• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

? about Optics Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   AC/SS 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:12 AM

Any suggestions, options for mounting a scope on my Super Stock? It's probably going to have to be offset, I know. I'd like some opinions/options from some of you. Also, some pics would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

#2 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:37 AM

scopes, as a rule, are unnecessary in paintball. the furthest your shot will travel is 200 feet, and after the first 50 it's not going to be all that precise. maybe a red dot or something, but even then, most guys who've played for awhile "aim by zen". you shoot the gun enough, you've got a pretty good idea of where your shots are gonna go.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#3 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Sorry what I did only works on 03 and VF models
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#4 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

It would probably involve milling the body somehow to attach it, or a lot of super glue...either way wouldn't look very good IMO.

#5 User is offline   B.S. Rastamon 

• Da Pizza making Sniper m on
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DABENZ

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:31 AM

View Postthebostinian, on Jun 13 2008, 11:37 AM, said:

scopes, as a rule, are unnecessary in paintball. the furthest your shot will travel is 200 feet, and after the first 50 it's not going to be all that precise. maybe a red dot or something, but even then, most guys who've played for awhile "aim by zen". you shoot the gun enough, you've got a pretty good idea of where your shots are gonna go.

he has a point about Scopes are not that useful in paintball. a closed tube red dot sight would be the more effective and more practical than scopes. the zen aiming thing comes with time like bostinian said.

I like cookies

#6 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

The real issue is that a Superstock has no rail, anywhere. Only thing I could think of is a barrel-mounted Weaver-style rail, like they make for all those mil-sim aggletts. Then, you could mount a Red Dot on the rail, for those one-ball attempts. But yeah, definitely 9 times outta 10, I aim by zen. I'm at the point where I aim my Sterling by feel alone, and get oneballs on runners, but that's mostly because I took a lens hit to my dot sight last time I played. Which sucks, cuz on a pump they're much more useful.

Thing is, though, with my pump I was a better shot with the sight. With my cockers, I've never even considered a sight, except for intimidation purposes. By the second shot, I'm always on target. Practice, practice, practice.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#7 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:38 AM

I really like the red dot on mine for night games, it makes hitting people in complete darkness so much easier.

For day games its basicly for looks, most the time durning the day (if I have it mounted) I don't even turn it on and sight down the barrel throught it.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#8 User is offline   AC/SS 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

Well, I already have a red dot sight which I use with my other marker (Tippy 98, w/ FL) and I have had good success using the red dot. However, I have noticed like flyweightnate pointed out that there is no "easy" way to mount it on the SS.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users