Special Ops Paintball: Q loader for Tippmann A-5 or No - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Q loader for Tippmann A-5 or No Give me your opinion. Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Q loader for Tippmann A-5 or No (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Q loader for the Tippmann A-5

1. Yes! (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No! (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Im not sure? (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

the cyclone feed mounts on the right side. I thought you had to break it, a buddy of mine took his off for a project gun. Now that I think about it, I even think it was for a qloader....
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#17 User is offline   CrazyGatorFan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ryan Patrick

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Ah yea.. Sounds about right.. if you would ask your buddy how his q loader was on his A-5(if he got it)..I would really appreciate it..just trying to get more info so i can see all the upps and downs about it..then i can figure out if i wanna buy it

#18 User is offline   CrazyGatorFan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

@ Cuy'val Dar ---Umm i have this cheap agitated hopper called : VL Quantum ..Its a cheap 20$ when i was starting out at paintball...Do u think that will work..included that I mod the hose?

#19 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

View PostCrazyGatorFan, on 28 July 2011 - 01:16 AM, said:

@ Cuy'val Dar ---Umm i have this cheap agitated hopper called : VL Quantum ..Its a cheap 20$ when i was starting out at paintball...Do u think that will work..included that I mod the hose?

Yes, what you would be doing is feeding the tube to the wind attachment
The benefit of the agitated hopper is it will keep paintballs going to the hose while you wind to load each QPod
A gravity hopper or the silo can get gaps if the balls fail to drop. If you are paying attention and watching the hose you will notice gaps and shake it yourself or pause winding
If you don't notice then you end up with gaps in the QPod. When you the shoot paintballs the gaps will cause the QPod to accelerate it's spin and the next paintball is launched in the tube towards the marker.
This will not usually be a problem for a gap of one unless the paint is fragile, but if the gap is too big you will get bursts in the loaders hose

#20 User is offline   CrazyGatorFan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

View PostTommikka, on 28 July 2011 - 02:57 AM, said:

View PostCrazyGatorFan, on 28 July 2011 - 01:16 AM, said:

Yes, what you would be doing is feeding the tube to the wind attachment
The benefit of the agitated hopper is it will keep paintballs going to the hose while you wind to load each QPod
A gravity hopper or the silo can get gaps if the balls fail to drop. If you are paying attention and watching the hose you will notice gaps and shake it yourself or pause winding
If you don't notice then you end up with gaps in the QPod. When you the shoot paintballs the gaps will cause the QPod to accelerate it's spin and the next paintball is launched in the tube towards the marker.
This will not usually be a problem for a gap of one unless the paint is fragile, but if the gap is too big you will get bursts in the loaders hose

Ok thanks..that helps me

#21 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:27 PM

well he kept his A-5 q-loaded, since it was set up to play like a Longbow (sniper). He bought an Etek shortly after he modded his A-5, and he usually played with the Etek over the A-5 unless he wanted to play sneaky. It's not a good setup for longer scenario games, IMO, only due to the amount of effort it takes to reload the q-pods, unless you are running with a lot of q-pods. Also, Q-pods are slightly larger and may not fit into regular pod packs/vests. I'm pretty sure SO vests with take q-pods just fine though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#22 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:12 AM

As a Q-loader user, i have some tips for you.

I own 2 Tippmann 98's and an A-5. I wouldn't go for the q-loader on the a5, well, because the cyclone is kind of why you go with an a5...Now if your going for a more conservative shooter role, then q-pods are great.

I like them because:
1, they are quiet. No ball rattle like a conventional hopper.
2, they load FAST. The faster you fire, the faster it loads.
3, virtually eliminates ball chops, due to the load speed.
4, upside down/sideways loading, when you are crawling around, and find yourself with an attack of opportunity, but your gun is sideways due to how you may be holding it, popping the gun vertical could give that surprise element away, with the q-loader, you have a constant feed, no matter how your gun is angled. :).
5, helps create lower profile on your gun. i have mine mounted along my scope on the right side, no more giant hopper sticking up towards the front of my gun. With my gillie, i can easily pull my hood over, or wrap the gun with gillie and create a more deceiving profile.
6, qloader backs all of their products with a lifetime warranty, i broke a plastic piece trying to take my pods apart (i did it improperly) and all i have to do is send it in, and they send you back a replacement, just pay the shipping (i have yet to send it in...i'm lazy sometimes :-P)

Cons of the q-loader:

1, you have to find the right spring tension, this is trial and error, but once you get it right, it is nice.
2, you essentially carry less rounds. q-pods are pricey, i have 5(1 has a broken piece) so now i have 4...400 rounds with my q-loader setup. Other hoppers hold 200, and then you can have 140rnd pods...not good for a gunner setup, but assault/sniper/maybe dagger is ideal.
3, load time does take time! my buddies are constantly waiting for me to load my pods. My advice, ditch the loader they provide you, and attach a force fed hopper directly to the loading "crank" assembly. The reason it takes a while to load is because you can get gaps in the tube if you crank the loader too fast...thus you notice q-pod users "shaking" their pods as they load (that's what i do since i use a gravity hopper) This is obviously MUCH slower than pouring 100-140 rnds into a standard pod.
4, q-pod price $20ish new each pod, vs standard 100rnd pods $1-$2 new. Or free with purchases of packs or whatever...

My verdict:

If you play sniper/assault/dagger this is a great loader. Or if you want to keep up with your guns full auto features, use it, it will keep up with your fire rate.

If you prefer to go more heavy gunner, and need to carry a lot of ammo, stick with an A-5 or equivalent and use the cyclone system. You can carry more ammo, and it will keep your overall cost down. Besides, gunners aren't normally rolling around and noise isn't too much of an issue, since your blasting full auto anyway...

I love both systems, just know how and when to use them and you will love them too! :)

hope this helps at all? any questions about the q-loader, let me know.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by alexspawn3000: 31 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users