Special Ops Paintball: Sniper Gear - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sniper Gear What gear do you take to snipe Rate Topic: -----

Poll: What gear do you use (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Concealment

1. Spec Ops gille (23 votes [26.44%])

Percentage of vote: 26.44%

2. home made (28 votes [32.18%])

Percentage of vote: 32.18%

3. military type (20 votes [22.99%])

Percentage of vote: 22.99%

4. other (please explain in detail) (16 votes [18.39%])

Percentage of vote: 18.39%

Markers

1. Tippmann (51 votes [52.58%])

Percentage of vote: 52.58%

2. Autococker (6 votes [6.19%])

Percentage of vote: 6.19%

3. Spyder (3 votes [3.09%])

Percentage of vote: 3.09%

4. Tiburius Arms (10 votes [10.31%])

Percentage of vote: 10.31%

5. Other (27 votes [27.84%])

Percentage of vote: 27.84%

Bipods

1. Yes (21 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

2. No (66 votes [75.86%])

Percentage of vote: 75.86%

Sights

1. Red/Green dot (46 votes [46.00%])

Percentage of vote: 46.00%

2. Acog sight (8 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

3. Bacis stights (stock) (32 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

4. hunting or shooting type scopes (14 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

Stocks

1. Retractable (32 votes [36.78%])

Percentage of vote: 36.78%

2. Folding (9 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

3. Air-thru (20 votes [22.99%])

Percentage of vote: 22.99%

4. None (26 votes [29.89%])

Percentage of vote: 29.89%

Sight Risers

1. Yes (40 votes [45.98%])

Percentage of vote: 45.98%

2. No (47 votes [54.02%])

Percentage of vote: 54.02%

Misalanious

1. Sidearm (39 votes [35.14%])

Percentage of vote: 35.14%

2. Grenades (30 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

3. Binoculors (16 votes [14.41%])

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

4. anything custom (please describe) (26 votes [23.42%])

Percentage of vote: 23.42%

Vests and rigs

1. Spec Ops vest or rig (please describe) (53 votes [60.92%])

Percentage of vote: 60.92%

2. Blackhawk (3 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

3. Eagle industries (2 votes [2.30%])

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

4. OpsGear (23 votes [26.44%])

Percentage of vote: 26.44%

5. Blackwater USA (6 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

I'm wondering what snipers use in the feiled to get better target aquisition and better kills. I was considering what gear is also used. You can aslo post pics of your markers to let us see what mods you use you give yourself an advantage.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   speedwood 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Viper

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

I use a Tippmann a5 but i will use a proto slg this weekend.
Dont worry im just a bush with a gun
Tippmann owner #321. Why you ask? THATS MY BIRTHDAY!
You won't see me untill its too late. No wait you wont even see me then!!

#3 User is offline   Jefry 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JEFRY

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

WEll right now im in the process of getting the feel for it all but i like to take my 98 in with my camo jacket denim jeans when i like to lay paint my full pods or when i like to conserve (aka Budget) i take my side pods and i seem to do ok

#4 User is offline   Ironbox 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

most of these are current plans
i'm rocking an autococker trilogy tactical, making a ghillie suit including a gun wrap for the gun, won't, use a bipod since it's not really necessary, if i need one bad enough i'll just break a stick and put it into the ground, my autococker doesn't have any sights so it's all just experience but am getting a simple red dot sight for it soon, although i'm not sure if it'll mount on the tactical, going to get the specops stock for it soon and am very excited, i'd like to get a sidearm but probably won't have the money, will get grenades if i play in any big games, binoculars help, some small compact ones, nothing fancy, as for custom gear, i created my own leg rigs out of 2 99 cent store "markerball" pod harnesses, as for vests, i run 3 and like them all, one is a vest from an unknown company that looks just like this http://www.cheaperth...m/BJR075-1.html, i also run a camelbak with two mesh nets for pods and a built in exterior frame, and finally an ALICE belt which is simple, but durable and reliable.
i love the tactical cocker, it's pretty quiet compared to a lot of the markers i fight against, and pretty accurate, the vests are simple but work well, i just use what i have, i hope i helped to some degree

#5 User is offline   Revenant 

• Mobile Strike Sniper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reno 07

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

I custom built my ghillie using a set of UL Fusion and a Scout Vest as the base and building up using camo net and other more traditional ghillie materials to create an effective light weight ghillie.

