• You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Pinokio 180 Rd Pods Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

I recently received a couple of Pinokio pods. First thing I did was to see how they would fit into my NXE Elevation pod pack. The Pinokio pods while being slightly longer and wider than a standard pod had no issues fitting in or being removed. Noticing that the pod lid assembly and pod body were two pieces I took them apart. I had to pull pretty hard to separate the pieces. The lid assembly and body both have lips that interlock keeping the two parts together during use. I don't believe that the pieces would separate during game play. In taking the pod apart and putting it back together I observed that the feel of the pod was of durability and good quality plastic.

At the field I setup my equipment and filled my Paintball Caddy. I grabbed the Pinokio pods and filled them from the Caddy. I found that the Caddy feed neck (2.3"OD) is a bit larger than the Pinokio pod neck (2.1" ID). If the Caddy feed neck is off center it is possible to spill paint when filling the Pinokio pods especially if your in a hurry.

During game play the Pinokio pod acted like any other pod. The lid fits nice and tight preventing unwanted opening and spilling of paint. They were not so tight as to prevent hurried reloading. The textured body was not noticeable during games while grabbing and reloading. Using the Pinokio hopper with extended nose and having 180 round pods worked well. Using the Pinokio pods with the short nose on the Pinokio hopper worked fine as well. I did notice that I felt I had to hold the pod a little longer when reloading. I did not test or time this "feeling." All and all I recommend the Pinokio hopper. It's smaller neck is the only detractor of this pod in that you'll have to be a bit more careful when filling.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

I didn't know pinokio came out with pods. I have to try them out.

Good review!

#3 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

that looks pretty nice! i could only see ever needing 1 though

#4 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

Can we change that kids name to 'Necromaster'?
I have yet to see these at any field. Granted I've play a whole two days since they came out, but still.

Where did you get yours?

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#5 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

Pirate, on 28 August 2010 - 12:18 AM, said:

Can we change that kids name to 'Necromaster'?
I have yet to see these at any field. Granted I've play a whole two days since they came out, but still.

Where did you get yours?

From Pinokio.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users