Special Ops Paintball: Flamethrower - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flamethrower read post before answering poll plz Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Flames or not? (190 member(s) have cast votes)

Should their be flamethrowers?

1. Yes (64 votes [33.68%])

Percentage of vote: 33.68%

2. No (92 votes [48.42%])

Percentage of vote: 48.42%

3. Only on tanks (34 votes [17.89%])

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 User is offline   tankbuster 

• Colonel of the 4th Artillery Regiment
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:treesniper1

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:37 PM

View PostOrpackrat, on Feb 12 2008, 01:58 PM, said:

View Postwico90, on Feb 12 2008, 06:36 AM, said:

what i ment was that if people are fine with other people using grenades why wouldnt they like this

A grenade will usually spray you a little. A "flameThrower" is like being sprayed with a garden hose.

only if you do it in small bursts, which is what you do, because only idiots blow off a whole tank of paint because some guy ambusheds him.
92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.
SLAY THE ORCS!

#47 User is offline   dubfunkstar 

• Mr. Nasty
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

heres my problem with this...what happens when you get paint/water in the works of my Ion..are you going to replace my board???
Posted Image
Smart parts Owner #92 FeedBack
PBNationFeedBack
I'm more fun then a pickle

#48 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

View Postdubfunkstar, on Apr 20 2008, 12:57 PM, said:

heres my problem with this...what happens when you get paint/water in the works of my Ion..are you going to replace my board???

...nearly all electro's are fairly water tight...i played with my ion in pouring rain and never had a problem with it...

...now would i like to be soaked with paint...no, i think under some circumstances a paint-thrower would be ok...but for the most part im going to have to give the thumbs down on this idea...

#49 User is offline   Long Wood 

• Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BOB LONG

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:46 AM

This dosn't sound like a good idea for multiple reasons.

#50 User is offline   Babylon 5 

• Long live Arrested Development
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Babylon 5

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

It's one of those things when you see it you're like "Awsome that's so cool" but I would not want to be git by it.

Did anyone see the flamethrower that was posted awhile back that was made out of a WWII flamethrower that shot out a 150FT or so and shot a cornsyrup and jello like mixger? It was an awsome sight to see some of the pics but man the people that got hit were jello-afide.
Automaggot #78 E-Tac, DW Fibur barrel, Apache Ricochet hopper

#51 Guest_b_soukup_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

i support the flame thrower idea. i love 2 TINKLE people off in paintball lol thanks 4 the help. ;)

#52 User is offline   DaggerofBWUK 

• Theknightofbwuk-dagger styley
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

I was thinking about like 2 tippmann double troubles (one ontop of the other), with a huge ammo supply, that way it will be like a wave of paint...
"May be the new kid on the block
but that don't really matter
'Cos I is from Gloucestershire
and I can drive a tra-ar"

#53 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

View PostDaggerofBWUK, on May 10 2008, 09:31 AM, said:

I was thinking about like 2 tippmann double troubles (one ontop of the other), with a huge ammo supply, that way it will be like a wave of paint...

in my opinion that would not be nearly as fun as liquid paint, but i could be more practicle for control and actually using it at your local feild are concerned
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#54 User is offline   rebaler 

• One bullet can change history...
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:rebaler

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

Ok, at first I thought this was silly not stupid... and people... he didnt mean like 5 gallons on one person... pretty much you wouldn't shot more then a half a gallon of CLAYMORE MINE PAINT...

anyway... I was over at this thread...http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=151278&st=0
and I came up with and idea:

... and somewhere I remember a guy saying " why not flame throwers in paintball" his idea of squirting out water was put down right away by people... but if you used a system like your building.... have it hook up... to a gun like one of the mini mags where the trigger and feed neck and everything is all compack .... you could then add a 20" barrel w/ a apex on the end to add to the flame thrower look....

cuase flame throwers had a hose from their backpack to thier small handle and long barrel and with a double trigger thing that most speedballers use you could do close to full auto that would be like a flame thrower...

idk just my two cents

anyway that would realy be kool to see... using it one handed... wouldnt be a true flame thrower but if you were shooting like 20+ balls a second you would pretty much be shooting a stream...

also the first poster of this thread come back and post again don't like these guys walk over you cuase your newer then them...
...no one can make people freak out like a sniper... unless compared to a sniper gunner... lol one case of paint one kill....

#55 User is offline   NAM 

• future property of the USMC
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NAM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

I like the idea if you can build one with a small stream of paint like whats in F-Bomb paint Greanades. I have had a big boy go off in my had when i tore the plastic off becuase it snagged the rubber band and ripped that off too but the paint didn't soak me i wiped it off after i got out of the game and i wasn't even wet. I took all the paint becuase i was crouched but it didn't soak into my BDU's and it was seemed thicker but lighter than what is in paintballs at the same time. It was really wierd paint.
"Future property of the U.S.M.C.''
"92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.''
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

#56 User is offline   tankbuster 

• Colonel of the 4th Artillery Regiment
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:treesniper1

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

Ok guys. I've said this before, and i'm gonna say it again. Its only like a little spray, similar to a grenade. You all are looking at it all wrong. It's not like a big concentrated stream of paint that covers you head to toe. Just to get it straight...
92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.
SLAY THE ORCS!

#57 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

i used a super soaker filled with paint once as a flamethrower. To avoid being soaked the rule was you could only shoot small bursts wchich would just minda mist people. It worked well to flank those peope who just crouch behind a bunker and no one can seem to hit. you just had to fire right over the bunker and the burst would drop down from above so you wouldn't have to wait for them to stick their head out.

#58 User is offline   Sub Zero 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:22 AM

One good thing would be no barrel breaks.

#59 User is offline   BigAfro07 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BIGAFRO

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

its a fun idea and could work if it is refined to not soaking people and had a practical range

so maybe work on the gun.
If you live or play in Mississippi message me

#60 User is offline   TheLeftHandofGod 

• If you die we're splitin up your gear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Left Hand of God

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

dude why not use flame throwers. just use short bursts and aim low or u can make it rain literally.

Shocker Owner #2
PROTECT THIS HOUSE

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users