Special Ops Paintball: 82nd Airborne and 82nd Pathfinders - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

82nd Airborne and 82nd Pathfinders Oklahoma D-day 2010 Rate Topic: ***-- 2 Votes

#1 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:02 PM

Oklahoma D-day - June 2010

The biggest paintball event in the world. 800 acres, 4000 players, 40 tanks, heavy weapons,
anti tank weapons and more. A whole week of paintball.

It's a special event and the 82nd Airborne / 82nd Pathfinders are special, elite units.

Our numbers are limited. You have to be at least 15 to join and you'd best be in good physical
condition. You'll see intense action all over the field. You be part of one of the hardest hitting
units on the field. Literally "The Tip of the Spear"

If you want to play in the biggest, most unique event in the world - than that's Oklahoma D-day.
If you want to be part of the elite - than that's the 82nd Airborne. Join us if you can.

Posted Image
Steve Risken
2008 Allied Chief of Staff, Supreme Allied Command (COSSAC)
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#2 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

Bulldog (Henderson) is one of the Regiment Commanders within the 82nd and he nails it perfectly. We have a great time and play some very intense paintball. If you want to play with a great group of guys, have a blast, and be at the forefront of the biggest painball event in the world then the 82nd is it.

It's not for everyone. There is an age requirement of 15. You should be in decent shape. We hike all over the field taking the battle to the German side. We get dropped behind German lines and have to fight our way back to the bulk of the Allied units to acheive our objectives. The Germans will put they're best forces against the 82nd as they try to stop us from breaking through their lines. We'll be cut off, we could be surrounded or out numbered. It's great fun!
Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#3 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

82nd Airborne Recommended Equipment

There are pieces of gear that every member of the 82nd Airborne / 82nd Pathfinders will need to be successful on the D-Day battlefield. Some things are obvious, like a functioning paintball gun. Others are less so, like a watch or map. This list is intended to outline the key pieces of equipment that every member of the 82nd Airborne / 82nd Pathfinders should carry with them onto the field.

1) 82nd Uniform – One of the key aspects of the game is to maintain unit integrity throughout the game. We need to maintain unit mass to maintain effectiveness. The 82nd takes the field as a unit (0630/6:30 AM) and leaves the field as a unit (1700/5:00 PM). Your 82nd uniform helps make that happen, helps maintain unit cohesiveness and identify friend from foe. The 82nd uniform consists of recommended pants, t-shirt and armband. The 82nd Airborne’s recommended uniform is Woodland MARPAT BDU pants, 82nd t-shirt and arm band. Woodland MARPAT is easily found and works great in the woods and hills of Oklahoma. It’s not required but it is strongly recommended. Armbands are available from the 82nd HQ at the field. Shirt, pants and arm band; It will help you stay with your unit and help maintain unit integrity within the 82nd. It also lets our opponents know exactly who they are facing. Treat or spray your uniform to keep ticks off you. There are plenty of ticks at the field. Remember. We fight as a unit. We take the field as a unit and we leave the field as a unit. It also lets our opponents know exactly who they are facing.

2) Properly working paintball gun and hopper – Make sure your gun is working 100%. Replace “O” rings, lube if required. Understand your weapon completely, make sure every screw it tight. If your gun uses batteries make sure it has new batteries and they are properly installed. Make sure your hopper has new batteries and is properly secured to your gun. If your gun goes down you let down your unit. A backup gun and hopper, ready to go, back at camp is a nice option.

3) HPA or CO2 Air Tanks – The 82nd is often tasked with missions and objectives that are far from reliable resupply for long periods of time. A large air tank is recommended. Many people carry a back-up air tank, especially if using CO2. It is usually easier to find HPA refills versus CO2 on the field, so a backup bottle for CO2 is more critical. Carry back-up “O” rings as well.

4) Ammunition – You’ll need enough paint to take the battle to our opponents with speed and violence. You’ll need to balance the amount of paint you carry versus the weight. Carry a couple more pods than you have air to shot. You can resupply on the field with previously bought paintball tickets. The heat and humidity of Oklahoma causes plenty of fatigue and dehydration without overloading yourself.

5) Camelbak or other hydration bladder – This is a required piece of gear for all members of the 82nd Airborne when deployed to the field. A 3-liter bladder is recommended. The heat and humidity of Oklahoma will kick your @+:. Dehydration, heat exhaustion and heat stroke are all very real possibilities. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! Make sure your bladder and drinking tube are clean. Sports drinks will foul your bladder if not properly cleaned.

6) Watch – The D-day game is scored on points for securing or controlling specific objectives at specific times. You need to know the time in order to know where you should be and what you should be doing. It’s a key piece of gear to help you rally, and coordinate movement and attacks. Synchronize your watch before taking the field carry enough paint for the entire day. Most members of the 82nd stay on the field all day.

