Special Ops Paintball: Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1 - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1 Something better than FireFox?

#106 User is offline   quette4000 

• Hellions
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Quette

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:43 PM

View Postsartek, on May 10 2006, 04:07 PM, said:

under each Accessory model is the option to buy it for a specific radio brand. the reason they do this is because not all radios use the same wiring order or plug type.

As for being able to use the accessory with different radio models made by the same company: yes, you should be able to on the majority of radios out there. Some have changed their accessory pins, but they generally make major changes to the radios when they do that.

Thanks Sartek
Hellions Tactical Paintball Team
www.hellions.net
IPB Image

#107 User is offline   spudcrazy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spudcrazy

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:09 PM

This is a strange request, but Sartek, can you post or PM me a picture of the IXRadio throat mic around your neck. My neck measures in at 17" (just like you said yours is) and the transducers sit pretty far back behind my trachea. Using my daughter as a tester, she said I was REAL "staticy" when I talked. And she sounded quite muffled in the earpiece. (I'm using Motorola Talkabout 5500's). Thanks....

#108 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SARTEK

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:47 PM

Yeah, I can take a pic for you. FYI the trick is to offest the throatmic. I generally have the transducer without the earpiece sitting just to the side of my trachea, while the second one that has the ear piece attached sits to the side of my neck.

Something to make sure of is that it's not curled too tight. too much pressure on the transducers and everything gets muffled. really badly. there shoudl be just enough pressure to hold it in place, almost like you have a finger resting against your throat continuously.

I've never heard of anyone getting "staticy" transmissions from a throat mic, or muffled reception. commonly, the earpiece in an acoustic earpiece has a very high treble output, so people tend to be very loud and clear, and sound almost tinny.
Staticy transmissions are generally caused by low transmission power, or interfering transmissions, and high gain on the reciever. the other common cause is a broken solder joint on the circuitry.

This post has been edited by sartek: 15 May 2006 - 12:50 PM

"I tinker, therefore I am" - Doc Nickel
DOT HazMat Geek, Airsmith, Tinkerer

#109 User is offline   dubfunkstar 

• Mr. Nasty
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:01 PM

Wnat to do your OWN review on a different product? Start YOUR OWN THREAD.

This post has been edited by Puzuma: 16 May 2006 - 05:36 PM

Posted Image
Smart parts Owner #92 FeedBack
PBNationFeedBack
I'm more fun then a pickle

#110 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ronin055

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:43 PM

Dude, thats not cool. If you want to do a product review, start your own thread. This is for a specific brand by a specific company.
Keven Cecil

Reno Pursuit Gamers Check out our Site for Northern Nevada paintball Games.

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

#111 User is offline   spudcrazy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:31 PM

View Postsartek, on May 15 2006, 12:47 PM, said:

Yeah, I can take a pic for you. FYI the trick is to offest the throatmic. I generally have the transducer without the earpiece sitting just to the side of my trachea, while the second one that has the ear piece attached sits to the side of my neck.

Something to make sure of is that it's not curled too tight. too much pressure on the transducers and everything gets muffled. really badly. there shoudl be just enough pressure to hold it in place, almost like you have a finger resting against your throat continuously.

I've never heard of anyone getting "staticy" transmissions from a throat mic, or muffled reception. commonly, the earpiece in an acoustic earpiece has a very high treble output, so people tend to be very loud and clear, and sound almost tinny.
Staticy transmissions are generally caused by low transmission power, or interfering transmissions, and high gain on the reciever. the other common cause is a broken solder joint on the circuitry.

A pic would be greatly appreciated...You can PM it to me, if you'd like. As far as a broken solder joint, do you mean in the transducer itself? FWIW, the "staticy" reception was on the end without the throat mic and earpiece. It was the side my daughter was holding. I was talking with the throat mic and she was listening in on my other talkie and she said it was very staticy. Then again, she's 10 and might be overly picky, like her dad ;) :wacko: :unsure: .

#112 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:36 PM

No.. the broken solder joints I was referring to generally occur in the radios themselves.

EDIT: In the pics I have below, I have the throat mic sitting about a 1/2in. low on my neck. For me, I know when I have it in the right place because it feels like someone is resting their finger on my adams apple.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by sartek: 08 June 2006 - 09:15 PM

#113 User is offline   dubfunkstar 

• Mr. Nasty
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:06 PM

View PostRonin055, on May 15 2006, 06:43 PM, said:

Dude, thats not cool. If you want to do a product review, start your own thread. This is for a specific brand by a specific company.

Thanks for the tip Ronin......I mean really that is a great idea.....but there is already a throat mic thing goingon here. and I thought what the hey..I will share my .2cents with the rest of the world! Im sorry you dont like that I posted here but oh well
Posted Image
PBNationFeedBack

#114 User is offline   gtkid1 

• PONCH
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PONCH

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:55 PM

View Postdubfunkstar, on May 16 2006, 03:06 PM, said:

View PostRonin055, on May 15 2006, 06:43 PM, said:

Thanks for the tip Ronin......I mean really that is a great idea.....but there is already a throat mic thing goingon here. and I thought what the hey..I will share my .2cents with the rest of the world! Im sorry you dont like that I posted here but oh well

good job

#115 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ronin055

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:31 PM

Yea there is a "throte mic thing" going on here. And its titled Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1[u]. Thus another product just confuses things.

Where as starting another thread instead of Spamming up someone elses would the the courtious thing to do. But your attitude seems to indicate that you dont want to be a courtious member of this forum. Real mature. nice.
Keven Cecil

Reno Pursuit Gamers Check out our Site for Northern Nevada paintball Games.

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

#116 User is offline   spudcrazy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:37 PM

View Postsartek, on May 15 2006, 09:36 PM, said:

No.. the broken solder joints I was referring to generally occur in the radios themselves.

Thanks again for the pics. I'll give that a try. And thanks for the awesome and thorough review of the product....

#117 User is offline   dubfunkstar 

• Mr. Nasty
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:06 AM

View PostRonin055, on May 16 2006, 05:31 PM, said:

Yea there is a "throte mic thing" going on here. And its titled Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1[u]. Thus another product just confuses things.

Where as starting another thread instead of Spamming up someone elses would the the courtious thing to do. But your attitude seems to indicate that you dont want to be a courtious member of this forum. Real mature. nice.

Hey man your the one making a deal about this.....but I will take your advice and start a new topic on the Iasus Sniper Pro....
Posted Image
PBNationFeedBack

#118 User is offline   Fets25 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fets25

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:55 PM

Which side is the transponder? the side with the wire for the earbud or the opposite side?

#119 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:09 PM

The XTM85R is a dual transducer throat mic. Both sides are pickups. It doesn't use an earbud either. It uses an acoustic tube earpiece.

(a transponder is a radio or radar transmitter-receiver activated for transmission by reception of a predetermined signal)

This post has been edited by sartek: 01 June 2006 - 08:11 PM

#120 User is offline   Fets25 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fets25

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, sorry. Poor choice of words for the "earbud". I got mine in the mail the other day and was messing around with it. I didn't realize it is a dual transduer. That is pretty sweet. So - since I have a large neck where should I place the pickups. Just make sure one is where it should be and not worry about the other? Place both as close to the front of my neck as possible?

Transducer/Transponder - I am not picky. lol - but I do appreciate the clarification/correction. Rather not sound dumb if I can help it.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users