• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

a better stock

#1 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

ok so the problem i find with most stocks on the market os that paintball masks prevent you from shouldering the marker proborly and if u have a scope or sight, you have to buy a rail riser to use it. so id like to get ya'lls opinion on this stock i sketched up

Attached File  312JguhX8LL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (13.23K)
Number of downloads: 21
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#2 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 30 November 2010 - 06:28 PM, said:

ok so the problem i find with most stocks on the market os that paintball masks prevent you from shouldering the marker proborly and if u have a scope or sight, you have to buy a rail riser to use it. so id like to get ya'lls opinion on this stock i sketched up

Attachment 312JguhX8LL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wait til you see what we're coming out with for the T9.1 in a month or so! Very similar idea to what you have sketched.

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

View PostMOATI, on 30 November 2010 - 07:58 PM, said:

Wait til you see what we're coming out with for the T9.1 in a month or so! Very similar idea to what you have sketched.

will there be a version for the T8?
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

I agree that most stocks stink for mask clearance. That's why I modded my Longbow stock a while back: LINK. I sold it to some lucky guy over on the A5OG... who probably sold it to someone else... who probably sold it...
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

I don't use stocks but I always thought the SAW stock was the most comfortablist. Everybody liked the collapsible ones because they look modern but those are the worst IMO.

#6 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

View Postger, on 01 December 2010 - 02:59 PM, said:

I agree that most stocks stink for mask clearance. That's why I modded my Longbow stock a while back: LINK. I sold it to some lucky guy over on the A5OG... who probably sold it to someone else... who probably sold it...

tht looks like what i was going for...only difference is the shoulder peice would be higher...almost vertically inverted

edit: i found a solution. AK style wire stock with a removable top bar

Attached File  000_0003.JPG (200.43K)
Number of downloads: 12

Attached File  000_0002.JPG (170.43K)
Number of downloads: 8

This post has been edited by Down Range Pain: 07 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

#7 User is offline   EH_bomb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:EH_bomb

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

How about a return of the T2W stock????

#8 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chl2onic

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

My favorite stock of all time was my aluminum dogleg stock.. The g36c stock from opsgear, and the saw stock are the other 2 I'd pick for mask clearance.

#9 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

Your idea looked pretty cool. IMO most of the stocks out there focus way too much on looking real world, and not nearly enough on actually working for paintball. Uber defeatist if you ask me.

I didn't find the G36 stock very good for mask clearance at all, it has a hump where it mounts to the marker kinda like a cheeck rest. I still use mine though, just because it's not much worse than my old M4 stock for clearance, but WAY better than my old M4 stock for compactness... and I don't feel like buying a new stock. And at the moment I'm not sure what there is out there that would be better for clearance AND just as good for compactness...
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chl2onic

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

I used to think the same thing about the g36 stock, but if you get a spec ops flat top rail, and a red dot (I have a nc star) I can look down the red dot, mask on, no issues.

#11 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

I really would like to see the a-5 dogleg stock come back. I have been searching and searching and searching for a right handed one and have had no luck.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#12 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

View Postdextonik, on 03 May 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

I really would like to see the a-5 dogleg stock come back. I have been searching and searching and searching for a right handed one and have had no luck.

That's the problem with the dogleg, instead of diverting the stock to one side or the other to make room for your mask, they should have diverted it downard. So it would look like this from the side> |___|

Then there would be plenty of room for your mask and they would all be ambidextrous.

Also they should have made it foldable. I don't believe in solid stocks. There's just no reason why you would ALWAYS need a stock, there are many situations in which you would not want a stock. The only option that satisfies the occasional need for a stock AND the occassional need for NO stock, is a fully collapseable (MP5) or foldable stock. And the dogleg is neither.

Someone should ask them to make a new version that is diverted downward instead of to the side, and is foldeable.

But really you don't even need a full on dogleg design, any stock would work if they just made them with cheek WELLS instead of cheek RESTS. Which is the only sensible way to make any kind of stock for paintball, but unfortunately manufacturers and consumers are far too consumed with aesthetics to worry about function. Except the guys that came up with the dogleg, first ever stock designed just for function, mad props! Just got two little things wrong...
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

View Postchl2onic, on 01 April 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

I used to think the same thing about the g36 stock, but if you get a spec ops flat top rail, and a red dot (I have a nc star) I can look down the red dot, mask on, no issues.

You don't need to buy a flat top rail to attach weaver parts to a Tippmann, all you need to do is cut some grooves into the 3/8 rail. Which I have done. Maybe you have smaller build so that you can place your head against the stock behind that cheek rest. But I'm just an average sized guy and the distance between where my shoulder meets the stock, and my cheek is too far for that, my cheek comes down right on the cheek rest, which holds my head so my eye is about an inch above the iron sights. I have to try to pull my head back to get my eye down to a level where I can sight normally and that's WITHOUT a mask on. With a mask on I have to use a 45* offset rail, press my mask tight against the stock, and rotate my head slightly inward to get everything to line up properly. I've been playing for years with this setup, between my body, mask and stock that's just how they work together.

But you should have a solid cheek weld (or mask weld) to hold your aimpoint steady anyway so it's not so bad. Which is why I've been using it for years. It would be nicer though if they made the stock with a cheek well instead of a cheek rest, for performance in paintball rather than looks...
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

View PostShipwreck!, on 03 May 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

View Postdextonik, on 03 May 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

That's the problem with the dogleg, instead of diverting the stock to one side or the other to make room for your mask, they should have diverted it downard. So it would look like this from the side> |___|

Then there would be plenty of room for your mask and they would all be ambidextrous.

Also they should have made it foldable. I don't believe in solid stocks. There's just no reason why you would ALWAYS need a stock, there are many situations in which you would not want a stock. The only option that satisfies the occasional need for a stock AND the occassional need for NO stock, is a fully collapseable (MP5) or foldable stock. And the dogleg is neither.

Someone should ask them to make a new version that is diverted downward instead of to the side, and is foldeable.

But really you don't even need a full on dogleg design, any stock would work if they just made them with cheek WELLS instead of cheek RESTS. Which is the only sensible way to make any kind of stock for paintball, but unfortunately manufacturers and consumers are far too consumed with aesthetics to worry about function. Except the guys that came up with the dogleg, first ever stock designed just for function, mad props! Just got two little things wrong...

I see your point. Everybody is different though. You might not believe in a solid stock. For me though I do. Also I like things that serve a purpose to better my game i.e. the dogleg stock. Granted yeah Ambidextrous stock would be nice. For me, I have always had a stock on all my markers. It feels awkward to me not to have one on. I just go with with feels right to me.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#15 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

I've never had a problem with it. Try this: Instead of trying to get the stock lower, you could try to raise your sights. I have the full G36 kit on my X7, and with that setup, I can shoulder it and aim through my red-dot effortlessly. With the carry handle on, I don't even have to bring my shoulder up OR crane my neck to aim, and my mask doesn't even make contact the marker. It comes up perfect every time, and target aquisition is instant. With a cheek well, you would still have to raise your shoulder to get a good bead. I've tried both, and my personal preference is the raised sight.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users