• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spec ops Sabre vest questions

#1 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:06shocker&ion

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

1.) Why is it so expensive, and is it worth it?

2.) I have an upped Ion and I like to shoot alot of paint LOL, so does it carry enough paint for me?

3.) Every once in awhile I'll be using a Q-loader, does the vest hold the Q-loaders good?

4.) How good does this vest hold the pods, like the best pod pack company for speedball is NXE pod packs, so how good are the ones on the Sabre vest?

5.) can you guys tell me the pros and cons about this vest

6.) this question is for Sabre's who own an Ion: How many pods do you carry around in a game?

7.) And this doesn't have to do the Sabre vest but I have seen the scout and recon vests, and those names aren't familiar, can somebody tell me what a scout and recon does?

please respond, thank you!

06shocker&ion

-EDIT-
should this thread be here or in the sabre thread?

This post has been edited by 06shocker&ion: 15 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

#2 User is offline   DEADRED 

• DEADRED
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:red9860

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:42 PM

1.) Why is it so expensive, and is it worth it?
its 131 total shipped, no idea why it costs that much, its a great vest, i havent used a pod pack since i got it

2.) I have an upped Ion and I like to shoot alot of paint LOL, so does it carry enough paint for me?
same here, and it does carry enough paint for me

3.) Every once in awhile I'll be using a Q-loader, does the vest hold the Q-loaders good?
dont know yet but im gonna ned to find out pretty soon

4.) How good does this vest hold the pods, like the best pod pack company for speedball is NXE pod packs, so how good are the ones on the Sabre vest?
theyve got the pull tabs to open, and theyre how to put it umm well theyve got little pieces of something inside the holder so that your pods slide right out with no effort, you just have to remember that its coming or itll go to ground, i lovewd it after i got used to it, which only tok 2 minutes

5.) can you guys tell me the pros and cons about this vest
all around it holds more than a pod pac, its slightly heavier but not that much heavier, balls tend to bounce off the front pouches without breaking
its kinda hard to clean since you cant put it in the washing machine

6.) this question is for Sabre's who own an Ion: How many pods do you carry around in a game?
i carry eight pods on the vest and occasionally wear a +2 leg pouch

7.) And this doesn't have to do the Sabre vest but I have seen the scout and recon vests, and those names aren't familiar, can somebody tell me what a scout and recon does?

no idea, but they are closed front and dont ventilate the way a sabre vest does, they are cheaper though

why's this in the newbies corner, it probly should be in the sabre section or vest review section
couldnt the mod just remove the part related to outward comment???
whata nuisance

#3 User is offline   Red1 

• Silence is a Deadly Weapon
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow750

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:03 PM

1. It's not terribly expensive compared to other vests (Just look at SpecOps and Cops911's other vests, and you'll see that this is one of the least expensive), and it's definitely worth it.
2. It hold up to eight pods, plus the shoulder straps are the width of most web belts, so you could always do like me and put another pod pack on the shoulder straps.
3. From what I've heard, yes it will, but don't take my word for it as I only use pods.
4. The only ones I ever have trouble with are the elastic +2 pod holders, but I find if I put those pods upright (lid toward my head), they don't come out.
5. a. Pros: More breatheable than any standard vest, same paint capacity as Broadsword vest, adjustable position for radio and scenario ID, I've heard that COPS911 can mod it for you, shoulder straps hold any upgrades designed to fit on a belt, adjustable elastic waste thing that keeps you from screwing your back up and keeps your gear from swinging back and forth as you run, those two pockets will hold almost anyhing (except pods)
b. Cons: No grenade pouches, No SpecOps interlock system, in all honesty I can't think of any more cons
6. N/A, sorry, I use an A5, and I play broadsword/squad leader.
7. Scout and Recon aren't positions, they are just models of vest. As a Broadsword, I wouldn't buy them, but if you're alright with only 4 pods, go for it.

If you want more answers, you could probably PM a mod and ask nicely if they will move it to the sabre forum.

My overall opinion: Love it; Only play without it when I play pistols only. The lack of grenade pockets only affects me at scenario games.

Pistol Wielding Dagger #21; Youngest member of the Hobbit Mossad

#4 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:06shocker&ion

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:22 PM

anyone else?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic