• You cannot reply to this topic

Pregnant and Paintball? Offer some advice...please

#1 User is offline   Deutch 

• The-Walrus
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The-Walrus

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:19 AM

Here is the skinny. My younger brother and his wife just found out they are going to have a baby. I think the due date is sometime in November. They are both paintballers and play on a "for fun" team with me. She still wants to play paintball and I don't think it's a good idea. She asked her doctor and he said it was ok as long as she protected her stomach. Now I don't know if they explained exactly what paintball is to their doctor (running involved, velocity of the balls and wehat not) but I just don't like this idea. Does anybody have any advice in this area at all??

Let me know,
Thanks
--From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered.
We lucky few, we band of brothers.
For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

#2 User is offline   paintslinger99 

• ITS NOT AN ION!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintslinger99

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:27 AM

dont paintball is fun but its not worth a life

if shes dead set on it i would wear 2 chest protectors

This post has been edited by paintslinger99: 16 March 2007 - 04:27 AM

#3 User is offline   Spaceman Spiff 

• Spaceman Spiff is my hero. Thanks for the avitar Puzuma.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Minister of Destruction

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:07 AM

Her doctor knows that a pregnant woman can exericise pretty vigorously until the later stages of pregnancy (i.e. - run long distances). And a paintball does not travel with enough velocity or force to cause any more harm than a bruised stomach if she were to be hit there. I would say if you or she is really concerned go to a ob/gyn and get a second opinion.

#4 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:31 AM

I would think that it would be ok to play until she starts to show. But what do I know, I dont have a uterus.

Lol, I can see it now....sitting behind a bunker with the pregnant wifey and she gets one of those weird cravings....

Hubby(to wife): "But sweetie! Where am I going to find peanutbutter, chocolate ice-cream and pickels on a paintball feild?"

Wifey: "RRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRRR!!!!!"

Hubby(to team): "Hey, guys.........I'll be right back."

This post has been edited by ZombieAtak: 16 March 2007 - 06:31 AM

ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#5 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:44 AM

^^^^HAHAHAHAHAH

Quite true. I think she'll be fine. No offense, but the doctor usually knows what is best, and will err on the side of caution.
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#6 User is offline   stickjock 

• May the cat eat you, and the devil eat the cat...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STICKJOCK

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:55 AM

View PostZombieAtak, on Mar 16 2007, 08:31 AM, said:

I would think that it would be ok to play until she starts to show. But what do I know, I dont have a uterus.

Lol, I can see it now....sitting behind a bunker with the pregnant wifey and she gets one of those weird cravings....

Hubby(to wife): "But sweetie! Where am I going to find peanutbutter, chocolate ice-cream and pickels on a paintball feild?"

Wifey: "RRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRRR!!!!!"

Hubby(to team): "Hey, guys.........I'll be right back."

Dolly Madison Zingers and Fruit dip for my wife... LOL... still can't believe she ate those two together... ugh...

I'd have to agree though... 4 kids here, and our last one my wife was working up until the last month of her pregnancy... as for paintball?? I'd go until she started showing... but... none of us are professionals... have them talk to their doctor and really go over what she'll be doing so he understands... and if the Doctor says it's all good, then so be it...

Tell 'em good luck for me...!! And congrats...!! :unsure:

#7 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:21 AM

I'd just like to point out that its not necessarily the paintballs one would have to worry about in this situation. I'd be more concerned with tripping, falling, diving on reflex, etc, etc that goes on in a typical game. Especially on woodsball fields, since obstacles might not always be clearly visible, and after rainy or damp days, you can slide every which way, even with cleats, boots, or cleated boots. I don't know when falling becomes a concrete issue in pregnancy, but I'd be extremely careful. Paintball is a lot more of a 'contact' sport than running, biking, hiking and what not.

This post has been edited by Aegis: 16 March 2007 - 07:22 AM

"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

#8 Guest_Buckwheat_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:29 AM

View PostAegis, on Mar 16 2007, 07:21 AM, said:

I'd just like to point out that its not necessarily the paintballs one would have to worry about in this situation. I'd be more concerned with tripping, falling, diving on reflex, etc, etc that goes on in a typical game. Especially on woodsball fields, since obstacles might not always be clearly visible, and after rainy or damp days, you can slide every which way, even with cleats, boots, or cleated boots. I don't know when falling becomes a concrete issue in pregnancy, but I'd be extremely careful. Paintball is a lot more of a 'contact' sport than running, biking, hiking and what not.

I would agree with that as well. Yeah, I would personally recommend against it ... you have a fragile little doo-hickey your carrying around! ....and what if she gets lit up point blank on the stomach or something?

Blah ... just doesn't seem good.

#9 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

View PostAegis, on Mar 16 2007, 06:21 AM, said:

Just have the pregnant players stay back on defence, so they dont have to risk running around as much.

...or one could go the opposite route, & tell her that the other team stole her peanutbutter, chocolate ice-cream and pickles and is hiding them under their flag...I assure you - the girl will MOVE! My concern would be for the safety of anyone who tried to stop her... :D

#10 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:03 PM

lol. it seems safe enough. i seriously doubt she or the baby would be hurt, i mean ive seen pregnant girls fall and it doesnt hurt the baby at all, and a paintball is alot less damaging than a fall

eh. but i dunno anything, i have the wrong parts and even if i didnt i dont have kids :(

#11 Guest_TM SNPR_*

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:27 PM

its better to be safe that sorry, there are a number of things that could cause harm to her and her baby. if she really needs to be around paintball she could go and watch but i think it is too risky to play while pregnant regardless of how far along she is.

#12 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

I don't think it would be worth the risk. Thats a living human being in there.

your child>fun

This post has been edited by SilentMarksman: 16 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

:)

#13 User is offline   paintslinger99 

• ITS NOT AN ION!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintslinger99

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

View PostSilentMarksman, on Mar 16 2007, 04:37 PM, said:

I don't think it would be worth the risk. Thats a living human being in there.

your child>fun

exactly

#14 User is offline   The Angry Platypus 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

Yeah don't do it just in case. In other words Don't throw caution to the wind.
Thalassa kai pur kai gune, kaka tria.
To gar hedu, ean polu, ou ti ge hedu.

#15 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Post icon  Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:02 AM

View PostDeutch, on Mar 16 2007, 06:19 AM, said:

Here is the skinny. My younger brother and his wife just found out they are going to have a baby. I think the due date is sometime in November. They are both paintballers and play on a "for fun" team with me. She still wants to play paintball and I don't think it's a good idea. She asked her doctor and he said it was ok as long as she protected her stomach. Now I don't know if they explained exactly what paintball is to their doctor (running involved, velocity of the balls and wehat not) but I just don't like this idea. Does anybody have any advice in this area at all??

Let me know,
Thanks

Tell her NO!!! Tie her up if you have to, just DON"T LET HER GET ON A FIELD WHILE SHE"S PREGNANT!!!!!

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users