• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion qloaded bow Need some help on what i need. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Subtle 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

I currently have an Ion with a qloader. What I want to do is attach a sight and a stock. So what do i need? I've seen multiple threads with many setups and I'm a bit confused.

I know i need a rail so either a black cell body kit or a deadlywind will do. But the blackcell is cheaper. But does an ion qloader kit work with blackcell body kit or deadywind body.

I was also looking into the stocks, since the blackcell stocks are all discontinued,so which stocks would work well for me.
The t2w air thru looks nice, but does it work with the bodys...

And how about the m98 longbow air thru stock. I would need a deadly wind for that correct?

So theres a couple possible setups that would work for me. I just need help with them

Ion, Qloader kit, Deadlywind body, T2W or m98
or
Ion, Qloader kit, blackcell body, T2W stock only? Do i need the adapter aswell? http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/blackc...loader-kit.html

One more thing, do i need the Ion qloader feed system? http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/blackc...eed-system.html

Is there anything else i need to get for this to work?

This post has been edited by Subtle: 30 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

#2 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

this ION Q LOADER FEED SYSTEM is all you need.

it mounts to a Blackcell body (to any 20mm rail actually)

black cell stocks are ideal (less weight than a T2W stock).
but T2W stocks work and perform well..not really a weight issue either.

the adapter kit you linked to, I believe is included with the ION Q LOADER FEED SYSTEM.

I really MISS my ION Blackcell!

#3 User is offline   Subtle 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

Too bad the feed system is discontinuted and out of stock. Thats ok i found a buyer in the B/S/T section B)

#4 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

View PostSubtle, on Nov 30 2009, 07:17 AM, said:

I currently have an Ion with a qloader. What I want to do is attach a sight and a stock. So what do i need? I've seen multiple threads with many setups and I'm a bit confused.

I know i need a rail so either a black cell body kit or a deadlywind will do. But the blackcell is cheaper. But does an ion qloader kit work with blackcell body kit or deadywind body.
The standard feed QLoader will fit any marker with a feedneck, but the horizontal Longbow/QBow feed needs to go onto a Blackcell or an alternate railed body like Deadlywind. To align the feed with other bodies like the Deadlywind you may need to file some of the rails (As I did for my DT13)
I was also looking into the stocks, since the blackcell stocks are all discontinued,so which stocks would work well for me.
The t2w air thru looks nice, but does it work with the bodys...

And how about the m98 longbow air thru stock. I would need a deadly wind for that correct?

So theres a couple possible setups that would work for me. I just need help with them

Ion, Qloader kit, Deadlywind body, T2W or m98
or
Ion, Qloader kit, blackcell body, T2W stock only? Do i need the adapter aswell? http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/blackc...loader-kit.html
This kit on a Blackcell or Deadlywind will give you a QBow

One more thing, do i need the Ion qloader feed system? http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/blackc...eed-system.html
You don't need this adaptor if you get the QBow kit above, this adaptor is for if you get a Longbow kit and need to add a QLoader
Is there anything else i need to get for this to work?

For sight:
To use a classic sight any vertical feedneck will obvoiusly get in the way, but a red dot can 'magicaly' see through a feedneck when you train your eyes.
(Then you can do so with no sight and also look 'through' the barrel)
To do so keep both eyes open, focus on an object on the wall, hold the marker inbetween both eyes. Don't focus on the marker and you will see through.

For stock:
Blackcell stocks are designed for the Blackcell body, Deadlywind bodies accept 'most' Tippmann 98 stocks.
The T2W stock fits to the bottom of the grip so can be used with any body.

Rails filed back on Deadlywind to align feed:
Posted Image

QBow mounted onto Deadlywind:
(I also had to drill the body to bolt the QBow receiver mount below the barrel)
Note I have not used the Blackcell body part that came with the kit so the mount does not 'blend' into the body, and I am not using the additional rail to mount on top. If I had wanted to mount the body part it does not match the other type of rail behind the feed on the Deadlywind, but can be easily modified.
Posted Image

QLoader on Deadlywind body with the standard fittings. Note how high the feed gets. Even when I had a low profile feed the hose seemed to be miles high.
But, the Deadlywinds has the angled side rails for items to be mounted, e.g. this shows a torch and laser for underground bunker play.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 23 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users