Special Ops Paintball: future ion upgrades - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

future ion upgrades any suggestions?

#1 User is offline   THEHOPPER 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 64
  • Joined: 31-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:THEHOPPER

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

well like i said i have an ion and well i love it as it is right now and all but i want to make it even better. So far the upgrades it has right now is well.
-----------------------------------------------
Redz body kit
Redz clamping feedneckl
Evil pipe front(unknown back)
red 32 degree dropforward
virtue easy on button
evolution 3 hopper
pure energy remote coil w/ quick release

future upgrades
-------------------------------------------------
t2w airthrough stock $135
virtue board $135
virtue breakbeam eyes $30
virtue qev $30
fire or redz bolt (cant decide which is better) $30-35
cp trigger (im guessing $20-30)
redz barrel kit $115 (mainly for looks cause goes great with redz body kit lol)
$510

yea i think these are the best mods i could get for the ion and would bring the value up to about
$800-$900. and ya ya i know some of u would say i should just upgrade to a better gun for about the same price but idc i love my ion. its reliable and im sticking with it.

If you have any recomendations about things to change or add then feel free to post just please no flaming

This post has been edited by THEHOPPER: 28 September 2007 - 05:19 PM

Yea im real sorry i couldn't fix your breaks. sooooooooooooooo i made your horn louder =)
If you play honarably and fair, post this in your sig

0

#2 User is offline   theking06 

  • It's Time to Prey
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 30-March 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MA
  • Brigade Name:theking06

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:32 PM

View PostTHEHOPPER, on Sep 28 2007, 08:16 PM, said:

well like i said i have an ion and well i love it as it is right now and all but i want to make it even better. So far the upgrades it has right now is well.
-----------------------------------------------
Redz body kit
Redz clamping feedneckl
Evil pipe front(unknown back)
red 32 degree dropforward
virtue easy on button
evolution 3 hopper
pure energy remote coil w/ quick release

future upgrades
-------------------------------------------------
t2w airthrough stock $135
virtue board $135
virtue breakbeam eyes $30
virtue qev $30
fire or redz bolt (cant decide which is better) $30-35
cp trigger (im guessing $20-30)
redz barrel kit $115 (mainly for looks cause goes great with redz body kit lol)
$510

yea i think these are the best mods i could get for the ion and would bring the value up to about
$800-$900. and ya ya i know some of u would say i should just upgrade to a better gun for about the same price but idc i love my ion. its reliable and im sticking with it.

If you have any recomendations about things to change or add then feel free to post just please no flaming

You never get the value you paid for it. with all of that you MIGHT get $400 dollars. Your better off selling it all seperate. But those are actually the upgrades I was planning on getting, though I already have a virtue board. Whats is so special about virtue eyes? aren't the stock ones good enough? And why are they different colors? Does it change performance, or is it just a style thing?
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image
0

#3 User is offline   THEHOPPER 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 64
  • Joined: 31-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:THEHOPPER

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

lol to be honest i have no idea wat the whole different colors things about but i read a thing about eyes a while back saying how some are better than others because of things like dust and stuff not getting in the way and how things can obstruct them but if i find where i read it ill post it for you. and when i said it would value that. i didnt mean i was looking to sell it cause i want to keep it for as long as possible lol
Yea im real sorry i couldn't fix your breaks. sooooooooooooooo i made your horn louder =)
If you play honarably and fair, post this in your sig

0

#4 User is offline   THEHOPPER 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 64
  • Joined: 31-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:THEHOPPER

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:37 PM

at least say cool or sweet or something so i at least dont feel like a loser :dodgy:
:happy:
Yea im real sorry i couldn't fix your breaks. sooooooooooooooo i made your horn louder =)
If you play honarably and fair, post this in your sig

0

#5 User is offline   Galihad 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,027
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:19 AM

I would highly recommend taking a look at www.Deadlywind.com

they have several products for the ION and everything they make is absolutly sick, including but not limited to the Hollow point bolt which ways only 7.4grams

they also have bodies that fix one of the biggest problems with the ION a bolt out back feature!

