Special Ops Paintball: If you are still a member of this community please read this... - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If you are still a member of this community please read this... Anyone of the Redwoods still around? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PinDrop 

• Been here since the start...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PinDrop

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Ok guys so this is going to be rough but try to stick through it with me and some to an understanding... (Puzuma give me some latitude for godsake lol)

I am writing this message as a last resort for what is a community in dire straights. I have been an (INACT) for many years on this forum which I understand doesn't help this community stay more intact but as with all things in life my priorities have shifted from paintball to my career in the United States Army. So lets get down to the story and the reason I brought you in here because my lack of patronage will come to light soon enough. I joined this community back in December of 2004 when frankly paintball was once again hitting a boom and a small recession all at the same time. I was just 15 years old and I was fairly new to the whole "community" of paintball but I had been playing since 1999 "which now is about 15 years of playing paintball as of now"

During this time "at least in my state of Missouri" there was a transition occurring in the woodsball community where the lines between speedball and woodsball where blurring when both communities came to understand that their fields where closing left and right and that the only thing that was going to save these fields was the combined patronage of both the speedballers and the woodsballers. We would abandon our titles and once again become paintballers without a division coming between us just because of how we liked to play.

This methodology was preached to us young players by some rather important woodsball celebrities. I knew these grey wolfs who had been slinging paint since the early 80's and I was fortunate enough to call them my friends and acquaintances. Having the true honor to meet some of the actual forefathers of paintball "Guys playing way back to the 60's I believe" face to face "Blind luck I lived around these guys" I dreamt of a world where eventually I would become one of those guys who pretty much just lived for the weekend so they could grab their masks, gear and head out to the field.

Eventually our combined effort was not enough to keep our fields up and running. I lost my paintball field "Paint Games Plus" in Holden, Mo eventually.

I say all of that to day this. This forum is great and was amazing at one time. The thought of logging on here one day and seeing that the server is down forever would truly be a horrible loss. I tell you what I hate Puzuma but every time I come back to this forum after months and years away he is here ever faithfully "probably ban hammering away at the innocent - not that there is any grudge I hold against him in the slightest lol" serving this forum and remaining as a vigil to those who came before. The one face that has never faded with time. If I did not know any better I would say that I would miss him and knowing that he had a place here. So please guys we know that this forum cannot last forever and eventually the inevitable will happen. We have lost so many already to the tide of time. I suggest that an alternate group be made on a social network site in the event that we finally lose the page. It will happen eventually and yes I know that many of us frequent the same forums on other websites but the point remains. It seems that every deployment I come to think about the people I know and who I miss and often I eventually get to Tenacious, Puzuma (<---WAY AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST...but listed still the same) and so many others. Maybe I am just over reacting but I would hate to loose you guys forever.

Bro love.

Afghanistan sucks.

-------

An additional bro-lovy feely sort of letter I wrote to the owner of a field that had gone under. So you can kinda sorta understand the mood I am in right now.

