• You cannot reply to this topic

LETS MAKE THINGS BETTER! START IT HERE! START IT NOW! Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   SNIPER TY 

• Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SNIPER TY

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

"Ive decided to not play paintball, any more period.
After almost 23 years, Ive seen many changes, not good ones.
It was an honor to be chosen by Charles of XP Paintball, and
Billy of Low Country Paintball, and itís with great sadness that
I had to tell them I will not be Commanding the South in the Sept.
Juliana Charity game at Camp Blanding.
For me there is just too much anger and hatred in the sport.
If you read the forums you will see what I mean. Players lying, cheating,
over shooting and bragging about it.
On different occasions at Camp Blanding players
steeling from players, using illegal paint.
Even Field Owners bashing the producer. Other producers
bashing the producer. I donít care how wonderful a paintball
field is, when I see the kind of dialog from the field owner I will
never play there. Field Owners have a vested interest in making
sure an event runs smooth, and blaming the producer because
it didnítÖwell thatís just not right in my book.
On a web site where I was a major poster, when I complained
about a handle of a new subscriber being repugnant, I was told
to go elsewhere. So I cleared out my photo gallery, and my blogs,
avatars ect. and wont go back there. That was the last straw.
Children coming into paintball with the mental attitude of seeing
what they can get away with, ‚ÄĚpushing the envelope‚ÄĚ has ruined
it for me. What will the rulers of paintball forums bare. Curse word names,
names where spellingís convoluted to spell a curse.
This attitude has contaminated all of paintball.
Everywhere I look people are cheating, bending
the rules, seeing what they can get away with. With the idea
that if they donít get caught, then itís ok to lie, cheat, steal, from
fellow players.
The honor of the sport of paintball has just caught the last train
for the coast. Iím on that train, with my honor, truth, and wisdom intact.
Iím told Iím not wanted, that I should go some where else, with my thoughts.
Iím not going to hang out anywhere there is no honesty, integrity.
You dishonorable players have and are ruining paintball, not only for me
but for all of the rest of the honest paintball players. The posters who
rail against my post here will show there true selves.
Those with guilty condenses usually complain the loudest. I see a time in
the future where paintball will be nonexistent. You retailers and wholesalers
get your money while you can because in the very near future it will be over.
The players with honor and integrity will be extinctÖ
Paintball is not worth bothering with anymore. Where did the virtue go?
When did it leave? I donít know but itís definitely gone for me!
Iím not leaving, Iím gone!
Iím only posting this, to let everyone know that Iím out of here.
Lots of friends are asking me why? This is my reply.
The Liars, Cheaters, Thieves have done all the damage to my self esteem
that there going to. It really has broken my heart. I mean physically, caused
me pain. Itís causing you pain right now your just too insensitive to feel it, but
you will. Itís only a question of time, till the Liars, Cheaters, dishonorable players
steal you joy as they have mine.
The good part is Iíll recover my joy thru my faith. Will you?
Not wanting to leave but being forced to by the repugnance I have witnessed.
The dishonorable players will be cheating each other and complain about it, cause their all
that will be left.
Good By, God Bless! I will not reply to your post."

I DID NOT WRITE THAT STATEMENT AND I AM NOT LEAVING THIS SPORT! but after i read this post by another paintballer i felt like i had to try to do something. i think he is off on a few things but he is obviously disapointed in the way many new paintballers act. he is rirght that many new paintballers have no honor or respect for the sport or fellow players. we need to try to do something about this problem! we need to try to fix it! think about haveing sites like this one that is full of veterans of this great sport that help new players and mold them to be the best that they can be. now think about not having those veterans. think how much the sport would go down hill if the new players did not have the help and advice of the older more expireanced players. they have helped us all and we should help them and help the sport of paintball. i have seen more and more seasoned veterans of this sport throw in the towel and leave the paintball community because of players with no honor or respect that just want to get away with things and want to push the envelope. we need to stop this new trend of dishonor and disrespect before it gets any worse. this has gone to far and needs to stop now! it is our turn to help the ones that have helped us all so much in the past.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT,
:P Ty Harris :ghillie:

