• You cannot reply to this topic

A-5A2 my review/oppinion Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SPARTAN 013

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:58 PM

well, after a long weekend ive finally decided to sit down and write a reveiw on my new A2. i wasnt able to use it in play because my remote started acting up and i didnt have the knowledge or the tools to fix it. so i took my left over paint and air home in hopes of dong a trial run after i got things working. how sweet it is :D

-MY SETUP-
A-5
A2 kit
16" CP classic barrel

-OPENING THE BOX-
your first impresion about installing this kit is that there are very few parts. the butt stock looks small but its very proportional to the A5. the directions are accurate and strait forward.

-INSTALLATION-
as i said before the directions are very strait forward but i have some advise about installation. if you can, use a drill press. even if you are using a drill press, have someone help you, the last thing you want it to BOINK up your receiver half while drilling the hole. the jig is very strait forward, just makes sure your drilling into your breach and not somewhere else. the grinding takes no time at all, but pnuematics speed things up drasticly. youll need your power tube and the new tombstone to test fit while your milling. you only have to take off as much as you have too. after your done milling your reciever i suggest you either use an old tooth brush or a air hose to blow out the metal shavings. the stock is a tight squeeze but if you wiggle it a bit it will go in. after you cut the macro line and simply push it tight into the new tombstone your good to go, but DONT CUT IT TOO SHORT! you need a bit of line to be able to take your tombstone out, if you leave a bit of bow in the line you should be fine. after you simply "snap" the foregrip on and screw it down with the new bolt your ready to thrash.
*NOTE* the elbow on my tombstone was a bit off. i had to take a pair of channel locks to rotate it along the threads so that it would fit right with the new foregrip. it was an easy fix.
if youve taken your time then you should have a pretty sweet looking A-5. just remember to oil everything during reasembly. after you check for leaks your good to go. (i havnt had any leaks so i cant help ya there)

-HANDLING-
the new kit is obviously more comfertable then the stock setup. the "more ergonomic feel" and "faster to shoulder" rants about it that spec ops makes are true. it is very comfy and surprisingly light for the size of the new upgrade. there are two down sides though. even though there is a cutout, you cant see down the sites with a mask on, but without one its like heaven (i know this becuase when i target shoot behind my house i dont wear a mask, i NEVER recomend taking your mask off while in play). the last thing is the positioning of the remote. if you go prone its really hard to hold the gun strait up and down. if you have a SC on your remote then it becomes even more difficult.

-OPPINION-
overall, i love my new A-5. it is beastly intimidating and very comfertable. ive only target shot with it (the day i went i blew a o-ring in my SC, so i used my friends back up gun) but from what ive done i love it. i cant wait to get the money and go back out with my new A2. these products are very sturdy. i put mine throught some mild abuse during installation and they held up fine. the only way your going to break these parts is if you actually put some thought into breaking something you just spent $95 for. if your going to be using a site you are going to need an offset or raised site rail. but other than that, its great B)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

if there are any questions ill be checking back regularly.

This post has been edited by SPARTAN 013: 10 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

Click these --------------> l MFDPB.com l ULed STDM5 l Feedback l MySpace l <-------------- Click these

#2 User is offline   ak47beast 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:39 PM

man that shat is fecking tight :P but wait till i get my gun man we will see whose gun is better. this is josh from englisg class

This post has been edited by ak47beast: 13 October 2005 - 02:43 PM

#3 User is offline   ak47beast 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:46 PM

o yeah ill give u a freind invite on saturday my freind has my xbox since i dont play it any more really prepare to loose man

#4 User is offline   bryguy27007 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Taste_The_Rainbow

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:37 AM

Nice, Helpfull review.
Farmland Paintball Club, Honor~~Integrity~~Community
ZombieAtak - Maybe he was mad because my gun cost less than that case of paint he just shot at me, and I still got him out.
Aqua_scummm- Oh crap I was so tired last night I forgot to say "Pics or die", so Pics or die.
Legato- To quote Vanilla Ice, "Word to Your Mother".
Commando Kyle- Ugh. I showed up Sunday, and heard tales of "The Pump Group" that was there the day before. You guys made a hell of an impression on the refs... Who was using markers/lipstick knives?

#5 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

thanks bryguy. i put a little effort into it. and im looking to add more pics soon, either that or buy an ion :wacko:

oh and josh..... edit button buddy

Click these --------------> l MFDPB.com l ULed STDM5 l Feedback l MySpace l <-------------- Click these

#6 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2005 - 06:30 PM

sad to say.... but shes for sale. check the b/s/t forum.....

#7 User is offline   biggmoneyme 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:biggmoneyme

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:06 PM

SPARTAN 013

i was to scared to drill in my gun<> i just got the ez air through kit

#8 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

SPARTAN 013, on Oct 22 2005, 06:30 PM, said:

sad to say.... but shes for sale. check the b/s/t forum.....

its sold.... but my review still stands. it was a great gun while i had it

hope this helps somebody B)

#9 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

ak47beast, on Oct 13 2005, 02:39 PM, said:

man that shat is fecking tight B) but wait till i get my gun man we will see whose gun is better. this is josh from englisg class

:o :D na i ve seen better but no offense to you though!LOL :P

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#10 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:16 PM

is that the spec ops tank pouch? how do you like it?
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#11 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:12 PM

evillepaintball, on Nov 30 2005, 05:16 PM, said:

is that the spec ops tank pouch? how do you like it?

its decent, does its job at least. the only problem is there are only 3 belt loops on the marauder pants and it tended to slide around a bit, but thats not the packs fault. should be fine on a pair of regular BDUs or a vest....

#12 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:11 PM

awesome, thanks for the tip!
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#13 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2005 - 10:59 PM

evillepaintball, on Dec 1 2005, 04:11 PM, said:

awesome, thanks for the tip!

no problem...

#14 User is offline   Darth 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:38 PM

i like the A-5 A2 alot. it would be pretty cool to have.
Anti-Communism Club member #29

#15 User is offline   Mc Corndogs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:21 PM

what kind of milling do you have to mill the tombstone in the tegular version of the air thru kit?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users