• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Clearing buildings? Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#1 User is offline   Sieger 

• Those who adapt, survive...
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

Can anybody share some tips on clearing buildings and/or tight close bunkers? What methods do SWAT teams use, or SPEC OPS?

I'm sure grenades would be very useful, but what should you do if you don't have any? (I'm assuming you have a 3-6 player squad for the attack)

This post has been edited by Sieger: 06 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

#2 User is offline   hollywood11892 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hollywood11892

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

well if you can stack up on the door with out being noticed use hand signals so u dont make too much noise and it increases the shock and element of surprise. stack up on the door, go in hard and fast and shoot any thing in the room. And make sure when entering the room dont have your players cross in front of each other so they dont shoot each other. just what i know about room clearing.

This post has been edited by hollywood11892: 06 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

when in doubt empty the hopper.

#3 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

Your tactics are going to depend on the size of the building, number of defenders, and the basic floor plan (number of windows, doors, rooms, etc etc).

I've played games where the final battle of the day is in a village called the Ghost Town. There is only one building that is not attached and it can be very difficult moving up the hallways. You can receive fire from multiple angles.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#4 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

wow...here's something I'm GOOD at....lol. I made these in Paint quite a while back, perhaps they will help you some....

Room entry hotspots
Posted Image

Clearing hallways, you either use a "lateral support" assault style, where there are two rows of players along the walls and a point man in the center front. That point man identifies all openings or breeches in structure and directs that info to the lateral support behind him. There's also a rear guard that watches your 6.

If there's a doorway on the left, let's say, the left line clears that room while the right line and point man cover the hallway. If you team is made of say 10 players, you have

1 Point man
2 columns of 4, each left and right side
1 rear guard

in the scenario I described above of clearing a door/room on the left side, the left line enters the room. We will nmber the players in-line to make things easier...

1 enters doorway and sweeps left
2 enters room and sweeps right
3 and 4 sweep center, left and right respectively.

This has to be done FAST.boomboomboomboom. Think 'shock troop'

The pic I posted tells you your hottest zones in relation to how a door opens.

Green, yellow, orange, red is the color scheme I used to indicate areas cleared as your vision acquires it.

Since it has come up twice now, I'll make the following to make it easier on everyone...

Anyone and everyone may copy my rendering. If/when asked about it, please remember to use my name as it's creator. Thanks.

This post has been edited by druid: 06 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#5 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:03 PM

Druid thats a pretty helpful drawing actually. Would you mind if I made a copy of it to show to new players if they have questions?

#6 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

Do as above and make sure to lightly man possible exits. Use chaos to your advantage :laugh:
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#7 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

View PostSneaky Sir, on Dec 6 2008, 07:03 PM, said:

Druid thats a pretty helpful drawing actually. Would you mind if I made a copy of it to show to new players if they have questions?

No problem bud. Credit accordianly. Thanks.

This post has been edited by druid: 06 December 2008 - 05:51 PM

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#8 User is offline   Sieger 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

Wow Druid, that diagram is awesome.

Also, I'm a little confused in one of your explanations:
"If there's a doorway on the left, let's say"
"1 enters doorway and sweeps left"

I'm confused by what you mean by sweeping left. The wall would be directly to the left, so you wouldn't have any room to physically move to the left, you are forced to move straight ahaid or right. Did I just misinterpret what you said?

So generally you want the first people into the room to clear out the hotspots, and the people following to clean up on the easily visible parts of the room? That makes sense to me, but I'm just making sure I've got it right.

This post has been edited by Sieger: 06 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

#9 User is offline   Sieger 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on Dec 6 2008, 03:31 PM, said:

Your tactics are going to depend on the size of the building, number of defenders, and the basic floor plan (number of windows, doors, rooms, etc etc).

I've played games where the final battle of the day is in a village called the Ghost Town. There is only one building that is not attached and it can be very difficult moving up the hallways. You can receive fire from multiple angles.

That sounds like a very interesting game. Wish I could be there.

Lets use a hospital as an example for the room clearing explanations, and maybe 20-30 people spread out randomly through the building against your squad, and you only have six players.

What can you do if you are in formation and 2-3 people are shooting at you from another end of a hallway, but you don't have any cover. Would you just lay down as much paint as you possibly can and rush them?

#10 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

View PostSieger, on Dec 6 2008, 07:50 PM, said:

Wow Druid, that diagram is awesome. Is it all right with you if I print that out and use it for my own team strategies and to explain those concepts you mentioned?
Yes it is...just please remember to mention my name if reposting it elsewhere. Thanks.
Also, I'm a little confused in one of your explanations:
"If there's a doorway on the left, let's say"
"1 enters doorway and sweeps left"

I'm confused by what you mean by sweeping left. The wall would be directly to the left, so you wouldn't have any room to physically move to the left, you are forced to move straight ahaid or right. Did I just misinterpret what you said?

So generally you want the first people into the room to clear out the hotspots, and the people following to clean up on the easily visible parts of the room? That makes sense to me, but I'm just making sure I've got it right.

I quick whipped this up in Paint to illustrate what I mean. It was easier to show you than describe it. Again, feel free to use this, mention my name if you repost it somewhere else. Thanks.

Posted Image

As you can see, point and rear guard watch fore and aft the team. The right line of the lateral support remain in position to help any encounters in the hall. In this scenario, right column units 3 & 4 would help the rear guard cover the 6 and units 1 & 2 help point cover front. The teams on left, engage rooms on the left and the right engage rooms on the right.

When the right column engages a room on the right, the left column now behaves as I described the right column above.

This post has been edited by druid: 02 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

I got my OWN smiley...

#11 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

View PostSieger, on Dec 6 2008, 08:00 PM, said:

View PostKnightwolf16, on Dec 6 2008, 03:31 PM, said:

That sounds like a very interesting game. Wish I could be there.

Lets use a hospital as an example for the room clearing explanations, and maybe 20-30 people spread out randomly through the building against your squad, and you only have six players.

What can you do if you are in formation and 2-3 people are shooting at you from another end of a hallway, but you don't have any cover. Would you just lay down as much paint as you possibly can and rush them?

In that scenario, point, rear guard and two left and two right columns. Do the same thing but now point engages with the team entering the room and the opposite column now takes responsibility of the hallway.

On a left side room, Point and Unit 1 go left and right and units 2 & 3 cover centers
I got my OWN smiley...

#12 User is offline   Sieger 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:32 PM

So continuing from you diagram, would this be right for a door on the left side of the room?

Attached File  RoomEntry1.jpg (33.88K)
Number of downloads: 6

#13 User is offline   Sieger 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

I think I screwed up with the pointman in that picture, would he instead be taking yellow's place?

#14 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

That's essentially it. Remember ever situation must have a small measure of leeway because nothing ever goes 100% according to plan.
I got my OWN smiley...

#15 User is offline   Sieger 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

Well thank you for those explanations and the diagrams druid. :o

Does anybody have suggestions for getting through a long 40'+ hallway when the opposition is ahead of you and knows you are there? I know the obvious decision would be to take a different hallway, but what if thats not an option?

Should you stick with a two column + point and rear guard, or would it be better to get into one line so you at least have temporary cover from the pointman until he gets eliminated?

And once again, assume you can't use a paint grenade for whatever reason.

|............ | 40' |
|............ |-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|X
|............ Approach this direction --->
|............ |-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|X X
|............ | |

X's are oposing players
........... Are just spacers, I didn't know the BB code to ad spaces

This post has been edited by Sieger: 06 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users