This post has been edited by SNIPER TY: 26 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

Don't run, you will only die tired!!!
A case of paint for you means 2,000 paintballs but for me that's the body count
"And God gave man three things with which to fix all of man's problems: WD-40, duct tape, and a hammer."
are u DO NOT DODGE THE SWEAR FILTERS Warning Issued kidding me, that's the only thing i can say
TEAM CAPTAIN OF SHADOW UNIT
COMMANDER OF CAROLINA SILENCE: MERCINARY SNIPERS
View My Special Ops Brigade Page
commander # 145 / sniper # 1 / broadsword # 119

#2 User is offline   Silvrdog 

• De dog is in da house...
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:29 AM

I am for it, but how do we even go about changing such a thing?

Sure, you can have rules and all, but that will not change the attitude of the players.
They who sacrifice liberty for safety...deserve neither.

~Benjamin Franklin~

People need not fear their Government, but the Government should fear their people.

#3 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

View PostSilvrdog, on Apr 17 2008, 11:29 AM, said:

I am for it, but how do we even go about changing such a thing?

Sure, you can have rules and all, but that will not change the attitude of the players.

The way to change attitudes is to lead by example, never stoop to a lower level, bring in new players and teach them to play honorably, and to always remember that this is a game and do the best you can to make sure everyone has FUN playing it.

It's our game. It belongs to the people that play it with honor and respect. We have 2 choices...give it up and walk away...or take it back and make it what it was meant to be...FUN!

#4 User is offline   foster 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

That same rant could be ranted by ANYONE about ANY hobby. Honestly, while I am sure the author has had his/her emotions hurt & made the personal decision to walk away from it all...It is pretty weak to imply that everyone else will meet the same fate.

My hand decided that the time was nigh
And for a moment it slipped from view
When it returned, it fairly burned with
Confidence anewÖ -N.C.

#5 User is offline   SubcutaneousPain 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

I know! let's all buy lime green ribbons and attatch them to our cars!

now THAT will solve the problem :usa:

what MOATI said.

This post has been edited by Shadow Painter: 17 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

#6 User is offline   SNIPER TY 

• PipPip

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

[quote name='foster' date='Apr 17 2008, 02:04 PM' post='1972744']
That same rant could be ranted by ANYONE about ANY hobby. Honestly, while I am sure the author has had his/her emotions hurt & made the personal decision to walk away from it all...It is pretty weak to imply that everyone else will meet th[quote

that is not what i am saying at all! not everyone that has been played with honor and respect will decide to leave because of those that do not play this sport like it should be played all i am saying is that we need to take back our sport and teach the younger, newer players respect, honor and good sportsmanship. we all love this game and we should be able to have fun with it andnot have to deal with those that just play to push the envelope and to have the privalige to say that they are a paintballer. because it is a privalige, many countrys can not play this sport and we need to defend what we love. because in the future, if things keep going down hill, eventualy we could loose the right to legaly play paintball. protect the sport because you love it and teach others by example to do the same!
"And God gave man three things with which to fix all of man's problems: WD-40, duct tape, and a hammer."
are u DO NOT DODGE THE SWEAR FILTERS Warning Issued kidding me, that's the only thing i can say

#7 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:John Hatcher

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:06 AM

Being an older player I know what he is talking about. Alot of these kids around have no respect and I don't think its right, but I would never give up.
KEEP THE SPORT ALIVE!!!

#8 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

It doesn't start here, it starts on the field, make a post stiky it and leave it at that, take all this positive energy out to your fields, too young to impact? Ref, put yourself in a place where players have to look at you, remind them why their here and don't get into the round about games, liven things up, bring them back to what it used to be, fun.

