• You cannot reply to this topic

.50 Caliber The new standard?

#46 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

50 Caliber won't be the new standard. It will fade and die away. If it was the new standard, basically every current player would be forced to get all new gear from Markers, Barrels and Loaders.

Are any of you interested in re-investing all your money again? I am not and I doubt most paintballers are not either. It will only become the new standard if we all deiced to make it so. No company can force it on us.

#47 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

Are you sure about that? SP seems to be able to force it's will on the paintball community quite well....

But I agree. The odds of this "revolution" taking of is slim. The only way SP could make it cheaply viable is with barrel inserts and new bolts of some kind. But would that really be financially sound for SP?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#48 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Jul 26 2009, 08:04 PM, said:

Are you sure about that? SP seems to be able to force it's will on the paintball community quite well....

But I agree. The odds of this "revolution" taking of is slim. The only way SP could make it cheaply viable is with barrel inserts and new bolts of some kind. But would that really be financially sound for SP?

Sure. even if the initial manufacturing cost wasn't that low, all they have to do is produce a few things. Think about it- the ion is semi modular already- there's autococker threaded breeches on the market, all you'd have to do as SP would produce a .50 cal breech and barrel, maybe a new feedneck and bolt, and the ION is up to speed for .50 paint. Ditto the new Impulse, which, IIRC, has a semi modular construction and the top and bottom tubes can be switched out for others already. so, there again, .50 top tube, barrel, feedneck, bolt, done. they don't have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak, unlike, say, BLAST or APS would, and they'd stand to benefit the most- since they could keep a lot of their existing stuff, and just switch over to producing the ,50 cal components. the only marker of theirs that would be hurt would be what? the SP-1 and the shocker?
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#49 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Jul 26 2009, 10:04 PM, said:

Again with the silly SP bashing, I'd expect better from an admin too.

#50 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

View Postghost93, on Jul 26 2009, 09:12 PM, said:

People don't like SP. get used to it.

#51 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

Silly? Yea, it's silly to not think very highly of a company with all the business ethics of a fire ant. :dodgy:

SP is a terrible company. People will stop bashing it when it stops suing everyone to get patents it doesn't deserve.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#52 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Jul 26 2009, 11:42 PM, said:

I still find it ridiculous that every thread their name is mentioned in turns into a huge bash SP session no matter what the topic is. I really could care less if you don't like SP, I just don't want to hear about it all the time.

View Postike123, on Jul 26 2009, 11:50 PM, said:

Silly? Yea, it's silly to not think very highly of a company with all the business ethics of a fire ant. :dodgy:

SP is a terrible company. People will stop bashing it when it stops suing everyone to get patents it doesn't deserve.

No, it's silly to bash them in every thread that they are mentioned. I'm not really that found of SO, I think most of their new products suck. I don't say that in every thread where SO is mentioned though.

#53 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

Funny, I have seen numerous threads where SP is mentioned and not bashed. Personally, I don't even think what Puz said was even really a bash, it was more like a cynical observation.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#54 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

View Postghost93, on Jul 26 2009, 09:51 PM, said:

I still find it ridiculous that every thread their name is mentioned in turns into a huge bash SP session no matter what the topic is. I really could care less if you don't like SP, I just don't want to hear about it all the time.

Then stay out of those threads. simple.

No, it's silly to bash them in every thread that they are mentioned. I'm not really that found of SO, I think most of their new products suck. I don't say that in every thread where SO is mentioned though.

you do? good for you. I don't like SO's new things- I think the QC is garbage on the softgear, and that the hard gear is overpriced. and I say it when people ask. otherwise, I just keep my mouth shut and skip over the thread. Just like I skip over threads bashing Fullclip, BT, BLAST, and Vforce. see how that works? If i know it's something I'm not going to want to read, I DON'T READ IT.

This post has been edited by Ethrealwolf: 26 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

#55 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Jul 26 2009, 11:55 PM, said:

you do? good for you. I don't like SO's new things- I think the QC is garbage on the softgear, and that the hard gear is overpriced. and I say it when people ask. otherwise, I just keep my mouth shut and skip over the thread. Just like I skip over threads bashing Fullclip, BT, BLAST, and Vforce. see how that works? If i know it's something I'm not going to want to read, I DON'T READ IT.

If it's titled the "Super Bash SP Thread" then I would. But most threads have nothing to do with that, but turn into it somehow.

#56 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

View Postghost93, on Jul 26 2009, 09:57 PM, said:

View PostEthrealwolf, on Jul 26 2009, 11:55 PM, said:

If it's titled the "Super Bash SP Thread" then I would. But most threads have nothing to do with that, but turn into it somehow.

Seems like common sense, then, to stay out of those threads.

#57 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Jul 26 2009, 11:59 PM, said:

Not really, because I'd like to discuss the intended topic, not bash SP. So how about you go open a bash SP thread and we can discuss .50 caliber paint in here?

#58 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

View Postghost93, on Jul 26 2009, 10:02 PM, said:

View PostEthrealwolf, on Jul 26 2009, 11:59 PM, said:

Not really, because I'd like to discuss the intended topic, not bash SP. So how about you go open a bash SP thread and we can discuss .50 caliber paint in here?

I'll do you one better. ignore feature. use it.

Because, as you already pointed out, any thread involving SP is going to turn into a bash SP thread. that means that any new .50 cal paint thread will too.

#59 User is offline   theDrone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:theDrone

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

Ok so bash SP for what they did and leave it at that. As for the real topic at hand... maybe think about it objectively and not turn it into a stupid flaming-type thread just because SP is involved. The topic is about the joint-company idea of a .50 paintball and a general discussion about their so-called upcoming revolution in paintball.

I mean i could understand all this bashing if the topic was specific to the thing that SP did, but not this completely different subject. What happens if some newer player or someone that doesn't care about what had happened comes in here hoping to check out some discussion about the paintball idea? They'd come to see members and even an admin bad mouthing over a company and not a product that's the supposed topic for this discussion.

If you want to bad mouth SP's new business venture... go do so in your own happy bashing thread. This is all rather ridiculous.

And as for the .50 paintball... is it not similar to Tiberius Arms new product line? Except that it goes in a different direction to achieve results.

#60 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:18 AM

View Postghost93, on Jul 27 2009, 12:12 AM, said:

Your blind fanboyism for SP is no better than anyone that "bashes" them.

How is it bashing when a statement of fact is made? Just because I'm an admin I'm not permitted to speak my mind?

Where would we be if the ASA had been patented?

How many markers would there be if Nelson and Sheridan had sued EVERYONE that used their marker as a base?

I get that a company does things to grow it's bottom line. Paintball has always been about helping the community to grow. Smart Parts doesn't seem to get that. Because of Smart Parts companies have become gun shy and innovation seems to have stopped at milling marker bodies and shaving that extra gram off.

Does SP make a bad product? No.

Has Smart Part actually helped the paintball community through it's actions? Also No.

And now that same company starts an ad campaign claiming they're the progenitors of the newest revolution of the game, the .50 paintball.

Yeah, I'm VERY doubtful about their intentions. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens, won't we?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users