Special Ops Paintball: Flamethrower - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flamethrower read post before answering poll plz Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Flames or not? (190 member(s) have cast votes)

Should their be flamethrowers?

1. Yes (64 votes [33.68%])

Percentage of vote: 33.68%

2. No (92 votes [48.42%])

Percentage of vote: 48.42%

3. Only on tanks (34 votes [17.89%])

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

View Posttankbuster, on Oct 27 2007, 10:34 AM, said:

i've heard talk about flamethrowers:basically huge water tanks filled to the brim with a nozzle to squirt.One of the problems is that rich ppl don't like getting their fancy equipment wet plz answer the poll

I can pretty much speak for everybody when I say that nobody wants to be completely soaked with bright orange paint. Not to mention the harm it can do to a lot of markers.

#32 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

nope, i would prefer not to have to spend an hour after a game cleaning my gun out after i get sprayed
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#33 User is offline   Gaston 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

Although it sounds awesome, and could in fact be very fun for the person who is in control of this 'flamethrower' for everyone else it'd... well suck. No one likes being wet when they aren't supposed to be and certainly not with paint. And really this sport although similar to war games can never really duplicate all the weapons actually used in real conflicts. Sure grenades are cool, Even rocket launchers and of course guns that can shoot 30+ balls per second, but leave it at that. There always seems to be people out there who want to better the game with some radical idea but lets stick with a sensible one folks. NO FLAMETHROWERS.

This post has been edited by Gaston: 10 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

#34 User is offline   Woodboss 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Woodboss69

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

I think we cant say no to flamethrowers outright but we must be able to control our technology one per side and if one gets close Ide send out a unit to make sure the slow guy with the water tank gets soaked first!Maybe even send a Nerf his way ever see a flamethrower explode? Such a mess...

#35 User is offline   wico90 

• Wico90
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WICO90/SNIPER90

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:44 AM

Think about it though, whats the difference between this and throwing a few paint grenades into a bunch of people?

#36 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:26 PM

its been done, my old team corporal punishment had them, we used to bring them to Invasion of Normandy at skirmish but it got to be too much a pain

if you want pictures and videos look on either the corporal punishment myspace or i believe the midnight raiders have a vid of it

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#37 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

View Postwico90, on Feb 11 2008, 11:44 AM, said:

Think about it though, whats the difference between this and throwing a few paint grenades into a bunch of people?

Throwing many paint grenades at someone is considered ill mannered unless it takes more than one to get them out? :D

#38 User is offline   wico90 

• Wico90
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WICO90/SNIPER90

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:36 AM

what i ment was that if people are fine with other people using grenades why wouldnt they like this

#39 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

View Postwico90, on Feb 12 2008, 06:36 AM, said:

what i ment was that if people are fine with other people using grenades why wouldnt they like this

A grenade will usually spray you a little. A "flameThrower" is like being sprayed with a garden hose.

#40 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

View PostOrpackrat, on Feb 12 2008, 10:58 AM, said:

View Postwico90, on Feb 12 2008, 06:36 AM, said:

A grenade will usually spray you a little. A "flameThrower" is like being sprayed with a garden hose.

Exactely!

#41 User is offline   JesterTLS 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:22 AM

My feelings, you should read the rules of the game. If it says flame throwers are in play or allowed, assume you will get hit with one. There for no one is mad, they knew it could happen.

I mean this is paintball. If your not willing to get dirty, I think you may be in the wrong sport.

Flame throwers add an additional ellement jsut like any thing else. I like stuff that adds more to the game. When I get my next tank built, or if I end up keeping my current tank, you can bet there will be a flame thrower on it. Granted, we will try to keep the spray not quiet as thick as some I have seen. And we will try to not just totally drench someone as well, unless its hot out. Then we would be assisting them with prevention of heat stroke.

This post has been edited by JesterTLS: 14 February 2008 - 02:25 AM

Team ODX (Operational Detachment X-Ray)
OSF Operator's Strike Force
www.scenariosupply.com www.cdpaintball.com

#42 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:05 PM

View PostJesterTLS, on Feb 14 2008, 02:22 AM, said:

My feelings, you should read the rules of the game. If it says flame throwers are in play or allowed, assume you will get hit with one. There for no one is mad, they knew it could happen.

I mean this is paintball. If your not willing to get dirty, I think you may be in the wrong sport.

Wow... how many fields will allow that? If no one wants to get soaked in paint, than business won't boom... hmmm...

#43 User is offline   Rymzor 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BONZA

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

if your the kind of person whos to lazy to clean your gun and wash your cammies then no. but if you dont mind getting dirty and taking the time to cleaning your stuff then i say yes

This post has been edited by Rymzor: 18 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

Come on guys hes only got a pump!

#44 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

View PostRymzor, on Feb 18 2008, 09:35 PM, said:

if your the kind of person whos to lazy to clean your gun and wash your cammies then no. but if you dont mind getting dirty and taking the time to cleaning your stuff then i say yes

:laugh:

#45 User is offline   drake 

• chucho el roto
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SWAMP TING

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:03 PM

Take surgical tubing (what ever length you want to carry ) block one end, tie rap the lower half of a ink pen to the other end. reduce size of garden hoes to fit the pen end ,turn on hose, fill surgical tube , when filled quick clamp end . you can get 30 to 40' sreem out of this
user posted image

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users