• You cannot reply to this topic

SP-8? Is it worth it?

#1 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wags

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

I've been kinda intrested in the Smart parts SP-8 for awhile now. Is it a good marker? Why should I buy it?
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#2 User is offline   nvghostrider 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:nvghostrider

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

Depends. If you have previous experience with Smart Parts markers, don't mind a longer assembly/disassembly process, have the time and money to fix broken feednecks and body panels, and have a backup marker or two, sure. I've been running with mine for three years and despite those issues still prefer it over the A'5s I shot years before. Though less sturdy, it is so much more efficient in terms of accuracy, speed, and efficiency. It is a matter of learning to maintain and diagnose issues, and adjusting play style. If games seem closer and faster I use the SP1, Blackcell Ion, or Automag. If I get long shots, viable cover and concealment, and numerous targets then it is game on with the SP8.

Honestly it is the marker that is the least well rounded in my kit. My SP8 only gets used every few months. I still shoot it, and I scare the doo doo out of new and less experienced players when I run demos for loaders and such, but it is way too bulky and fragile for hard and close in play. I would recommend the SP1 over the SP8 to most players.

Hope that helps.
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys."

Feedback thread:
http://forum.moatipa...howtopic=172471

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users