15) A few bucks - Some dead zones have food or drink for sale. A few dollars are easy to carry and a quick snack or drink just might be what it takes to keep you hydrated and on the field. Bulk water, to refill your hydration bladder, is available at many locations on the field at no charge.

16) Radio w/headset – FRS radios are great to keep you in touch with your squad, regiment and our division. Most are 22 channels with 38 sub tones. A good headset will greatly enhance the usefulness of your radio. Make sure it has fresh batteries. Figure out how and where you will carry the radio. Practice with it before Saturday’s game. Some leaders within the 82nd will also be using VHF radios and will also need a good method to mount them to your gear.

17) Goggles - Make sure your goggles are in good shape with good lens. Anti-fog spray, new battery for the fan, might be appropriate for your goggles.

18) Snacks – nuts, granola bars, beef jerky, dried fruit or power bars. Whatever will help you stay on the field.

7) Compass – The D-day field is large, rugged and dense. That makes it easy to get lost or confused, even for veterans. We may very well be mis-dropped in small groups or with other units in 2010. The 82nd is often required to be deep in the woods, and moving where there are few trails or roads. A small lightweight compass can make it much easier for you to link back up with your unit, direct your troops to the proper locations, or communicate information.

8) Boots - not tennis shoes. The D-day field is rugged and littered with sharp, loose rocks. You need a good pair of comfortable, broken-in boots. You do not need, or want, insulated boots. You want boots with good ankle support.

9) Smoke Grenades - 1 or 2 are recommended. They’re big and you’ll need to figure out where and how to carry them, but they are extremely useful. The 82nd uses lots of them.

10) Rags or towels – You’ll need something to cleanup and wipe off when you’re in the DZ. Remember you’ll be out there all day, you may need more than one.

11) D-day Map – The field is large. You need to know where you are, where you need to be, and how you are going to get there. It will help you locate dead zones and resupply points. The field will see big changes in 2010 of objective locations, points and times. You’ll need your map to link back up with the 82nd or lead your teammates to the next objective. Laminate it, print it on waterproof paper, or keep it in a plastic bag. The humidity will destroy it otherwise.

12) Points/objectives/times card – Points, objectives and times will all have major changes in 2010. You’ll need this to understand the game flow and know where to be and at what time. This is a critical tool when combined with your Op order. Laminate it, print it on waterproof paper, or keep it in a plastic bag. The humidity will destroy it otherwise.

13) Squeegee – Your choice, there are many styles. But have a secure, easy access location for it.

14) Paint tickets - This is your only means of resupplying ammunition (paint) on the field. You must buy these beforehand (Friday or earlier). A plastic bag will help keep them secure and dry. You can’t
Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#4 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:01 AM

16) Radio w/headset – FRS radios are great to keep you in touch with your squad, regiment and our division. Most are 22 channels with 38 sub tones. A good headset will greatly enhance the usefulness of your radio. Make sure it has fresh batteries. Figure out how and where you will carry the radio. Practice with it before Saturday’s game. Some leaders within the 82nd will also be using VHF radios and will also need a good method to mount them to your gear.

You really should switch from FRS to eXRS.

http://www.trisquare.us/exrs.htm

With FRS, there is massive "bleed" on channels. I know at the last scenario I played about 250 people and the FRS radios were useless. There are less than 100 channels (You typically can only use 22 channels, because not all radios have the sub-channels) and you have 5000 players. Do the math.

Rather by using the eXRS, you have 10 Billion (With a :P channels. This means that you can have over 100K people before bleedthrough is a problem, plus privacy is nearly 100%.

Now, you might complain about the price, but you shouldn't.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=...IwAg#scoring=tp

About $35 each radio is not bad for the massive jump in technology that you are getting.

Check out the reviews: http://www.trisquare.us/media.htm

I have two radios and I love them.

I hope that paintball makes them standard (outside of the VHF and UHF radios that leaders typically use).

#5 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:35 PM

Scarecrow leads 325th Glider Infantry Regiment (GIR). It's one of the regiments within the 82nd. But I'm sure he's the only one leading a regiment who has actually served in both the British Airborne and the US Airborne. There's a lot of great leadership on both sides. Scarecrow is one of them.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VWZGbm4H5W8

The 325th GIR is one of the 5 regiments within the 82nd:

• 504th Pathfinders
  • 505th PIR
  • 507th PIR
  • 508 PIR
  • 325th GIR

Register for the 82nd Airborne and then we'll put you in the regiment of your choice. If you have questions let me know at srisken623@aol.com

Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#6 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:04 AM

2010 should indeed be great. This year the 82nd has been tasked with one of the coolest, most unique missions and objectives on the field. It's brand new. At game on at 0900, 25 members of the 82nd Airborne Division / 82nd Pathfinders will start in possession of the church at Colleville. The church is fairly new, and huge. Two stories and about 30'x60'. Our objective is to hold the church until 1030. Points will be awarded at 1000 and 1030. Once again the 82nd will be cut-off, out numbered and surrounded...just how we like it. Target rich, and we can shoot in any direction! Meanwhile the rest of the 82nd will be fighting like heck to link up with own surrounded airborne troops.

