopped balls, this i want to upgrade. but only one brand name has come up. any others...?(please list them.)

When deciding on cyclone upgrades, money talks. If you only spend $40 on a full upgrade kit you'll only get $40 worth. Look at getting the TechT, Lapco, or JCS brand upgrades - stay away from "no-name" eBay kits. It may cost you $100+ but it'll be worth it because they are quality parts. Like I stated earlier, I upgraded mine w/ some knock-offs from eBay about 18 months ago & they worked great for 6-8 months then the cyclone started acting odd. I started putting the stock pieces back in & it's been working great for the last 6 months.

You go ahead & rock that Tippmann until you're tired of it. My A5 has run very well for me over the last 3 years... aside from the cyclone problems caused by shotty upgrades. "You get what you pay for."
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users