• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

dagger shoes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:17 AM

now i know that there were some topics that were discussion the different types of shoes that daggers could wear. but i was thinking about different footwear that would work better than any other shoe that we stated before. how about track spikes? they're very light, have the best traction out of anything, you can run in those things forever, and they're cheaper than some boots. now some people may say that "they dont have great support and may hurt your feet after a while" well my friend, there are different types of spikes that you can get. there are the short distance (100-400 meters) mid distance (400-800 meters) and long distance (800+). now that would give you a good selection because each one is different in other ways. like short is extremely light and is very flexible. the mid has good head support and is light. the long distance has great heel support, and is light as well. im just saying that you could get a set of spikes and get more traction than everybody else. what do you guys think about that?
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#2 User is offline   QUEEG 

• QUEEG 500/Scott Grieger/Z-Barf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUEEG 500

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:30 AM

Having never used spikes I can't give you a reliable opinion. I think they wouldn't be too useful in the woods because they are meant to be used on a track.
I wear a pair of Converse on the field, they don't make me any faster, but they do give me the mindset that I'm fast.
They also make me look kewl.

This post has been edited by QUEEG: 04 November 2007 - 07:32 AM

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.
PM Me if you want to know why my signature is legal...Its actually the most reported thing on the forum these days -Tenacious

#3 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:34 AM

I agree.
I have been useing the same pair of Converse Hi-tops for like 2 years now lol.
They are falling apart, and have 2 different color shoe strings, Neon Orange and Neon Green :cool:
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#4 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:42 AM

I've heard good things about the UnderArmour Cleats. They don't look like they have the hottest traction but, if you find yourself in clay and somewhat muddy conditions, they work great. Also, because of how soft the "cleats" are on the bottom, you can go over rocks and fallen trees and still have traction, unlike spikes where you'd have trouble on a mossy boulder.

#5 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:09 AM

I use wrestling shoes. They fit really good, and have great traction, ankle support, and I think I run faster in them than in cleats since they are so light.

#6 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:59 AM

well i use soccer cleats and they dont give me the edge or traction that i want. so i was wondering if somebody as used track spikes before. they would give you the best traction out of any shoe. or what i think
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

#7 User is offline   piccardalpha3 

• dragonzord pwns
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:piccardalpha3

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:02 AM

don't get basebalcleats that is what i used and it dosen't give good tractoin unless you are in soft mudy dirt

#8 User is offline   DvS21 

• Duct Tape; saving lives since 1942
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden21

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:06 AM

Well I'm a distance runner, and the only place where we use spikes is on the actual track. They are designed specifically to grip with the material that the oval track is made out of. Spikes anywhere else might be a pain, the spikes can be metal or rubber, so I guess you could fool around with them to get different effects, but I know that we didnt use spikes for cross country and not for road running either.... Well anywho good luck on it try it if you can afford it. (side note track spikes are thin, they offer little to no protection from the elements, if the shoe gets wet you foot is wet, if it's cold out, your foot is cold.)

PBN Feedback AO Feedback SOP Feedback
"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#9 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

View PostDvS21, on Nov 4 2007, 01:06 PM, said:

Well I'm a distance runner, and the only place where we use spikes is on the actual track. They are designed specifically to grip with the material that the oval track is made out of. Spikes anywhere else might be a pain, the spikes can be metal or rubber, so I guess you could fool around with them to get different effects, but I know that we didnt use spikes for cross country and not for road running either.... Well anywho good luck on it try it if you can afford it. (side note track spikes are thin, they offer little to no protection from the elements, if the shoe gets wet you foot is wet, if it's cold out, your foot is cold.)

well i run track as well. and on saturday, i was trying to find my hunting boots and i found my track spikes and thats where i got the idea of using them. but when i was hunting, i though if it more and it became a good idea. and your right about the very little protection, but how many times do you get hit in the foot? not many times because thats the last place somebody would try to hit you. so theres a very small chance of getting hit in the foot
Feedback

#10 User is offline   DvS21 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:08 AM

I'm just saying I play all year round, and one time I went out with a friend and he had just sneakers, well it was cold and muddy as most field are, so he had to go buy boots, but I was fine with the boots I have. I prefer comfort over traction and or weight anyday.

"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#11 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:11 AM

View PostDvS21, on Nov 4 2007, 02:08 PM, said:

I'm just saying I play all year round, and one time I went out with a friend and he had just sneakers, well it was cold and muddy as most field are, so he had to go buy boots, but I was fine with the boots I have. I prefer comfort over traction and or weight anyday.

same here. but ive worn some spikes that were very comfortable. i could wear them all day without knowing it. but during the summer when its hot and you need something light, spikes would work great.
Feedback

#12 User is offline   DvS21 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:16 AM

yeah, I see your points, but I have lots of boots and stuff from camping, and if there was one lesson camping has taught me it's how to take care of your feet, I have a pair of sorrel winter boots these things come half way up my calf are waterproof all the way, and are heavier than my automag. but these boots are guaranteed to keep your feet warm to -40* so I wear them every time I go out paintballing, except the middle of the summer, because I know these things will pas the test will keep my feet warm, dry and comfy no matter what.

#13 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:21 AM

View PostDvS21, on Nov 4 2007, 02:16 PM, said:

yeah, I see your points, but I have lots of boots and stuff from camping, and if there was one lesson camping has taught me it's how to take care of your feet, I have a pair of sorrel winter boots these things come half way up my calf are waterproof all the way, and are heavier than my automag. but these boots are guaranteed to keep your feet warm to -40* so I wear them every time I go out paintballing, except the middle of the summer, because I know these things will pas the test will keep my feet warm, dry and comfy no matter what.

i have a pair of those. i dont like them cause theyre huge. theyre really bulky but theyre warm.
Feedback

#14 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

I just use 5.11 combat boots and they seem to give me all the traction I need. I think some high-top cleats might be nice but not only are track cleats outlawed on some fields (Metal spikes) but also you will lose the ankle support which I feel is a very important thing to have.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#15 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

i use a pair of timberland hiking boots for woodsball (they're old, broken-in, comfortable, and earth-coloured).
for speedball, until this past fall i used the same boots, but i have a pair of soccer cleats that i use for ultimate frisbee that work really well on grass and turf.
in mud, though, the boots are much more effective.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users