-Darin

I truly hope that mail finds you well and in good spirits. My name is Darin **********. I doubt that you will remember me after all of this time but I was a very young boy who religiously attended the "Battle of The Bulge" at the Holden PGP location. I am very sure that I was probably a very annoying patron of your event but you never once showed irritation and you always treated me with respect. I am not sure if you remember but my mother once catered the event with my grandfather, I remember the nacho dip was a good hit with the guys. Eventually things went south with my family as my mother was diagnosed with cancer once again and without medical insurance we fell on some pretty hard times. Obviously with finances the way they were I was unable to play because we were heavily in medical debt. Paintball was still very much a part of my life even though I had gone for years without being able to afford to play during this time. I was still however able to get a subscription to Action Pursuit Games magazine "Which I remember being so excited seeing you and the guys from the field at OKDAY" I would write APG magazine as often as I could and ended up getting small portions of what I had written actually published on some occasions. Even though I could not play I researched every marker and the history of paintball, I never let that passion die. Eventually we had moved away as we could not afford our house any longer and a year or so later I graduated from high school and to raise myself up from my circumstances I enlisted in the United States Army "My father was a jarhead so he got a good chuckle out of that" I spent a very long time away from home while attending my training and soon I had gotten married, had a daughter and deployed to Iraq for the first time. While deployed people asked me what my big plans were for my mid tour leave and I had decided that "other than seeing my family of course" there was really only one thing I wanted to do…I wanted to go finally throw paint once again at the field that I had remembered as a young boy. Yes I should have checked after all that time but in my mind that field had always been there, it had always been a part of my summers and my weekends. I didn't even consider the possibility that things had changed. There were remnants of the place still when I arrived. I knew something was wrong before I even pulled off the highway. I didn't understand and I was totally thrown off track. I walked the field looking for recent signs of play. I walked the ponds and the pastures and I found nothing. It struck me pretty hard which I know may sound frankly sad or pathetic but it was the only thing that I had at the time. It was something that was taken away from me as a child and I just wanted to experience it again and it was gone. I tried contacting old friends but they had moved away and were unsure what had happened, some had stopped playing paintball entirely. I returned home not sure what to think about what had happened. I have heard so many things from employees who used to work that location, from old patrons and I have waited a long while without really knowing. I am now in Afghanistan and reading through some old posts online and stirred up this memory and I came to wonder what had ever happened to the field and the staff who used to work their. I had such fond memories of that place and I imagine that financial pressure in something as volatile as paintball eventually became too much but if I can be entirely forthcoming I do remember way back when I was still playing at the field regularly that there was an issue. If you don't mind me asking and I don't mean to stir anything up…what brought about the end of the field? What was the fighting that I had seem about? If you don't feel comfortable replying I understand entirely that it truly is none of my business and I will let my heart rest on the subject and I will not bother you with it again. I really just wish to know what had happened I think that it would answer a question that has been in the back of my mind for a very long time. In closing I have to say that you may not know me Bill and I have only had very small interactions with you at the shop but you really did seem to be an awesome guy. You turned me into a true fan of the sport and a player for life, I can only imagine that it must be very difficult working in the very hobby in which you try to enjoy. I am sure that at times it can be very difficult and make it down right impossible to enjoy the sport but I can tell you that people notice, the kids noticed and I surely noticed. You may be an owner of a paintball field, you may be a just a paintballer but to my group of friends back home your one of the Originals you started us on this path of paintball. At the end of the day it might seem fairly childish that this attachment to the game and to the field has come from a brief few interactions and a few summers of play "and some great fights against the allies" but I cannot express to you just how much I looked forward to that game every year. I wish you the very best in everything that you pursue, I wish you nothing but prosperity and lastly just maybe a deeper enjoyment of your time on the field and in the office knowing that those people who are patrons really enjoy the quality of service and the experience you provide.

This post has been edited by PinDrop: 07 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Where is Zuma with that BanHammer?
You have to excuse Pinhead, bro...he has very little friends and he was raised by a herd of Mountain Goats. -EvilFingers

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Posted Image

As for me... I've been mellowing a lot. Been on anti-depressants for the last 2 or 3 years, dropped my connection to a bunch of family members that did nothing but cause me stress and trying to be more relaxed.

I would love to see the forum blossom again. We still want to keep the forum family friendly but enforcing some of the rules has become more lax. Still have the swear filters in place. Bannings have been limited to spam bots and even those are few and far between now.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   oldhunter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:smoke guarde

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Knowledge lost Knowledge gained
Rebuilt form ashes
To bud yet again.

Or

My fat behind ant going nowhere. :D
repugno nex est morior inritus

#4 User is offline   PinDrop 

• Been here since the start...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PinDrop

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Puzuma I have also very recently had to severe some family connections that were pretty toxic to my general well being but I found that after a good while that things started working out better. I am sure that I will revisit those relationships eventually but the time isn't now. Its for the best I am sure man, sometimes the ones who hurt us the most are the ones who are so very close. Its important to wall those people off not everyone, I have been pretty selective about who I put distance between. Also, I do agree that seeing this forum blossom again would be so amazing. This used to pretty much be the temple of woodsball. This place was more than just a forum it had a way of play about it. Honor and all of that good stuff. I am just unsure how we could accomplish that with the economy the way it is and with a downtrend of players.

