• You cannot reply to this topic

PMI Polar Ice Paint used with an A5 w/ J&J Ceramic Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tyba 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Tyba

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:57 PM

I played back to back days with the Polar Ice paint from PMI and it was an excellent match to my J&J Ceramic. It was pretty cold here the last few days, 20-30 degrees, and the paint preformed admirably. I didn't have a single ball break after firing around 1200 rounds and my cousin only had one ball break on his stock 98c. It seems to me that I had several more bounce shots than normal, quite a bit more actually, but I guess that's to be expected with extreme weather paint. It's a little costly, so I doubt I'll splurge for it again, but if you play a lot of winter ball (and have a J&J Ceramic) I don't think you can buy a better paint.

#2 User is offline   Ghostduck 

• Quack! Quack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostduck

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:48 PM

I would like to add that even in "normal" weather conditions the PMI Polar Ice paint performs supurbly... Polar Ice Paint is merely a thicker fill and thicker shell than normally used. During normal conditions If I had the choice I would definatly pick Polar Ice of Marballizers using a J&J Ceramic or Lapco Bigshot barrel on my A5. The marballizers just didn't do it for me at all.. I had numerous breaks and "spinners" whereas the Polar Ice in the same "normal" playing conditions performed without fail!

I say if you have Polar Ice... it aint just for cold weather... Use it if you got it... and use it with confidence! :P
Proud Member of the Scottish Teabag Society

#3 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

I used it on saturday, it was decent...liked to break a little in J&J 14", but still good paint...

-Tenacious

#4 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:18 AM

Does your feild have that paint? or did you buy it somewhere else? I have never seen it, but I keep hearing about it. I am a little skeptical about buying paint online, I did once and I got about 3/4 of it broken.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#5 User is offline   piranah 

• I'm the one your commander warned you about....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:piranah

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:27 AM

i never heard much about polar ice except it was good 4 cold weather. if i can get some ill use it. (i have an a5 j&j also) i just need to find somewhere to buy it.
Have No Fear........ Fishy is Here!

user posted image

#6 User is offline   prairiedog_72 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Prairiedog

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:50 AM

We just got some Polar Ice in at the field that I play at. A lot of the guys shooting higher pressure guns, like angels and shockers were having a lot of ball breaks when they shot the regular field paint, so the owner got some of this stuff (cause of the thicker shell for winter). The guys that were having multiple breaks during one game, only had 1 or two breaks out of a whole case of paint!!! I personally don't have a problem shooting the fields regular field paint cause I shoot a Autococker... acutally all of us with cockers don't have a problem with regular field paint (PMI Big Ball).

One thing about the Polar Ice though, when you get hit, you feel it... I had a raised welt on my left arm from where I got hit a couple times. Hits don't usually bother me, but the Polar Ice's thicker shell causes a little bit more pain and does cause a few more bounces.
They should make flavored paintballs.... vanilla, bubble gum, steak.... just a thought!

#7 User is offline   Led Zeppelin 

• Now own a EGO 06
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Led Zeppelin

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:23 PM

used last sunday with my Marballizers they where decently straight but the Marbs kicked. besides that the polars had enough fill and I guess looked cool

#8 User is offline   silentshots213 

• friendly fire isn't
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:silentshots213

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:01 PM

Polar Ice is all i use in the winter, it's the most realiable, and dependable winter ball that I know of out there.
IF WE CAN"T DO IT, NO ONE CAN!-SABRE
my specops feedback +4/-0 PB Nation feedback +1/-0
Omen package
98c package
If Your a Christian Paintballer Put this In your Sig!
98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig.

#9 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jaron

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:07 PM

Missed this review so I made my own. Guess I'll leave a link here for the original thread ( unless a Mod wants to merge the two. )

A lot of people seem to complain about these bouncing. I must admit I've never had that problem. I shoot empty ( hence springy ) water bottles at 60' and get breaks all the time.

This post has been edited by Jaron: 25 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users