I use a heavilly modded 98C, you're best served just finding pics of it on 98OG, I can't do it justice in words. (I'm RENO 07 there)

I carry and Ariakon ACP 2.0 as my sidearm.

Red-dots are definitely the way to go, though scopes do have their place of course.

#6 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:22 PM

As for concealment I just use normal clothing. It's usually just a long sleeve shirt and some work pants. It's cheap, comfortage and for paintball works just as well as anything else. If it's cold out I have a Flecktarn jacket I wear. With paintball most fields are pretty small and your effective range is rarely more than 100 feet, it's more about how you handle yourself rather than what you wear.

I usually use a Classic Valved Automag from 1993, if not I usually use a Palmer's Houndstooth I had made for me. No bipods and no sights. I sight along the top of my Automag and use the bead sight at the end of my Houndstooth. Paintballs are just too inaccurate, and the range which they are effective at is too short to really justify anything elaborate. Simple points of reference and familiarity with your gear is going to give you as much accuracy as anything else and is far less complex. It's not really on your list, but if I do use a stock it's going to be a basic "L" or "T" stock. They're lightweight, offer the same stability as anything else and never gets into the way like mil-sim themed stocks do. No sight risers since there's no need for them with on-gun sights.

There's no miscellaneous gear that I really need. Sidearms are more hassle than they're worth. Not only do you have to pay for one, they need to be chronographed along with your main marker, need they're own barrel sock, and don't really do much of anything your normal marker can't do. The only time I would use a pistol is if it was my main marker for the day. For the range paintball takes place I definitely don't need to be taking binoculars, and grenades in my opinion cost more than they're worth.

I only carry a small hopper's worth of paint on the field and a squeegee. If I'm playing stock class the 12 grams and 10 round tubes can fit in my pocket. A squeegee also fits in my pocket. There's no need for a vest or harness.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#7 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

For now I've been using my A-5 with airthru dogleg w/ foregrip, flattop rail, 40mm Red Dot...all connected to my Sabre vest, remote line and Action Ghillie. Would like to put in the wrench time and put together a Ion Q-bow for use in the bush. So far it's worked pretty good, but I'm still just getting into my sniper game. I like the 5 setup, but I'm wanting something alot quieter. Think the Ion could fix that. The AG works great as well, light, breezy and blends really well here at home.
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#8 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

When I am in a game playing 100% dedicated to the sniper role, I wear a bushrag poncho ghillie and use a 10 round Rap4 T68 Pistol/Sniper Rifle mod with a 16" barrel. I use a I have an armband that carries 5/10 round tubes and 4 CO2 cartridges so I can change/reload off my bicep, as opposed to reaching down and around in a pocket or pouch. I always carry along a canteen of water and a VOX surveillance radio.

When I am in a game that requires occasional/improvised sniper support (more of a designated marksmen role), or the weather is very hot, I use a pair of sniper veils...one for over my head and shoulders, and another for my Tippmann 98C M4 Sniper Mod with 14" barrel. The sniper veils allow me the flexibility to loadout and support the medium rifleman role 90% of the time, but still effectively support a sniper role if the situation changes and a sniper is necessary.

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 28 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   OP4delta 

• Squad Commando
  • PipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:40 PM

i'm using od combats, going to pick up CADPATs tommorow (sic). i use a stock bt4 delta elite, retractable stock, no bipod, and stock peepsights. she gets the job done.

