• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

lightning or superbolt Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   psycho91 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:42 AM

ok so i was looking to get a new cocker and i was looking at the lightning and the superbolt cockers alot of people say they are no good so i figured id get yalls opinion on this subject

#2 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:50 AM

I have two superbolt cockers that I made into good markers. One has a WWA premium sniper pump kit with a 12 gram changer and the other has a custom made delrin bolt with a full palmers front block setup.

The stock psychobalistics cockers are horrible. The rams, and 3 way leak and the only way to get a new bolt is to have one custom made for it.

If you do get one I suggest getting the superbolt as it is cheaper and then have it half blocked and get a full palmers front block setup for it and it will be a pretty good marker.
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#3 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• Born in the USSR, I have no country to call my own
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Side-Swipe

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

headhunter2, on Apr 21 2009, 07:50 AM, said:

I have two superbolt cockers that I made into good markers. One has a WWA premium sniper pump kit with a 12 gram changer and the other has a custom made delrin bolt with a full palmers front block setup.

The stock psychobalistics cockers are horrible. The rams, and 3 way leak and the only way to get a new bolt is to have one custom made for it.

If you do get one I suggest getting the superbolt as it is cheaper and then have it half blocked and get a full palmers front block setup for it and it will be a pretty good marker.

Actually Sanchez machine did a run of Superbolt delrin bolts

#4 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

They still sell those google superbolt delrin bolt.

I love my superbolt, once you turn it into a pump all the problems are null.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#5 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

If you don't feel like tracking down a twist lock bolt, you can just buy a back block and buy any old 2K+ bolt. Thats what I was planning for mine.

I am PayPal Verified.

#6 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

They're garbage when stock. Unless you have a bunch of money to buy after market parts, don't get one. The only reason a lot of people buy them is for the bodies. I got a superbolt, got the body halfblocked and midgeted, and upgraded everything. It did not have one stock thing, except for the frame (yeah the frame is decent on the superbolt).

Even if you do pump it, mini pump kits are pretty expensive, depending on who you buy from.

#7 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:29 AM

Yeah the stock superbolt is a massive disappointment. It leaks from every where and its rather noisy. I bought the 2 I did because a friend picked them up in a trade and wanted 100.00 for the pair. I have big plans for both these markers. I have already put a pump kit on one and plan to have both halfblocked. The other I plan to put a full palmers front end on and maybe even e blade it or just leave it a nice Mech.
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#8 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:43 AM

CertifiedPaintballer, on Apr 22 2009, 10:04 PM, said:

They're garbage when stock. Unless you have a bunch of money to buy after market parts, don't get one. The only reason a lot of people buy them is for the bodies. I got a superbolt, got the body halfblocked and midgeted, and upgraded everything. It did not have one stock thing, except for the frame (yeah the frame is decent on the superbolt).

Even if you do pump it, mini pump kits are pretty expensive, depending on who you buy from.

Yeah, I forgot about the price. I dropped Damn near $100 for my WWA pump kit. But I think it's worth it. And the body is exactly why I got mine, it's so pretty, lol.

Certified- what's you do for the valve, I thought about getting a new valve but i;ve heard of problems with tolerances and figured with a pump the stock valve would be fine.

#9 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

I know that I had to get new valves for both mine when I got them. I hocked up my LP tank to the markers to make sure they worked and it blew the valve in them both. Wish I could remember where I got the aftermarket valves for them but its been awhile and it was a vendor at the shop where I worked.

Only drawback to the superbolt is that it does not have an auto trigger. This is not a bad thing unless you put a pump kit on it and want to do the whole hold down the trigger and just work the pump action.

#10 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

you can get autotrigger from ccm though I believe.

#11 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

well, if u are planning on keeping it semi, id say superbolt. but, they do have a lot of leakeage problems, at leat from my experience with them. But, if u want to pump it and modify it ( en expensive task in its own right) id say lightening. still, bot have their drawbacks. your choice.
The Free 19th.

#12 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

People are ignoring the most pressing issue: the bodies are JUNK. I think 2011 alloy would be an improvement. The screws are tapped 10-24 to compensate, but this just makes the threads weaker (if less likely to cross-thread) thus exacerbating the issue. Add a poor tolerance on the body, especially for valve depth, and weak anodizing, and it becomes a money-pit.

Get a body from IISports, work from there.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#13 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

I agree with flyweightnate. For the money you could always just invest in a raw body that is already halfblocked and will take WGP Valves and parts as opposed to the Lighting or superbolts that are not so great. If you really want a superbolt then shoot me a pm and I will do you a good deal on either a finished pump or a semi that is in need of a new home and some upgrading.

#14 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

Tu_Padre, on Apr 24 2009, 08:43 AM, said:

Certified- what's you do for the valve, I thought about getting a new valve but i;ve heard of problems with tolerances and figured with a pump the stock valve would be fine.

I bought a CCM lower tube kit...but I never really got the gun working...I wanted some other stuff so I just decided to sell everything :D So, I'm not sure if the CCM valve would of worked out or not.

This post has been edited by CertifiedPaintballer: 18 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users