they also have one of the sickest triggers anyone could ask for

This post has been edited by Galihad: 01 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here
0

#6 User is offline   Amish Assassin 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 30-September 07
  • Brigade Name:Chop

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:44 PM

View PostTHEHOPPER, on Sep 28 2007, 05:16 PM, said:

well like i said i have an ion and well i love it as it is right now and all but i want to make it even better. So far the upgrades it has right now is well.
-----------------------------------------------
Redz body kit
Redz clamping feedneckl
Evil pipe front(unknown back)
red 32 degree dropforward
virtue easy on button
evolution 3 hopper
pure energy remote coil w/ quick release

future upgrades
-------------------------------------------------
t2w airthrough stock $135
virtue board $135
virtue breakbeam eyes $30
virtue qev $30
fire or redz bolt (cant decide which is better) $30-35
cp trigger (im guessing $20-30)
redz barrel kit $115 (mainly for looks cause goes great with redz body kit lol)
$510

yea i think these are the best mods i could get for the ion and would bring the value up to about
$800-$900. and ya ya i know some of u would say i should just upgrade to a better gun for about the same price but idc i love my ion. its reliable and im sticking with it.

If you have any recomendations about things to change or add then feel free to post just please no flaming


Good list of upgrades, but I would make a change or two...

I'd say look at the Critical RPM instead of the CP. Also, as the stock reg is great, I would look into replacing this as well. If i were building another Ion, I would concentrate on a new QEV, board, and bolt. Virture products are fine but even though they made up with pbnation, I am still wary of their products. There are a ton of different options in regards to boards (not so much for QEV's as all of them are mostly all the same,) for the Ion. As far as a bolt goes, gotta go with the tried and true Tech T L7, Deadly Winds hollow point looks awesome as well, and DW's rep is great but the L7 has gone through the paces already and is the lightest bolt out there today. The reast are all cosmetic so I consider all that personal preference.
0

#7 User is offline   Galihad 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,027
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:43 AM

View PostAmish Assassin, on Oct 2 2007, 12:44 AM, said:

Good list of upgrades, but I would make a change or two...

I'd say look at the Critical RPM instead of the CP. Also, as the stock reg is great, I would look into replacing this as well. If i were building another Ion, I would concentrate on a new QEV, board, and bolt. Virture products are fine but even though they made up with pbnation, I am still wary of their products. There are a ton of different options in regards to boards (not so much for QEV's as all of them are mostly all the same,) for the Ion. As far as a bolt goes, gotta go with the tried and true Tech T L7, Deadly Winds hollow point looks awesome as well, and DW's rep is great but the L7 has gone through the paces already and is the lightest bolt out there today. The reast are all cosmetic so I consider all that personal preference.


while I agree that Tech T has great rep and an awesome bolt, I must correct you since the L7 is heavier than the Deadly wind bolt

Tech T L7= 8.5g
DW= 7.4g

now do I honestly think the 1.1 gram difference is going to change your entire game? no, at least it shouldn't. and I have to agree about Virtue, I think they're products are over hyped, I would suggest taking a look at the A.P.E board, they have an amazing rep as any Tippmann with an e-grip will attest to
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here
0

#8 User is offline   WarCowboy 

  • ~Fastest Gun In The East!~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 585
  • Joined: 04-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greenville VA,USA
  • Brigade Name:Suicide Kings

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:49 PM

Never had a single issue with my virtue...
Its easy to program, easy to learn to program, and does exactly what its suposed to do.
I think the whole "over hyped" thing, go's for alot of things out there today.
I feel the reason people seem to think its over hyped, is mostly because the company really pushes their product.
No harm in smart marketing.
But with that being said, I can tell you that I have personaly had not one issue with the virtue.
It lives upto its claims, and thats good enough for most people IMO.
Just my 2cents on that...

As far as bolts go, its really more about how the air flows through the porting, and the impact effects on paint.
I feel people buy bolts with mostly weight and sound in mind, when there are other things to consider.
With that also being said, I have an L7 bolt and have not had one single issue with it either.
It also does what it claims, performance wise.

