Special Ops Paintball: How to use First strike Rounds in a different gun+How to make your own - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to use First strike Rounds in a different gun+How to make your own What would you need/ Brainstorm

#1 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

OK, so I haven't been in the game for a while, but I've been doing alot of custom-motorized bicycle building, and love building/fabricating things, so I figured I'd start a brainstorm thread on two questions:

How to modify ANY paintball gun to use FS rounds. Or at least pumps/semi's without eyes, etc...

My idea would be to take an older semi with a power feed, saw off said power feed, dremel out the feedport to be the shape of the FS round, and make a stick feed coming out the side at a slight angle (so the rounds will feed in with gravity and weld/braze it on. Anyone have other thoughts on it? I think making magazines would be difficult, which is why I'd avoid doing that. Unless Tiberius sells individual magazine components, in which case it might be doable.

As for making them, I was thinking about casting some sort of cup that would fit a paintball perfectly and be glued on with the smallest dab of superglue. I think conventional expoxy resin would be too hard/not biodegradable to be safe, can anyone else think of things that would be castable? I was thinking if there was some sort of bidegradeable plastic availible, or failing that using beeswax. Anyone know how corn starch works?
"A bad day of paintball is one where I never get hit. If I don't look like I got date-raped by an octopus by the end of the day, thats a bad thing."

So you want to know why it's called an A5?

If I could assemble a new regulator for a paintball gun, I could build a liver. How hard could it be?

Automaggot #79

I'll bet you $10 the above post is telling you to buy an automag.

#2 User is offline   ALIHISGREAT 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

I'm currently it the middle of a first strike project.

My plan:

1. Buy Trracer Pump
2. Buy first strike rounds
3. Mod Tracer feed to accept first strike rounds
4. Take off pump and fashion a bolt action system that hods the bolt back for loading
5. Buy stock
6. Go play

Simple!

look at this video for the general gist of what i hope to achieve but minus the stock, i am going for the light and functional look...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WOSasaCE-q4

oh and as for making your own... it realistically will be very very very hard to get consisten enough rounds to make it worthwhile.

This post has been edited by ALIHISGREAT: 17 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

#3 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

I always thought that it would be cool to modify one of the old SMG-60/68s to accept a spring fed magazine on the side in place of the stock strip-clip feed...

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

It's too bad the Nerf dart are so much smaller than a paintball, otherwise you could just buy an extra Vulcan feedbelt or two and load the FS rounds into that for the SMG68
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users