P.S. Hey Puzuma. Who pays for this webpage? Thats sort of a mystery to me...who is supporting us?

This post has been edited by PinDrop: 08 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Where is Zuma with that BanHammer?
You have to excuse Pinhead, bro...he has very little friends and he was raised by a herd of Mountain Goats. -EvilFingers

#5 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Don't I feel bad now...I take a leave of absence for awhile because of my priorities needing to be set straight. They're still not in order, but free time is coming back and soon, I'll will be expressing and sharing what I love of the sport to others. Didn't think it would happen to the lot of us, putting this forum into a bad spot. Sorry for my inactivity.

~Dizzy
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#6 User is offline   p@intl3@ll 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:p@intl3@ll

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

^^^^ True that my friend, sheer luck I even logged in today to read that but great post, couldn't have said it better myself.. member since 05. Haven't played in years but still wish about the good ol' days. I used to read this forum like it was the bible, great people and get information I hope the sport comes back around soon. I wouldn't mind dusting off my old gear. Peace
IPB Image
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
My feedback

#7 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Times change & so does the internet....
Seems like a lot of forums & message boards (in many subjects, not just paintball) have been dying off in the last few years - replaced by bigger sites like Facebook etc.
Id love to see SO spring back from the ashes too...

#8 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Its really too bad that this is happening. I remember when I would come on here every day....now I come on here a few times a year and only really for nostalgic purposes...

Heck, its been years since I played. The problem is that everybody hits the wall at 18/19 when life happens. Lol, Its blunt to put it that way but its the truth. I played ALL the time when I was 15/16-18ish and then work made it so that I was busy all the time. Its too bad too because I finally have the money to buy the ultimate paintball gun :P

It would be a shame to see this forum go...
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#9 User is offline   jag06 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jag06

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

After going a year or more without logging in here, I can't believe that this place is now so empty. I remember watching the changes with MOATI taking over and then remember him suddenly leaving. I have not played paintball in 2 years now and badly want to get back into it and play, which is what made my log back in and check this place out. I used to spend hours on here every day. I remember seeing the "getting out of paintball sale" adds or the people posting they were trying to get back into after not playing for years. I always wondered how could people stop playing or go years without playing, that is until life hit me and here I am 2 years without playing and now I know how it happens. It's nice that this place is still here in some form, a shame the store is gone, spent a lot of money ordering from the shop. I will try and stick around for a while, see if the place will pick back up, see if I run into any old friends.
My Feedback +7/-0 Gore Family Paintball field
Digitally Dangerous member #3

#10 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:35 AM

I tend to use Facebook to talk to people I met here (Puz, Stuntman, ghostinthewood, etc). Combine that with me not having actually played in 16 months, I don't come by here much.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#11 User is offline   poorboypaintballer 

• impoverished paintslinger
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

i still check in here once in a while. i wasnt an active poster, even back in the day. i haven't heard much of anything about paintball in years...
Posted Image

MOLON LABE

#12 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Oh! This place is still up. I checked in maybe 6 or so months ago, but the site was down and I sadly figured that was that.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#13 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostMaDuce, on 31 March 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

Oh! This place is still up. I checked in maybe 6 or so months ago, but the site was down and I sadly figured that was that.

Hey Duce, remember me lol

Yeah man, it sure is quiet around here.

#14 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

Heh. I remember you. Thalion, PistolWhipped and a few others left because we thought the whole thing went kaput.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#15 User is offline   black hawk down 

• Group: Banned #17
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN SNIPER YAY

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

duce!!!

Group: Banned #17

Share this topic: