• You cannot reply to this topic

Dangerous Power G3 Hear me out on this Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Revenant 

• Mobile Strike Sniper
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Reno 07

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

I was sitting home today before work and was messing around with my brother's DP IQ (he somehow got the IQ here in the US, even though its only available in Europe, don't ask me how). Anyway, it dawned on me that its a small, light, accurate, quiet marker and that it uses autococker thread barrels. This got me thinking...

If I got my hands on my own black DP G3 (or IQ) and mounted my tri-rail barrel mount and a decent point sight, then teamed that with a T2W stock, I could have the basis of a pretty handy sniper rifle. I'd repaint it to eliminate the shine of the finish and slam a new barrel on there (Deadlywind CF most likely) and 'bam!' I'd have a sniper marker that comes in at around 4-5 pounds. Compare that to my current arrangement that weighs over 9 pounds and you can see why that's a pretty good reason to celebrate in my book.

So, opinions anyone?

#2 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

Do you have freak inserts?, lol! As long as it's comfortable, it should be great.

#3 User is offline   Revenant 

• Mobile Strike Sniper
  • Pip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

Don't have them yet, but they'd be on the purchase list aong with the barrel and a few other necessities.

#4 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

well, i own an f8 and if i hid the color i would use it as a sniping tool myself... but ive also just had some friends throw a camo net over me while i sat on a log with my hammer equipment and ambushed people successfully like that as well.

the point is, any marker can ambush people or "snipe". what you gotta worry about, even with the g3, is that most peeps on trails or in games, are usually not alone. so i would focus on having another player with you to back you up, or to use as a diversion to make yourself utterly lethal on the field. DP rocks, so good choice on the markers. almost all high end markers are cocker threaded from what i hear, so dont worry so much about that. even if not, you can buy barrel adapters for pretty much everything. i would suggest you fixate on your positions on the field more thna anything. that's what decides if you make a successful ambush.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#5 User is offline   CON*RAD 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

Sounds like a great setup to me. I like the g3's looks and if it had a t2w attached to it it would look extremely sexy, and light. Sounds good to me I think you should try it.
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP

#6 User is offline   Revenant 

• Mobile Strike Sniper
  • Pip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

I actually serve primarilly as in a 'squad designated marksman' capacity, providing precision aimed fire when my team needs it, so ambushing isn't really my forte. Hence the necessity of a light marker. Thanks for the vote of confidence in the marker, looking forward to building this little beast some time between Halloween and New Year's.

Edit: I attached a cobbled together pic to show the concept as it will be executed. I put an egg on top for scale, I'l either run one of them or a Qloader, depending largely on my mood the day I buy the feeder. I'm betting on the 'Q' right now, but we'll see how it turns out down the road.

This pic does not show the sight mount or sight, as I could not find pics for this image, and the barrel may not be to scale. Intended barrel will be 16in though 14in is possible depending on availability.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  G3.jpg (16.27K)
    Number of downloads: 11

This post has been edited by Revenant: 14 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users