Special Ops Paintball: Fusion 7 vs. Ultralite 7 (SpecOps Digi) - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fusion 7 vs. Ultralite 7 (SpecOps Digi) I'm on the verge of ordering!

#1 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

I was about to order my custom stuff, MOLLE Vest and possibly Fusion/etc camo...but I was wondering what the difference between the Fusion 7 and Ultralite 7 pants is?

Also, seeing as there are only limited sizes available for each, would it be ill advised to get "Small" pants if I am towards to high end of the Waist Size ranges (Ie. I wear 34" jeans but need a belt, so I'm proably 33 ish...but I have THUNDER THIGHS)?

Marauder/Fusion Ultralite Chart ... Small = 30"-35" Waist // 32" Inseam

Fusion Chart... Small = 28"-33" Waist // 30" Inseam

Anyways, due to waist size alone Ultralite may be a better choice but functionally, what makes the Fusion pants "better"? Are they? Because they cost about $25 more! (Also, my actual pant length is 34"-36" depending on brand so I expect the 32" inseam is also a better choice)

Or are the Fusion X's that much better? I didn't see them at first as they were at the bottom of the camo page :facepalm:

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 17 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

#2 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

The Fusion X Pants were designed specifically and purposefully to be "The Best Paintball Pants Available" and I will put them up against ANYTHING on the market. No other brand can match the combined breathability, padding, comfort, and durability of them.

All of that being said, since they are the "New Hotness", they are considerably more expensive than our older lines (Fusion 7 and Ultralite 7).

Of those 2, the Fusion 7's are more similar to "Speedball" style pants while the Ultralites are made entirely from Athletic sports mesh (football jersey material) and allow more air-flow than any other pant.

Both are designed to be loose and baggy so as long as the waist is good, then the rest of you should fit :) Keep in mind, the size ranges we provide are actual measurements as opposed to "American Sizing" like you'd find on jeans. American sizing typically makes it seem like our waists are smaller than they are.

#3 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

Thats kinda weird cuz I ordered the old under-armor esque shirts from you guys in a medium and it fit on me like a size small. I own a similar item from REI that is size small and it fits me very well. Can you check into more accurate size ranging next time and provide a better sizing chart on the SO store page with sizes for all your shirts, jerseys and pants. All I see on the page is vest and pant sizes.

PS the shirt was long sleeved and was too short shoulder to waist by about 2 inches (im 5'11), too short from shoulder to wrist by 1.5 inches (my arm is 23 inches) and it was too small on my chest (I have a 34 inch chest). Im gonna add I got this order on your ACU Bundle and the marauder pants fit very well, the only thing I don't like is the shirt. Im gonna see if I can find a trade for that somewhere in the Forums or sell it for a couple of quick ones. Just wanna let you know of the little problem.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#4 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

View Postedtoro, on Feb 17 2010, 09:46 PM, said:

Thats kinda weird cuz I ordered the old under-armor esque shirts from you guys in a medium and it fit on me like a size small. I own a similar item from REI that is size small and it fits me very well. Can you check into more accurate size ranging next time and provide a better sizing chart on the SO store page with sizes for all your shirts, jerseys and pants. All I see on the page is vest and pant sizes.

PS the shirt was long sleeved and was too short shoulder to waist by about 2 inches (im 5'11), too short from shoulder to wrist by 1.5 inches (my arm is 23 inches) and it was too small on my chest (I have a 34 inch chest). Im gonna add I got this order on your ACU Bundle and the marauder pants fit very well, the only thing I don't like is the shirt. Im gonna see if I can find a trade for that somewhere in the Forums or sell it for a couple of quick ones. Just wanna let you know of the little problem.

Undercover shirts aren't meant as tee shirts. They are actually "Compression Shirts". They are meant to fit very snug for blood flow reasons which help keep you warm in the cold weather and cool in hot weather. They were sized following exactly to the sizing of the primary compression shirt maker at the time.

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:23 AM

View PostMOATI, on Feb 17 2010, 07:35 PM, said:

The Fusion X Pants were designed specifically and purposefully to be "The Best Paintball Pants Available" and I will put them up against ANYTHING on the market. No other brand can match the combined breathability, padding, comfort, and durability of them.

All of that being said, since they are the "New Hotness", they are considerably more expensive than our older lines (Fusion 7 and Ultralite 7).

Of those 2, the Fusion 7's are more similar to "Speedball" style pants while the Ultralites are made entirely from Athletic sports mesh (football jersey material) and allow more air-flow than any other pant.

Both are designed to be loose and baggy so as long as the waist is good, then the rest of you should fit :tup: Keep in mind, the size ranges we provide are actual measurements as opposed to "American Sizing" like you'd find on jeans. American sizing typically makes it seem like our waists are smaller than they are.

What I was somewhat concerned about as well was how the camouflage holds up on the Fusion X's...seeing as (especially so for the pants) there are those areas that are just plain black or gray...

Anyone attest to how well they work camouflage-wise?

#6 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:49 AM

View Postcdrinkh20, on Feb 18 2010, 02:23 AM, said:

Both are designed to be loose and baggy so as long as the waist is good, then the rest of you should fit :) Keep in mind, the size ranges we provide are actual measurements as opposed to "American Sizing" like you'd find on jeans. American sizing typically makes it seem like our waists are smaller than they are.

What I was somewhat concerned about as well was how the camouflage holds up on the Fusion X's...seeing as (especially so for the pants) there are those areas that are just plain black or gray...

look at my sig, i did a review on the fusion x. go ahead, click, watch, enjoy, and give Moati your money =P

btw MOATI you just gave me an idea...

also the Fusion X is more breathable then any football jersey i have....

This post has been edited by SO45615: 18 February 2010 - 09:21 AM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

View PostSO45615, on Feb 18 2010, 01:49 AM, said:

View Postcdrinkh20, on Feb 18 2010, 02:23 AM, said:

look at my sig, i did a review on the fusion x. go ahead, click, watch, enjoy, and give Moati your money =P

btw MOATI you just gave me an idea...

also the Fusion X is more breathable then any football jersey i have....

Curses! It doesn't look as silly as I thought :( there goes all my hard earned student funds :)

EDIT: All I have to say is curse having an exchange rate -_- and I can't wait to see what customs charges me!

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 18 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

#8 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

I have Fusion 7s and the Ultralites.

My Fusions hold up amazing but I love the breathability of the Ultralights. It is like wearing nothing. It's great.

Either pats are great, but go with what you will most be doing:

Fusions: Going through thorn type bushes, intense crawling, sliding/diving

Ultralite: Super comfy, Mild sliding, Amazing Breathability

#9 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Feb 18 2010, 09:52 PM, said:

I have Fusion 7s and the Ultralites.

My Fusions hold up amazing but I love the breathability of the Ultralights. It is like wearing nothing. It's great.

Either pats are great, but go with what you will most be doing:

Fusions: Going through thorn type bushes, intense crawling, sliding/diving

Ultralite: Super comfy, Mild sliding, Amazing Breathability

Problem: Only had smalls and XL's in the colours I liked :P so I got the Fusion X's and spent waaaaay too much lol
Its kind of good I figured that out though because in American Jean Sizes the smalls potentially fit, but my waist is actually 2-3 inches larger

#10 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

seriously though the breathe ability of the Fusion X makes the NFL jerseys look like kids clothing...
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users