#10 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

per game i take about 10 tubes of paint at the most, maybe 2 or 3 12 grams in case one malfunctions somehow, and my phantom. I use that handy stock class pouch spec ops makes which is very well designed for stock class which i have sewn onto a bdu jacket. other than that i occasionally use the L stock for my phantom but other than that thats about it
<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#11 User is offline   PHLAT.BLACK 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:PHLAT.BLACK

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:46 AM

I usually rock my VSC phantom with a 3.5 oz, no stock, and carry about 10 tubes of paint. I always have atleast 1 grenade on me, just in case I get into a sticky situation.
Pump4Life
Admiral of the US Navy at A Nation Divided

#12 User is offline   MedicOni 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

When I play sharpshooter (no such thing as sniper), I wear whatever camo fatigues I plan on using that day (no heavy, useless ghillie), use a Phantom VSC w/ a ghost ring and hammerhead barrel kit. Use a PBmafia leg pack, capless, that usually carries 10 tubes and 4 12grams. Maybe a grenade, but not usually.

That's it.

EDIT: Grr... didn't look at the date of last post. Someone did the poll I guess. Does that bump it up on the new post list?

This post has been edited by MedicOni: 29 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

#13 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

rofl..so you dont belive in "sniping" but instead you belive in "sharpshooting"??

:facepalm:
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   callsignmars 

• ANAMAL RUSH IMMINENT
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ANAMAL

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

i used to do "sniper" once in a blue moon, but i sorta got bored with it and started mixing it up. haucked most of the gear below in favor of fusions, so i can't get pictures (sorry!). i will say i did it a little different than more traditional snipers.

i ran ultralites with 3D digi tarp strips zip-tied all thru it (think actionghillie, but like $50 cheaper) while leaving strips open for a similarly outfitted dagger vest. i did the same thing to an old pair of JT goggles and cheapy sporting gloves to complete it. i had a custom rig around my A5 and remote line with the same crap. i tried putting some standard ghillie thru it too, but i got lazy ^_^;

the A5 is almost a broadsword setup actually. WAS e-grip, PMI razzor 14" barrel, bi-pod, adco red dot sight, x7 hopper shell, an A2 longbow kit (air-thru obviously), and a 72/3K tank.

i also carried pod mines. basically, its a 100 round pod, camo, with a Fat Boy bolted to the back and jerry-rigged to go off once the pod was opened. figured out how to make a safety on that baby too. all i did to make it a mine was set it up with fishing line thru a hole in the lid so once it was yanked on it pod open and spew paint EVERYWHERE. if i had the extra cash, i'd get a few of those pull-poppers to add a noise for everyone's entertainment. that or i'd attach those directly to fishing line as an early warning system. apart from that, i'd just carry some 4 pods, a radio, lots of water, a can of ravioli, a fork, bug spray, and an empty water bottle with "TINKLE" sharpied on it.

(PM me if you want instructions on making those mines posted)

basically, me and a few friends would trek out to the middle of the woods, set up those mines and then position ourselves in an array and wait. forever. all game. and miss ALL the firefights. yes, this is why i got bored. however, instead of making single shots, we'd wait until their entire formation got within the trap and POUR paint on them. they'd of course run like hell. and every direction that wasn't the hell away from our side of the field was a mine. to this day, i wish they weren't wearing masks, cause man, i can only imagine the looks on their faces. basically, we were the perfect area denial system.

in a nutshell, i was the IGNORAMUS "sniper" who packed a M249 and claymores.

now an actual sniper to me is a guy who sneaks all the way in there and takes out the enemy CO with a single shot and disappears... then reappears logn enough to do the same thing 15 min later at their next insertion. you'd obviously need a different setup, and it would likely be a bit more "traditional" then what i did.

:D

#15 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

View PostT-Freak, on Jun 1 2009, 05:47 PM, said:

rofl..so you dont belive in "sniping" but instead you belive in "sharpshooting"??

:D

That and marksman. It's easier to be a paintball sniper than a marksman or sharpshooter. It's all relative.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users