#9 User is offline   SNIPER TY 

• PipPip

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

View PostSteed, on Apr 18 2008, 12:14 PM, said:

It doesn't start here, it starts on the field, make a post stiky it and leave it at that, take all this positive energy out to your fields, too young to impact? Ref, put yourself in a place where players have to look at you, remind them why their here and don't get into the round about games, liven things up, bring them back to what it used to be, fun.

but we can start it here and have everyone that wants to make things better push for a common cause! the first impact might be made on the field but the cause starts here. this is where we all make up our minds to fix this serious problem! then we can go to the field and start acting on what we want for this sport!

#10 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:John Hatcher

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

Yeah i second that!!!!

#11 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:53 PM

it would be better if you put quote tags on that first thing..so we dont think another guy is quitting
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   SNIPER TY 

• PipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

View PostT-Freak, on Apr 18 2008, 03:53 PM, said:

it would be better if you put quote tags on that first thing..so we dont think another guy is quitting

good point. thanks for that one but i will never quit. haha

#13 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

Respect is one thing people lack as a whole these days. It is not only on the paintball fields. It is everywhere from the stranger in the grocery store to the heads of giant corporations. It all starts at the home front. Parents these days are afraid to discipline their kids when they disrespect them. Mainly because if the kid gets a whoopin' they will play the abuse card. Since we are dealing with people who already lack respect, it only gets worse when you gather them together.

Some of the players can be reached, and some cannot be reached. It is up to us honest players to reach as many as we can. We don't need to confront the offending players unless we absolutely have to. Instead we treat all players with the respect we desire. We take the new players under our wings and show them how to play with honor. The fields will never be totally free of dishonest and disrespectful players. However we can do our part to reduce their numbers.

Those of us who are honest and play stand-up ball will win out. As long as we stick with it and do not allow the bad apples to force us out we will out number them.

#14 User is offline   SNIPER TY 

• PipPip

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Apr 20 2008, 01:58 AM, said:

Respect is one thing people lack as a whole these days. It is not only on the paintball fields. It is everywhere from the stranger in the grocery store to the heads of giant corporations. It all starts at the home front. Parents these days are afraid to discipline their kids when they disrespect them. Mainly because if the kid gets a whoopin' they will play the abuse card. Since we are dealing with people who already lack respect, it only gets worse when you gather them together.

Some of the players can be reached, and some cannot be reached. It is up to us honest players to reach as many as we can. We don't need to confront the offending players unless we absolutely have to. Instead we treat all players with the respect we desire. We take the new players under our wings and show them how to play with honor. The fields will never be totally free of dishonest and disrespectful players. However we can do our part to reduce their numbers.

Those of us who are honest and play stand-up ball will win out. As long as we stick with it and do not allow the bad apples to force us out we will out number them.

yeh hes got it! another point that DSH just reminded me to make: take good care of the new younger players! thats how we make the future of this sport better! dont make fun of them or ignor them just because they are "newbies" or "noobs" or whaterver you want to call the green players. if they ask you a question, answer them with the same respect that you would want if you were in his/her position. and if you cant answer their question direct them to someone that can. if they have a problem, help them fix it! dont just stand there and watch as they struggle with something that they have no idea how to handle! stand up for them! i have seen plenty of situations when an older, more experienced player was picking on a new player or chewing them out for a simple mistake/misunderstanding or taking advantage of them because they are new and dont know what to do in that specific situation. it happend to me when i first started out, its happend to just about everybody at least once. there has even been a few time that i saw older players beating up on a green kid. so i ended up having to fight the other players to help the younger ones. i will always help a new player in any way i can because that is how i want to be treated by a player that is more experienced than me. i encourage every paintballer to take care of the players around them. put your self in their shoes and remember what goes around comes around.

This post has been edited by SNIPER TY: 28 May 2008 - 10:24 AM

#15 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:46 AM

touching. got me right in the heart. B)

he makes alot of points. and I can see were he is coming from. like MOATI said, we have to lead by example.
This is something we can change. The people this man is talking about do not read forums like this one. I honestly could not point out to anyone, somebody on this forum with bad intentions. Because this is so important to us. we have to make this known. to all communities,
A better sport starts with a better player. and its, up to us to lead by example, and prove to everyone that the sport of paintball is not something to manipulate into your own hands.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users