L7, and Virtue are two great products, and perform aswell as they claim.
Thats all that matters to me!

This post has been edited by WarCowboy: 03 October 2007 - 08:55 PM

0

#9 User is offline   Galihad 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,027
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

View PostWarCowboy, on Oct 3 2007, 10:49 PM, said:

Never had a single issue with my virtue...
Its easy to program, easy to learn to program, and does exactly what its suposed to do.
I think the whole "over hyped" thing, go's for alot of things out there today.
I feel the reason people seem to think its over hyped, is mostly because the company really pushes their product.
No harm in smart marketing.
But with that being said, I can tell you that I have personaly had not one issue with the virtue.
It lives upto its claims, and thats good enough for most people IMO.
Just my 2cents on that...

As far as bolts go, its really more about how the air flows through the porting, and the impact effects on paint.
I feel people buy bolts with mostly weight and sound in mind, when there are other things to consider.
With that also being said, I have an L7 bolt and have not had one single issue with it either.
It also does what it claims, performance wise.

L7, and Virtue are two great products, and perform aswell as they claim.
Thats all that matters to me!


war is very right in that all the weight really does is save air, not the effect it has on paintballs. I have ordered the hollowpoint and will be doing extensive tests on it to see what it can do, now I just need someone with a L7 to test it against any voluenteers?
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here
0

#10 User is offline   ION KING 

  • Bow down to the king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 650
  • Joined: 04-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Tippmann A-5 player

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

View Posttheking06, on Sep 28 2007, 08:32 PM, said:

View PostTHEHOPPER, on Sep 28 2007, 08:16 PM, said:

well like i said i have an ion and well i love it as it is right now and all but i want to make it even better. So far the upgrades it has right now is well.
-----------------------------------------------
Redz body kit
Redz clamping feedneckl
Evil pipe front(unknown back)
red 32 degree dropforward
virtue easy on button
evolution 3 hopper
pure energy remote coil w/ quick release

future upgrades
-------------------------------------------------
t2w airthrough stock $135
virtue board $135
virtue breakbeam eyes $30
virtue qev $30
fire or redz bolt (cant decide which is better) $30-35
cp trigger (im guessing $20-30)
redz barrel kit $115 (mainly for looks cause goes great with redz body kit lol)
$510

yea i think these are the best mods i could get for the ion and would bring the value up to about
$800-$900. and ya ya i know some of u would say i should just upgrade to a better gun for about the same price but idc i love my ion. its reliable and im sticking with it.

If you have any recomendations about things to change or add then feel free to post just please no flaming

You never get the value you paid for it. with all of that you MIGHT get $400 dollars. Your better off selling it all seperate. But those are actually the upgrades I was planning on getting, though I already have a virtue board. Whats is so special about virtue eyes? aren't the stock ones good enough? And why are they different colors? Does it change performance, or is it just a style thing?






I thought maybe $300-350
current WWII reenactment funds $260/ total gear NONE
0

#11 User is offline   WarCowboy 

  • ~Fastest Gun In The East!~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 585
  • Joined: 04-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greenville VA,USA
  • Brigade Name:Suicide Kings

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:40 AM

Quote

Whats is so special about virtue eyes? aren't the stock ones good enough? And why are they different colors? Does it change performance, or is it just a style thing?


I personally have seen no difference in performance between stock, and after market eyes.
I will say however, its nice to be able to visually see if your eyes are on or off via looking through the top of the feed neck. You can also look down the barrel, but I would caution this unless you are wearing goggles!
So to a small degree it does add an upgrade for that sorta thing, and it just gives a bling affect to your marker.
I have heard some people say that it kills your night game ability, as it gives you away from light, but Im a bit optimistic about that, because you would have to be playing in absolute dark IMO in order to see that at any decent range, and besides,... You shouldnt be able to see them when a ball is loaded in the breach anyhow.

Quote

at least say cool or sweet or something so i at least dont feel like a loser


Sweet, and Cool!

This post has been edited by WarCowboy: 05 October 2007 - 08:41 AM

0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users