Come join us for the fun!

Register here, register now:

http://ddayadventurepark.com/store/index.p...;products_id=21

http://ddayadventurepark.com/store/index.p...;products_id=22

Posted Image
Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#7 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

Posted Image

Photo is of the church and adjacent buildings. The church mission is shaping up to be one of the best of the year. Come join us before it's too late.
Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#8 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

This has become the most exciting mission of the game, and one of the best missions of the past many years.

It's time to register now. Deadlines are approaching, as they do every year. Don't wait and lose your chance to pick your unit.

Remember the 82nd isn't for everyone. It's an elite unit.

You need to be at least 15 years old. You need to be prepared to hump large areas of the field with all your gear. Expect it to be hot, humid and tough. But remember, the rest of the Allied forces are counting on the 82nd. Meanwhile the German Army wil throw everything they can to stop us. We'll be behind German lines, cutoff and outnumbered. If this is your idea of fun, if you want to play in an elite unit, come join us.

Do it now. Here's the direct link to register for the 82nd.

http://ddayadventurepark.com/store/index.p...;products_id=21
Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#9 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

Deadlines and cut off dates are coming soon. Historically the cut off date to pick your unit is around the 1st week of April. That's coming up real fast. Don't get left behind.
Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#10 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

View PostTim Burton, on Dec 24 2009, 04:01 AM, said:

You really should switch from FRS to eXRS.

http://www.trisquare.us/exrs.htm

With FRS, there is massive "bleed" on channels. I know at the last scenario I played about 250 people and the FRS radios were useless. There are less than 100 channels (You typically can only use 22 channels, because not all radios have the sub-channels) and you have 5000 players. Do the math.

Rather by using the eXRS, you have 10 Billion (With a :D channels. This means that you can have over 100K people before bleedthrough is a problem, plus privacy is nearly 100%.

Now, you might complain about the price, but you shouldn't.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=...IwAg#scoring=tp

About $35 each radio is not bad for the massive jump in technology that you are getting.

Check out the reviews: http://www.trisquare.us/media.htm

I have two radios and I love them.

I hope that paintball makes them standard (outside of the VHF and UHF radios that leaders typically use).

There's a lot to be said for these radios. You just have to get a large group of peple to switch. They're perfect for intra squad communications
Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#11 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

Here's the official announcement from Peggy

http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/forums/sh...read.php?t=2179

I am just as excited as all of you for June to get here and every day when I come into my office and print out your registrations, I get excited all over again! I want to make sure that each and every one of you has the best time at Oklahoma D-Day EVER! That is why I work so hard at keeping the units at their proper ratios and seeing that they fill up evenly in order to have a balanced game. I discuss this regularly with the Supreme Allied Command Staff and the German High Command Staff and we all agree that there comes a time that we have to close the unit choice in the best interests of ALL PLAYERS.

I have been busy adding and calculating the unit numbers and I have decided that I will need to close the unit choice on this Monday. We have a few units real close to filling up and there are some of our units that need more players to keep things even. You have the rest of the weekend to be GUARANTEED your unit choice. This does not mean that you will NOT be placed in the unit that you want, it just means that you MIGHT be placed elsewhere if your FIRST CHOICE is full.

Please be sure and indicate on your registration your first and second choices in the comment box if you are registering AFTER Monday.

Also, I would like to let you know the units that are close to filling up.

Once again, the 101st Airborne Pathfinders are in the lead with just a very few spots left available! I'm sure that very soon, congratulations will be in order for Chris Wacaster and his team again this year.

Right behind them are the 82nd Airborne Pathfinders and the Allied's NEWEST unit, the Office of Strategic Services! Great going, Eric "Godfather" Winters and Kelly Corean!

The leading unit for the Axis ArmeeKorps is the 352nd Infanterie Division. Hats off to Tyler "Voodoo" Dolinger!

There is still room in:

If you have NOT made a decision on what unit you want to play with, some of the units that could use you the most are the German 716th and 709th and the Allied 1st …. All of these are infantry units looking for newbies and seasoned players that are up for the challenge!

As always, you can reach me at registration@ddayadventurepark.com if you have any questions about registering for Oklahoma D-Day 2010"
Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users